Meat eater, vegetarian or vegan?? Which are you?

Options
I love meat!!!! LOVE IT! Its delicious!!!!!

Ive heard different things.. meat is good for you.. meat is bad for you...

thoughts?

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I am a meat eater. I believe meat is VERY healthy....but it depends where your meat comes from. If you go out into a forest and shoot a deer/elk/moose...and get that meat cut up, then its very healthy and lean.

while if its the processed **** where farmers feed the animals growth hormones (chicken) and unnatural meals to cows...well...thats unhealthy.

Meat it healthy depending on where it comes from and the animals history of food and treatment.

Too much meat is not good - moderation in everything.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Though I love vegetables, I am definitely a meat eater. There are times I crave nothing more than a nice rare steak.

I think meat has it's place in one's food intake, but like all things, in moderation and preferably lean.

This does not mean that I think there is anything wrong with choosing to be vegetarian or vegan. It's just not something I wish to do.
  • vintagebrighton
    Options
    Vegetarian........ but I loooove meat! It's just ethical with me. Partner's a meat eater and son's a vegan which makes for very interesting mealtimes :laugh:
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Lol. This is going to become a very dramatic board very soon...

I'm a pescatarian. I eat fish, but otherwise vegetarian. And I only eat fish like 1-2x a week.

I am not a doctor. But I feel better eating this way. It forces me to avoid certain unhealthy foods (I'm looking at you, Wendy's..) and it makes me eat a lot more fresh produce.

And I don't care if people eat meat, as long as they don't care that I don't.
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i'm a vegetarian, but it's not for a health reason, or even because i didn't like it, i just don't want to eat meat.

i don't need it, i get plenty of everything without it
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I am an omnivore - just as God intended. :)
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Glasgow_Vegan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating red meat when I was 7. I gave up poultry and fish at 14. Then I became a strict vegan at 19. I've never been over the healthy BMI range and I think it's mostly due to giving up meat.
  • Kiswinning
    Kiswinning Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am a meat eater. I believe meat is VERY healthy....but it depends where your meat comes from. If you go out into a forest and shoot a deer/elk/moose...and get that meat cut up, then its very healthy and lean.

while if its the processed **** where farmers feed the animals growth hormones (chicken) and unnatural meals to cows...well...thats unhealthy.

Meat it healthy depending on where it comes from and the animals history of food and treatment.

Too much meat is not good - moderation in everything.

I agree with this, grass fed and organic as much as I can
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    pescatarian
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Lacto-ovo-vegetarian for 13 years.
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    Man eater ;)
  • Eisskween
    Eisskween Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm a confused omnivore. Sometimes I eat meat, others I don't. Although I have been experimenting with the vegetarian/vegan lifestyle. Some of the foods would take some getting used to. I found that tempeh is made from fermented soybeans and tastes similar to a strong cheese. Not bad, but definitely something I would have to condition myself into. LOL
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Another pescatarian and I eat fish virtually every day. Don't eat meat or poultry because I don't like it.
  • lomo2012
    lomo2012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a meat eater and not just any--but beef mostly. I crave it a lot. Always have. They say it is cuz of my blood type--I am type O. I could eat meat all day. I like fish too. I scare my husband when I open a can of tuna for breakfast and add a little lemon juice and call it breakfast. MMMMMhhhh. Delicious and it lasts me for a few hours. Meat satisfies me and I dont seem to want for much else.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I eat meat. I find a lot of people seem to think I'm vegetarian though, because they see me eating a salad for lunch, with quinoa and lentils and nuts. It's funny how some people assume that if you're eating a meat-less meal then you must be vegetarian.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I believe that eating natural fed animals isnt going to harm you. I believe it is ideodic to slaughter animals and not use the meat (they US do this with animals such as horses and dogs). I believe it is a little barbaric and gross to eat flesh.
    That being said i do eat meat, mostly fish and chicken when I do. Vegetable beef stew is fantastic. Many weeks i do not buy meat. It is kind of spendy. I am the type that walks around the grocery store looking for deals and then decide what to cook.
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Fish/Meat eater. Don't do a lot of red meat but sometimes we splurge for steak or hamburgers.
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian headed toward lax vegan. I say lax because to be a true vegan you have to be hyper-vigilant and I'm not willing to commit to that. I just try to reduce my impact and accept that as good enough.

I dunno that I would advocate it for health reasons - I have to use supplements to get as much protein as I'd like. I don't much care for meat, but giving up dairy has been hard for me.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I eat meat. I find a lot of people seem to think I'm vegetarian though, because they see me eating a salad for lunch, with quinoa and lentils and nuts. It's funny how some people assume that if you're eating a meat-less meal then you must be vegetarian.

Agreed! I take my lunch 6 hours or so into my 12 hour shift. I think that is a long time for meat to go without refridgeration so I dont normally pack it either!
  • CrazyIrishLatina
    Options
    I love meat!!!! LOVE IT! Its delicious!!!!!

Ive heard different things.. meat is good for you.. meat is bad for you...

thoughts?

I'm NO Doctor or Nutrionist...LOL Obviously b/c I'm on here trying to lose 100 pds, but heard great things about the blood type diet and certain ppl like type Os reap from meat and As reap from veggie diet...here one link I like...Hope it helps.....http://www.drlam.com/blood_type_diet/:flowerforyou: