Four pounds, 1.5 ounces of Godiva Chocolates

Options
12346»

Replies

• tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Your story rocks. I love it. And you have the gift of writing, which we lawyers definitely need to persuade our opponents and judges that we have the only reasonable position ;) Good for you, keep up the amazing work!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    You are an excellent story teller. Hurrah for you for rewarding yourselt!
    After about 2 months of diligent logging in on MFP, I was reading a post here about not denying yourself on your fitness journey. So many allow themselves the small rewards, and I really like that.
    Ever since reading that post, as my last "food?" of the day, I have rewarded myself each night with one of two things. Most often, for me, it is a single dark chocolate Dove Promise with caramel and sea salt, and once a week, I have a Godiva milk salted toffee caramel. Pre-MFP, I was a milk chocolate only addict. Now, I almost prefer the dark choclate:happy:
    Thank you sir, for your story. You have brought a smile to many today!
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    First off i want to tell you to send me some of your Godiva please lol. I absolutely love it. 3 months ago i would eat any kind of chocolate even tho Godiva is my favorite. Since i started this health journey 3 months ago i Never Ever touch the junk chocolate. If i am going to enjoy a piece of chocolate you better believe it will be a damn fine piece and well worth the splurge. I eat a piece a few times a week. I bought 8 pieces on the 8th this month and still have 5 left!!! ( i hope so at least, havent opened the gold box in a week lol )

So i say know your limits , fit it in where you can and enjoy every mouthwatering bite of it. You are doing great
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to take five minutes to close the door to my office, visually admire the contents of my new gift, pick out four pieces (no more, and no less), record my 190 calories on MFP, and savor each delectable morsel.

I'm six days into the great Godiva experiment. After selecting my precious allotment of four pieces (duly recorded in MFP when consumed) I counted nineteen empty slots in my 4 pound box. That means I'm averaging 3.17 pieces per day. So far, so good!

Scott R.
  • paulvt65
    paulvt65 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That means I'm averaging 3.17 pieces per day. So far, so good!

Scott R.

Top man!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I love this.

Thank you for sharing.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    The best part was "Picking out four, and only four.." That right there is what will help you win this marathon!

Yes, this... indulgence with a healthy dash of self control. NICE!

I prefer different brands, but the idea is the same! Nicely done sir. *tip of the hat*