QUESTION FOR MEN ONLY

Options

Replies

• djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    i'd be there in a heartbeat..but I have a big question as to when this marriage happened
  • beyg
    beyg Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    If your wife called you and said she was given NFL preseason tickets for tonights game ( your favorite team) would you or would you not be happy and say that you would love to go... BTW parking pass included...

Well, not mine. He said he would rather sit at home and watch it on TV.
    r7sdA.gif

agree
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Yeah. .....no. He should be at the game....and be buying you flowers.
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I give away my preseason tickets because it's pointless to go. Even my kids know it isn't the real thing.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Pre-season, not so much. The games don't count towards anything and the best players don't want to risk getting injured before the season starts. So you see the unknowns, or you see your favorites doing 80% effort.
    For quality of the game, high school or college is much more exciting.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Show some appreciation and go to the game!!!
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Like only men are going to answer...

Preseason doesn't count. At all. Whatsoever. Do not care. He would feel the same way. Why spend the gas and deal with the frustration of getting downtown, then WILDLY overpay for beer and a snack.. When I can sit out the couch in my underwear?

WELL considering that I'm a woman and I'm asking men how they would react to their WIFE doing this.... I'm not really reading any responses from women, but thanks for playing...:yawn:
  • lorib75
    Options
    i'd be there in a heartbeat..but I have a big question as to when this marriage happened

We've been married 6 years but have been together 10.
  • big_drake
    Options
    I'd probably go. But I've only seem my favorite team play once. I don't live in the same town.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    So many factors...a friend of mine once invited me to go watch his team play...it was in Phoenix for a pre-season game. Two and a half hour drive...I appreciated the gesture, but in all honesty, I would rather have stayed home...done some grilling and some drinking and would have been much more comfortable.

I've also done NBA pre-season...same answer.
  • mdbs2004
    mdbs2004 Posts: 220
    Options
    For some like myself preseason football is about as hard to watch as golf. I am a huge football fan but cannot stand to watch preseason football. I have passed up preseason Bears tickets in the past. I dont watch any preseason football. Its not real football. Neither team tries to win the game. The better the team the worse their preseason record.
  • Redskins76
    Options
    I would go only if it is not cold outside!! Its only preseason but the thought of her doing that for me would make it special to go!! GO REDSKINS!!!!!!
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    If your wife called you and said she was given NFL preseason tickets for tonights game ( your favorite team) would you or would you not be happy and say that you would love to go... BTW parking pass included...

if you got me tickets i would go with you....lol, i love watching football so much im watching the replay of the Seahawks vs Chiefs right now. If my wife gave me tickets i would def go with her even if its preseason. (would rather have her spend money on reg season game though)
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    So go out to a cool event, no matter how crappy the seats may be,break the usual routine, spend some time with a cool wife, drink a few beers, see your favorite team, all for the cost of a few beers and a hotdog OR sit on the couch and watch your gut grow while you play armchair quarterback. Well first you should buy him a complete Ed Hardy wardrobe because he is obviously a Douche and all should know that. Then you should dump him because he is a boring douche who owns an Ed Hardy Wardrobe
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you the last time I watched a televised game of any kind. I do enjoy the occasional live game because it’s a whole different experience. To answer the OP's question though... if my wife/girlfriend thought about me, surprising me with something she thought I would enjoy and wanted to go out for the evening to do something together, I would be extremely hesitant to EVER turn down that offer. She needs to know her efforts are appreciated. Even if it’s not something I’m really into. Again, everything in balance… but that was very sweet of you.
  • lorib75
    Options
    OP, some women like football too ya know? haha

I am a guy who thinks that a woman in a baseball/football/hockey jersey is incredibly sexy. You dont need to know all the rules and if you can have a beer and yell at the ump/ref its even sexier.

Having said all that, that sounds like an amazing date to me!

Yes, I am one of those women.... but the question was directed towards men because I really wanted to know what MEN would do if given the same opportunity... I'm not bisexual so to me it is not necessary to get a woman's opinion,.. I am a woman, I know how I feel and what I would do given the same situation.
    But Yes, I know in these forums people will read and answer anything that is put out there...:smile::wink:
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to say the team because everyone will laugh THEY SUCK>>>>> KC CHIEFS>>>>>

but the point is... it's his favorite team. I had 6 tickets and a parking pass given to me. Why would we NOT go? OHHHHH
    that's right... cuz beer at home is already cold and in the fridge and I can bring it to him on a silver platter.:explode:

ps seats are on the 40 yard line about 25 rows up.

those are great seats
  • RudyND
    RudyND Posts: 213 Member
    Options

I agree with him even though that was very nice of you. I dont like crowds. You cant see anything b/c everyone is standing.
    You feel like people on top of you. Dolphins are my favorite team and I had tickets on 50yrd line seats lower half. I went home at
    halftime to watch the second half. And that was regular season game. But for some reason I like going to college games.
    Maybe its the atmosphere.
  • nbhobbes
    nbhobbes Posts: 284
    Options
    He should go as it was a nice gesture..

But if I was married and my wife got me preseason games I would sell/trade them for something..

Not a fan of NFL.

But if it was and EPL or MLS game! Thats a different story! :)
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    A. Never ask for men's opinions only. All you'll get is women.

B. I can understand. Pre-season is often terrible. Sometimes it's better to watch at home and shut it off when the third stringers come in.

Not here in Buffalo, we wait excitedly for the third stringers to come in!

OP - depends on where the seats are and who they're playing against.