Meat eater, vegetarian or vegan?? Which are you?

Options

Replies

• JessiGoodwin
    Options
    I'm really new to myfitnesspal and am enjoying the support thus far.... :)

I've been vegan for about 10 years and can't imagine eating any other way. I don't really care what other people choose to eat (to each his own), although personally I don't believe our bodies handle meat digestion well and I find the concept of eating meat to be ethically yucky (not just the moral issues, but the environmental impact that meat production has is really disturbing).

This summer I decided to only eat raw foods and I'm LOVING it so far. Fresh fruits and vegetables, raw nuts and seeds. I have a ton of energy and feel great. I'm not planning to be 100% raw forever, but hope to permanently tip my diet towards fresh raw food whenever possible.

Regardless of your staple food choices I hope we can all agree that packaged processed foods = bad
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I love meat!!!! LOVE IT! Its delicious!!!!!

Ive heard different things.. meat is good for you.. meat is bad for you...

thoughts?

I grilled a one pound ribeye for lunch yesterday. When I saw it was 13.5 ounces after the grill, I did this: T_T

I'm a terrible vegan.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I eat everything...

If I see food.. i'm all like.. "get in my belly"

Sometimes the food is like.. noooo.. but i'm meat.. meat is bad right?? or i'm a veggie.. you don't like me right?? Or i'm dairy.. dairy is bad right??? But I eat it's protesting *kitten* anyway..

and I enjoy it..

p.s.. meat is yummy.. and I want one of the steaks the guy above me cooked...
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    meat all the way!
  • Jadeax
    Jadeax Posts: 1
    Options
    Meat eater but I like my veg's too but new to this so I don't know how much to eat for both lol
  • NotBonJovi
    NotBonJovi Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian. More out of habit as I grew up in a no-meat household.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I'm a man eater.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    MEATIES!

Love me a cheeseburger...
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    If it had a face, give me a taste.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    I eat everything, so a meatavegetariancakepizzabaconist.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • vkc1978
    vkc1978 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Im an omnivore, i LOVE good meat. But my BFF is a vegetarian, so there are many days when i 'accidently' find myself meatless for the day, or even a couple of days, and i still get lots of protein from veggie burgers, protein bars, eggs, etc. I have attempted to go full vegetarian once, but i caved the first time my son brought home Chicken Express. Thats good stuff yo.
  • Saxa11
    Saxa11 Posts: 3
    Options
    Was Raw-Vegan for a while due to health reasons. Now i'm vegetarian that still eat eggs and fish on occasion, but absolutely no Dairy or meat.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Veg. This is why

"if everybody in the UK changed their current eating habits to a vegetarian or vegan diet, greenhouse gas emissions savings would be equivalent to a 50 per cent reduction in exhaust pipe emissions from the country's entire passenger car fleet."

http://www.scienceomega.com/article/188/vegetarian-diet-could-considerably-reduce-carbon-footprint
    http://shrinkthatfootprint.com/food-carbon-footprint-diet
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    omniviore :bigsmile:
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I like my meat
  • ForTheAnimals
    ForTheAnimals Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am vegan - first for ethical reasons - I won't participate in any form of animal cruelty. I believe they are all sentient beings - especially the babies. The health benefits are secondary to me but they are enormously important. Thirdly, my concern for our planet motivates me if the other two motivations fail me (which they never do). The proof is in the pudding. I've lost weight and my blood work is perfect.
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Carnivore for the win :)
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian, trying to eat as less animal products as possible. Why? Feels better and makes the world better.
  • SEDSK
    SEDSK Posts: 1
    Options
    veggies and I have a love hate relationship, but I'm learning to like them and keep it basic or hide the ones I'm not too fond of in my meals. I treat meat like more of a condiment now. I eat lots of tuna, fish, egg whites, almond milk, nuts, fruit, and basic veggies like spinach, carrots, romaine, mushrooms, asparagus, onion, zucchini, squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, cabbage, sweet potatoes. and of course I take a multivitamin, fiber gummies, and vitamin C, daily. I try to drink 3-4 liters of water, sometimes 5 in this AZ heat daily and that pretty much keeps me from being hungry or getting the munchies.
  • Elliesque
    Elliesque Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Meat eater who sometimes go vegetarian...lol. There are just some weeks or months that I can't stand the thought of meat -- and I'll go on a veggie kick with some fish here and there. But most of the time I'm a meat eater.