How 6 Months Have Changed My Life! (Text & Pic Heavy)

Options
1234568»

Replies

• sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all your success!! You look amazing and you can tell in your pics that you're SOOO happy!!! :) It makes me happy!!! :)
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look fantastic!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Thank you! It means a lot to me if my fight to reclaim my life can inspire just one other person to try. :flowerforyou:
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I eat everything I ever ate, just more of it. Does that sound silly to anyone besides me? I spent the last 35 years or so, of my life eating just one meal a day. I have just never counted eating as much more than a means to survive. I know, it's not how most people think. But that is how I felt. I was very active, Taekwondo (I actually worked at the Dojo for years and taught), working in Ariel Construction building Cable TV systems all over the southern US, many activities. It wasn't an issue until my health took a U-turn and I could no longer stay active. Then the pounds piled up quickly.

I was never a breakfast eater, not a fan of eggs and greasy meat. LOL So, I started having a protein shake in the mornings, just to give myself a kick start. Then I make sure to have snacks and lunch and a nice dinner. I didn't eat many "white" foods to begin with. But, I stopped any I did eat. I don't eat pasta (hate it anyway), bread, rice, white flour, sugar, processed foods, packaged foods. The only one of those items I really did like was rice. I can easily live without it. It may not be ideal for everyone, but it works for me and I am happy with it. I eat a ton of turkey breast too. There are so many tasty ways to cook it, whether it's ground turkey breast or whole breast tenderloins. it's a 10+ on my Yum Meter! I do not eat any red meat. I love vegetables and fruits.

I move much more now than I had since my health declined. I figured that anyone can do something to burn calories. Even if it's just for a couple minutes, like when I started. My stamina and endurance built up faster than I realized. The Gazelle started it. I love to ride my mountain bike now, that's the best. But, if the weather isn't cooperating, I ride my recumbent or use another machine at home.

The biggest part of me having any success at all is...I believe in myself, in my abilities, in my mental strength and my sheer will. I have said it many times, you can do anything you think you can. Which brings me to my favorite poem. It has given me strength to carry on, many times. Maybe, it can help someone else too. I believe it so much...

”The Victor”
    If you think you are beaten, you are.
    If you think you dare not, you don’t.
    If you like to win but think you can’t, It’s almost a cinch you won’t.
    If you think you’ll lose, you’re lost.
    For out in the world we find, success begins with a person’s will. It’s all in the state of mind.
    If you think you are out classed, you are.
    You’ve got to think high to rise.
    You’ve got to be sure of yourself, before you can ever win the prize.
    Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster man.
    But, sooner or later, the one who wins is the one who thinks he can.

Good luck. I can do it, so can you! Thank you all for your kindness.

Not crazy at all. I joined WW and realized I never at so much every day in my life! Now I'm finally losing weight. I'm also moving more as a result. I couldn't believe the amount of food I had to eat to get in all of my points for WW. But I was loosing weight! The weeks where we were low on food in the house (just before pay day of course) i didn't eat much and that week didn't have any weight loss. I never ate fast food, fried foods or junk food so thought eating less would get me to lose weight. Just the opposite. I was so tired I could barely do much of anything and was gaining weight. I never ate breakfast before either but now I have a very large breakfast, average sized lunch and small light dinner. 2 lbs a week on average WL for me now!
  • MrsJones112604
    Options
    This is truly inspiring. You are amazing, and you LOOK amazing. I adore your favorite pink pants, and I know you'll be in them in no time at all! <3! You're a new hero of mine :)
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing!! Such an huge difference in your smile! I bet you tons of energy! Keep up the great work! You are worth it! Blessings!!
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    What an awesome story! You look amazing and I'm sure you feel even better. :D I :heart: your 'trying on outfits' pics.

Congratulations!
  • TerrySlim
    Options
    I am so proud of you. I look up to you even more, now that I have read more of your story. I'm sure there's still so much more. Congratulations. You'll see your goal and those pink jeans fitting!
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    thank you for the inspiration!! YOU HAVE WORKED HARD!!! YOU LOOK AMAZING !!!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I feel great now!
  • NutteryButtery
    Options
    Great story. I'm glad you decided to take back your life. You look absolutely wonderful. The change is huge!
  • jpohoney
    jpohoney Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jpohoney
    jpohoney Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I wanted to tell you what an amazing story! I want to reread it every time I want to quit! So I don't quit! Thank you :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!