No late night snacking - last one for 2009 :)

Options

Replies

• MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    Options
    I'd like to join-- even though I'm getting here late. It's been a terrible week for me. I have insomnia and end up eating late into the night and sometimes in the early morning hours.

Gonna try really hard.
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join-- even though I'm getting here late. It's been a terrible week for me. I have insomnia and end up eating late into the night and sometimes in the early morning hours.

Gonna try really hard.

No, it's not too late, not at all. Welcome! :flowerforyou:
    We plan to start a parallel thread on Monday and have this as a weekly challege. So you can take this weekend as a training for that thread, where you can start at the same time as everyone :wink:
  • MadWorld
    Options
    Sounds really good. Thanks! Hope everyone has a great weekend! :)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    No, it's not too late, not at all. Welcome! :flowerforyou:
    We plan to start a parallel thread on Monday and have this as a weekly challege. So you can take this weekend as a training for that thread, where you can start at the same time as everyone :wink:
    Thanks for the reminder. I'm writing it on my calendar so I remember to get it started on Monday :)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    :smile: :smile:

Two nights under my belt, but still not the best food choices. Still haven't quite jumped back on the health wagon, but at least I'm holding on for dear life as it drags me along

I think I'm going to challenge myself a little more.

I think on week nights (Sunday through Thursday) other than Tuesday (don't get out of the gym until 8 and am always hungry), I'm going to make my cutoff time at 7:30, and 8:30 on Friday and Saturday. I tend to go to bed by 9 p.m. on weeknights if I'm fortunate so that will help. Ideally I'd like to stop eating 2 hours before bed, but my family's schedule doesn't always work out that way, so 7:30 will have to do for now.

Hope you all are having a great weekend!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I finished making dinner past my cut-off last night (got home late), but since I stayed strong after finishing it (even as someone dear was munching on tortilla chips next to me :wink:), I will count it (it turned out to be 2hrs before I went to bed anyway):

12 days in total, 7 consecutive days.

Speaking of 2hrs, lulabellewoowoo I don't think you should feel bad at all about that, because your schedule sounds too complicated to be that strict. It totally makes sense that you adjust to your family's schedule for dinner. Just try to eat lite/less at dinner: "eat in the morning like a king, at lunchtime with friends and at dinner share food with your enemies" :wink:.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    "eat in the morning like a king, at lunchtime with friends and at dinner share food with your enemies" :wink:.
    Dewdrop, I :love: this quote. I'm going to write it down and follow it. Thanks
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile:
    Well, this challenge definitely saved me last night. I decided for last night since we were staying in as a family and I was making dinner, that I would make the cutoff time at 7:30 since I had more control over it. Still went to bed at 9, but I figured it was a good time. I had the munchies big time yesterday. They were so bad that I had to spend two hours vigorously cleaning my house to get some extra calories (I'm not a huge housecleaner as I end up opting to hang out with kids or hubby if given the option). After dinner was over, I was clearing plates, setting up for game night and was about to grab a big handful of caramel popcorn that my hubby had gotten for me when he went to Ocean City, MD last week, and I looked at the clock and it said exactly 7:30. My first thought was, I bet I could get a handful in my mouth and swallowed before it changed to 7:31. But I took some deep breaths for the next 60 seconds and then walked away.

Good thing. I calculated my calories today. I was at 2000 calories today. I haven't done that in a LONG time, especially without a party of special event. Fortunately, I had gotten in 800 calories of exercising. That was the only thing that saved me.

Woke up this morning with munchies, so need to keep myself focused. Food needs to be a necessity, not a want. I want right now, but definitely don't need as I don't feel hungry. asldfjasldkjflkasdfjakl;sdfj

Anyway, I hope you guys are having a great weekend. Catch ya all later :)
  • healthworks
    Options
    Good Morning Girls :smile:

My starting over......

I have 2 nights done. Fri night we had a school fuction, I made sure I ate before and not after ( a first) usually getting home at 9 pm. :smile:

lulabellewoowoo & dewdrop WoW...... with the popcorn & chips:flowerforyou:
  • healthworks
    Options
    [/quote] "We plan to start a parallel thread on Monday and have this as a weekly challege."
    [/quote]

GREAT IDEA!! :heart:

WELCOME MadWorld!! :flowerforyou:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    13 days in total, 8 consecutive days.

Last night was easier, for some reason :smile:.

healthworks, how far did you get until you had to restart? Good job, you too :flowerforyou:. Happy you're still with us! :happy:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    lulabellewoowoo, :flowerforyou: - nice start of a new challenge.
    Given the rules I posted there, last night still counts, even though I got home again only at 9 and had to eat something. So:
    14 days in total, 9 consecutive days.
  • MadWorld
    Options
    Hi all.

Well, I have absolutely no days to be proud of as of yet. Horrible, horrible, no good weekend. But, TODAY I start with my "no late night snacking".

I am going to say my cut off time for food will be no later than 10pm every day from now on-- it will be easier for me since I have a hard time getting in bed any earlier than that and I like to have one last snack before I lay down. I use to eat just a banana and have a cup of milk when I was following a no late night snacking policy a couple of years ago. So, I am going to do that again.

Hope everyone is doing well! :)
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i'm in too. my cutoff time is 7. i usually eat dinner around 6 and by then my calories are spent. when i have a snack after dinner, it always makes me go over!!!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    crying%2520smiley.gif
    Where is everyone? No one is posting on either one. Come back.....
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Where is everyone? No one is posting on either one. Come back.....

:love: I was thinking on Tuesday night that I can do better, so I won't count the day. However, that day's gone, today's new and we take it one day at a time, right?

But, really, where's everyone else? People, this is a challenge, it's not a "success stories" thread. so don't be affraid to fail, be affraid of staying there :wink:. Plus, if you (we) stick to it and keep trying, this might become a "success stories" thread! :flowerforyou: So, who's still around and fighting? :wink:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Update:

15 days in total
    Greatest number of consecutive days: 9.
    Current consecutive days counter: 1.
  • Veronica320
    Options
    Well, we just got back from our honeymoon in the Bahamas......I gained 10 pounds in 14 days. Oh well, it was worth it. It won't take me long to lose it, so I'm not too worried. It's just hard to break the habit of eating whatever I want whenever I want it. Hope everyone is staying strong and has a happy holiday!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Congrats, Veronica, for getting married! :flowerforyou: Any photos to post? :wink:

I've lost count of my good nights. The consecutive nights counter is more likely one digit.

How's everyone been doing? I guess having two parallel threads on the same challenge is confusing not only for me :).