Meat eater, vegetarian or vegan?? Which are you?

Options

Replies

• MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Meat Eater!!!
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I eat meat, but I choose fish before anything. I will sometimes eat chicken and very rarely eat red meat or pork.

To me it is just about taste, I will eat chicken if I am at someone's house. But I usually make me a tilapia, when I am making chicken for my family.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQE6qI4q_4m8GFpo9abon9jn9BbgE_V9QQF-fNs5Xiv1Qbv27S8
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Pescetarian. I eat fish/seafood, eggs & dairy.

No beef, pork, or poultry though.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian!

2m34mqh.jpg
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian for probably going on 10 years now, I've stopped counting. It was the easiest switch ever, I never liked meat or fish. I think I have a mental block on eating dead things. I just find it totally disgusting and can't enjoy it at all. I have also completely gone off eggs, they are pretty gross too. Although I don't care so much if they are in something and I can't taste them, like cake. And omelette's are tolerable, as long as it's cooked through and no part of it is runny. I eat everything else though.

Don't care what other people do as long as they leave me be as well.
  • theplumgirl
    Options
    Been through it all...now I eat intuitively...
  • _Moose51_
    _Moose51_ Posts: 86
    Options
    Meateater
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian. :) One of my biggest pet peeves is people not understanding exactly what a vegetarian is/or pescatarians claiming to be veggie (the amount of times I've had to explain I don't eat fish or marshmallows/haribo/etc...)

Oh my God, yes, this annoys me so much too! I used to date a vegetarian back in the day, who claimed they didn't eat meat or fish because they didn't like the flavour. Yet he would eat meat flavoured foods, items flavoured with meat, and had a diet that practically counted Haribo as a food group... and he had the most Holier-Than-Thou attitude about it too.

Incidentally, I am omnivorous. I don't eat much red meat, and I'm extremely fussy about the quality of my meat/fish in general, so I eat a lot of vegetarian food as well. Giving up dairy would be unthinkable to me, but if it works for others, fill yer boots.
  • EllenD0485
    EllenD0485 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Pescatarian here.

I would love to cut out fish from my diet and be a vegetarian but have not found a healthy way to do so yet :ohwell:
  • melissarae27
    Options
    Was vegetarian for 5 years, recently went back to eating meat a few times a week and feel better for it. I was doing everything the "right way" but I still felt like crap eating vegetarian after a few years. I've switched out the grains and beans for lean protein to get my calories up and it's working much better.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Pescatarian here.

I would love to cut out fish from my diet and be a vegetarian but have not found a healthy way to do so yet :ohwell:

What would be unhealthy about removing fish from your diet? If it's a question of nutrients, I'd be happy to help!
  • LauraMHartwell
    LauraMHartwell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Vegan
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Vegan
  • leaaa92
    leaaa92 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    mostly vegan (I fall short and eat eggs/dairy sometimes, rarely though)
  • katrat13
    katrat13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Vegan at the moment! I have been a vegetarian for 5 years now and off again on again vegan during that time.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly pescetarian. No beef, pork, or chicken.

Every 3-4 months I'll randomly crave a beef taco from my favorite Mexican restaurant and eat one. I have no qualms about it or anything.

I do eat fish/seafood, dairy, eggs, cheese, etc.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly pescetarian. No beef, pork, or chicken.

Every 3-4 months I'll randomly crave a beef taco from my favorite Mexican restaurant and eat one. I have no qualms about it or anything.

I do eat fish/seafood, dairy, eggs, cheese, etc.

I'm, more or less, the same. I eat a fair bit of fish, some chicken, occasional beef and never pork (did you know that pork has a fat in it that is indigestible for humans?). I get most of my protein needs from legumes, eggs and raw milk cheese and fish.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,019 Member
    Options
    Some people eat glass and nails too.
  • vegansian
    Options
    Vegan :D