Meat eater, vegetarian or vegan?? Which are you?

Options

Replies

• danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I LOVE meat. Couldn't live without it. LOL :happy:
  • flyspyro
    Options
    i have notice that about vegetarians and vegans they think their better then the meat eaters. Heres my thoughts if you don't wanna eat meat who cares, If you wanna eat meat who cares. Do I feel sad when I eat animals? No. Does it bother me to see animals get killed for food? No. It does bother me to see animals die from sport. When a lion kills a another animal for food it isn't pretty and the animal is still alive when it's eaten. We are also animals. If we were not suppose to eat animals then why does it taste so good? why don't I get sick when I eat meat? My great grandma lived to 93 and she ate meat daily healthy or not she was fine and lived a ripe old age. My point people can have their own choice on what they eat. Doesn't make someone better or not. People look for any reason to up one on someone else.
  • fitatfiftyfive
    Options
    Meat eater who LOVES vegetables.
    :heart:
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    i have notice that about vegetarians and vegans they think their better then the meat eaters. Heres my thoughts if you don't wanna eat meat who cares, If you wanna eat meat who cares. Do I feel sad when I eat animals? No. Does it bother me to see animals get killed for food? No. It does bother me to see animals die from sport. When a lion kills a another animal for food it isn't pretty and the animal is still alive when it's eaten. We are also animals. If we were not suppose to eat animals then why does it taste so good? why don't I get sick when I eat meat? My great grandma lived to 93 and she ate meat daily healthy or not she was fine and lived a ripe old age. My point people can have their own choice on what they eat. Doesn't make someone better or not. People look for any reason to up one on someone else.

With all due respect, this is kind of a troll post. The OP didn't ask for opinions on either side, they just asked what dietary choices we make. People ask why vegetarians and vegans can get defensive, but it's because people find these types of posts to be acceptable.

You and I are very different if the death of other sentient beings doesn't at least make you uncomfortable or sad. No one here said anyone was better than anyone else, just what works for them and why.
  • BrazenHarpy
    BrazenHarpy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I WISH I had the willpower to be a vegetarian :(. Unfortunately, I love steak, and my husband happens to prepare it really really well. When I prep meals for myself I tend to go ovo-lacto vegetarian.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I LOVE meat! x
  • Firno
    Firno Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Lacto-Ovo vegetarian. I would eat meat if I had to but I get my proteins and vitamins else where so why eat meat if I do not have to. :smile:
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I love the fat free Dreyer's Vanilla Yogurt Blends. Yummy
  • AShawneeF
    AShawneeF Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    there's no way i could live without meat. i don't eat a lot of it usually, maybe a serving or two max a day, but i wouldn't be able to get any protein. and there's just something so YUMMY about it all. all meat is good when prepared properly.
  • Waszo
    Waszo Posts: 41
    Options
    I saw this on a shirt at the Minnesota State fair today. It says it all. " I did not climb to the top of the food chain just to become a vegetarian."
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian, slowly transitioning to vegan.
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Vegan for almost 2 years now! I haven't had any ailments miraculously cured, I don't have tons more energy, I feel pretty much the same, but the one change that I have noticed is I feel it helps me maintain a healthier weight to eat this way, although that isn't why I do it.
  • Dohrnl
    Dohrnl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    If I could recommend anything to anyone it would be to read Eat to Live by Dr, Fuhrman. It was an eye opening read to what I am putting in my body, how I can reverse things, etc. If you aren't a big reader try watching the documentary Forks Over Knives.

I've been eating a strictly plant based diet since reading/watching and the weight is literally slipping off! I don't have cravings like I used to, my skin is so much better, and I feel overall healthier.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I eat all kinds of foods, but I rarely eat red meat. I usually only eat lean meat like birds or fish and I don't eat meat every day. I'm not one of those people who has to have meat on my plate at every meal. To me, that's just greedy and it's not even healthy. It takes a lot of resources to produce meat, and there's a lot of filthy, poorly processed meat on the market. There's nothing wrong with eating meat, but in my opinion, people need to cut way back on the amount they eat.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I saw this on a shirt at the Minnesota State fair today. It says it all. " I did not climb to the top of the food chain just to become a vegetarian."

So where does purchasing ground-up meat in a little styrofoam package to tenderize and cook fit into that "top of the food chain" image again?
  • PJDolan
    PJDolan Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian, but think eating meat is perfectly healthy as long as you're also eating plenty of fruits, vegetables, and nuts.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    A meat eater who loves bell peppers and apples.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    These threads never go well. Who cares...:angry:
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    I guess you could say I'm a meat eater, but I tend not to like or be overly fond of the taste of most meats.
    I love chicken, but that's about the only one I can say I can't live without.

Other than that, I could easily live a vegetarian life. I don't see how eating meat, as long as it comes from a good source, is unhealthy.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options

With all due respect, this is kind of a troll post. The OP didn't ask for opinions on either side, they just asked what dietary choices we make. People ask why vegetarians and vegans can get defensive, but it's because people find these types of posts to be acceptable.

You and I are very different if the death of other sentient beings doesn't at least make you uncomfortable or sad. No one here said anyone was better than anyone else, just what works for them and why.

Very well stated, DaffodilSoup. Reading the post you responded to was getting me riled up.

To people who eat meat: When people say they are vegan for ethical reasons, this is a fact and not the throwing down of the gauntlet or an implication they think they are 'better than you.' There is no reason to feel criticized because other people's lifestyle choices are different than yours and they are motivated by the desire to reduce animal suffering through their consumer choices. If that bothers you, look within yourself for the reasons why.