Meat eater, vegetarian or vegan?? Which are you?

Options

Replies

• HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I saw this on a shirt at the Minnesota State fair today. It says it all. " I did not climb to the top of the food chain just to become a vegetarian."

LOVE IT! :drinker:

Card Carrying Carnivore here!!

See that snake I'm holding in my profile pic?

I ATE him! :laugh: j/k

Actually, I have eaten rattlesnake, while in Arizona on a business trip. Not bad.

Okay.

The rattlesnake you know = not okay to eat.

The rattlesnake you don't know = rattle-snack.

I get it now.

Well, to take this thread totally off-topic.. That beautiful snake I'm holding is an anaconda. The poor thing had its growth stunted by not being fed enough. It'll never get any bigger. Kinda sad.

I really was just joking around.
  • Need2bfit918
    Need2bfit918 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'd consider myself a pesco-wanabe-vegan :laugh: I don't eat meat apart from fish, but I avoid dairy products as much as possible because I've done extensive research and 100% believe that its not natural to drink the mammary secretions of other animals...no other species drinks the milk of another species. Milk is meant for babies, BREAST milk that is...cow milk is meant for baby cows. Everything that dairy offers is also available from a plant-based diet!
    i have seen a lot of other animals drink cows milk and they love it.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I'd consider myself a pesco-wanabe-vegan :laugh: I don't eat meat apart from fish, but I avoid dairy products as much as possible because I've done extensive research and 100% believe that its not natural to drink the mammary secretions of other animals...no other species drinks the milk of another species. Milk is meant for babies, BREAST milk that is...cow milk is meant for baby cows. Everything that dairy offers is also available from a plant-based diet!

Drink away then. Also, if you're referring to cats, they are lactose intolerant and should not be given milk.
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options

I saw a lady that likes to eat couch stuffing. Does that mean you should? lol
  • Need2bfit918
    Options

how many animals won't consume milk products if given the opportunity?
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I dont discriminate (fruit, meat, veggies, fish, chicken, eggs, milk, etc) however I REFUSE to eat organs (heart, lungs, liver, you get the gross pic).
  • Toofhairy
    Toofhairy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to eat a vegan plant-based diet, but still indulge in a tiny bit of meat and dairy from time to time.
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options

10,000. F.uck how should I know. That's a stupid question.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Watch the video "Knives over Forks" and see if you still want to be a meat eater. My husband loves to hunt and fish, so I always have a freezer full of some sort of game. During the week, I don't eat meat at all - or hardly any. On weekends, we usually grill fish or game. I love fish, but could really live without red meat. However, I don't think a little bit hurts you.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options

Seen animals with my own eyes try to go for milk when another animal is producing it once they seem to noticed its milk. The only difference is that we have learned how to harvest the milk, other animals haven't.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I dont discriminate (fruit, meat, veggies, fish, chicken, eggs, milk, etc) however I REFUSE to eat organs (heart, lungs, liver, you get the gross pic).

I don't really understand what makes one muscle tissue delicious and one muscle tissue disgusting simply because of what function it serves. At least in America, there is so much waste when it comes to eating meat - a whole cow is slaughtered, but the majority of his or her body parts are disposed of because they're just yucky organ meats. It all comes from the same animal.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I saw this on a shirt at the Minnesota State fair today. It says it all. " I did not climb to the top of the food chain just to become a vegetarian."

LOVE IT! :drinker:

Card Carrying Carnivore here!!

See that snake I'm holding in my profile pic?

I ATE him! :laugh: j/k

Actually, I have eaten rattlesnake, while in Arizona on a business trip. Not bad.

Okay.

The rattlesnake you know = not okay to eat.

The rattlesnake you don't know = rattle-snack.

I get it now.

Well, to take this thread totally off-topic.. That beautiful snake I'm holding is an anaconda. The poor thing had its growth stunted by not being fed enough. It'll never get any bigger. Kinda sad.

I really was just joking around.

Me too. I consider my response to you one of those late-night Chardonnay moments!

And, that is a lovely snake you have there. I'm more a fur-mama type, but it's great that you are caring so well for your once under-fed pet. I hate when people take on a pet without caring for it properly.
  • Need2bfit918
    Options

you really need to calm down. im not the one that brought up what other animals will eat as a basis for our diet. your taking this very personal.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I am an omnivore - just as God intended. :)

Adam and Eve were vegetarian. If you read the book of Genesis, mankind were not allowed to eat meat until after the flood. Just saying:wink:

We saw what that apple. Kicked mankind out of the Garden of Eve. Now only if she went for the snake to eat instead of the apple.
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options

you really need to calm down. im not the one that brought up what other animals will eat as a basis for our diet. your taking this very personal.

Well seriously, just because you can eat something doesn't mean you should. Personally, I am lactose intolerant and have an allergy to dairy that causes me to get lots of post nasal drip and sinus infections. I can drink milk yes. Would it be wise given that it has negative effects on my body? No.
  • trgodin
    trgodin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian family of 5 here.
  • eclectikchic
    eclectikchic Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    meat eater here...but I have been looking at vegetarian cookbooks.
  • LisaDunn01
    LisaDunn01 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The body needs protein to heal and repair... Some people need more, some less. I just try to listen to my body. For me, what works is 70% raw (fruits, veggies, nuts) and 30% protein and fats (grass fed, organic, etc.) I try to eat my meat raw (or as close to raw as possible - raw egg in my green smoothie in the morning, sashimi, etc.).
  • ebonyintx
    Options
    Vegetarian (lacto-ovo).
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Meat eater.

That being said I try to eat a VERY wide variety of great produce, mostly vegtables and some low glycemic fruit, with some higher sugar ones on occasion. I do not eat grains except for rice very occasionally.

Whenever possible I try to buy local meat from farmers/ranchers that ensure that animals live a natural life, grazing on grass and aren't fed grains (which is part of the animal cruelty in feed lots IMO. Grains kill cattle, no way around it) and are left to do what cows would do normally. Same for pigs, sheep, chickens, etc. I also love just about all types of fish.