Meat eater, vegetarian or vegan?? Which are you?

Options

Replies

• Conniea121
    Conniea121 Posts: 9
    Options
    I am a meat eater!!! I love the protein.
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Not sure why there is a separation between people who eat meat, people who won't eat meat but will eat eggs and people who don't eat anything but plants and processed foodstuff that does its best to look like meat.
  • VeganCoco
    VeganCoco Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Not sure why there is a separation between people who eat meat, people who won't eat meat but will eat eggs and people who don't eat anything but plants and processed foodstuff that does its best to look like meat.

Well one is an omnivore, one is a vegetarian and one is a vegan.
    I don't get your point.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    All three. Depends on the day and what I feel like.
  • mingecrackers
    mingecrackers Posts: 152
    Options
    Vegetarian
  • kitsa77
    kitsa77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'll eat anything that people haven't cooked up in a lab :)

We buy our meats local and free range. We have some great farms around here. We usually buy a 1/4 cow and it lasts us a loooong time. We mostly eat chicken, turkey etc.

I try to avoid GM foods, and buy organic. We have a garden, as do my very Italian in-laws. We usually pool together and can veggies en masse for the colder months. Everything just tastes better.

I have personal preferences against eating anything out of a box, anything with soy in it, and I avoid most wheat products.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    40% omnivore, 20% pescatarian, 20% ovo lacto and 20% vegan.:smile:
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Pescatarian (meaning I eat seafood occasionally, but otherwise am vegetarian) since 2008. Wouldn't change a thing and don't worry, I get plenty of protein. It's naive to think meat is the only source to get your fair share of it :)
  • annadolezalova
    annadolezalova Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't eat meat because it's unnatural for me.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Im a member of PETA....people eating tasty animals.
  • theMIDDLE
    theMIDDLE Posts: 64
    Options
    vegetarian, but not touching this one... people tend to get pretty defensive about their "team".
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I'm an omnivore.
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I love to eat it all..LOL
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Carnivore!!
  • John2347
    John2347 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    MEAT MEAT and MORE MEAT!!!
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of red meat for the most part. Just a taste thing on my part. And meat itself isn't healthy. What is unhealthy is eating an excess amount of processed meats as processed meats tend to be loaded with sodium-- about four times more sodium in processed meats than not. http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/121/21/2271.long
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    fat-*kitten*-get-in-my-belly-o.gif
    MEEEEEEEEEEEAT
  • Monny287
    Monny287 Posts: 109
    Options
    I'm a meat-eater. I tried to be vegan once in my teens; I was told it would help clear up my acne. I couldn't hack it. And it didn't clear up my acne!
  • mrshoneydew
    mrshoneydew Posts: 253
    Options
    I don't eat meat because it hurts my insides, and I didn't realise how uncomfortable I was until I experimented with being a vegetarian 11 years ago and suddenly stopped feeling like crap. Maybe it's not for everyone, and I totally accept that, but it works great for me. I was an unhealthy meat eating teenager and live now as a healthy vegetarian adult.
  • tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Meat.

I mostly eat organic hormone-free poultry now.

I've reduced red meats to twice a month.