Meat eater, vegetarian or vegan?? Which are you?

Options

Replies

• AAVaughan
    Options
    Meat eater :tongue:
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Meat! Meat has iron, it has nutrients. I need that iron very badly. So I am a MEAT EATER.

Top non-meat sources of iron:

Spirulina (1 tsp): 5 mg
    Cooked soybeans (1/2 cup): 4.4 mg
    Pumpkin seeds (1 ounce): 4.2 mg
    Quinoa (4 ounces): 4 mg
    Blackstrap molasses (1 tbsp): 4 mg
    Tomato paste (4 ounces): 3.9 mg
    White beans (1/2 cup) 3.9 mg
    Cooked spinach (1/2 cup): 3.2 mg
    Dried peaches (6 halves): 3.1 mg
    Prune juice (8 ounces): 3 mg
    Lentils (4 ounces): 3 mg

:)
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I am an omnivore - just as God intended. :)

Me too. I eat almost anything.
  • psychopiglet
    psychopiglet Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for over 20 years now. I haven't eaten meat since I found out it was dead animals. Not because "Oh noes! Poor aminals!!!111" or any of that ****, it just grossed me out that meat was a dead animal. I've never even had the desire to eat it since then.

I don't care what other people eat. When I was a little kid I was a bit of a **** and would try to put other people off meat, but I grew out of that by the time I was 7 or 8.

Meat isn't bad for a person in moderation, just like anything else. Obviously, too much meat isn't going to be good for you and everyone knows eating red meat every day will probably give them cancer, but most people don't eat ****loads of red meat and those who do... Well it's none of my business anyway and doesn't affect me or my life in any way so why should I care?
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I eat meat, I prefer chicken and ground beef but would eat lean pork every now and then. I don't have to have meat every day, tonight I'll make tofu.
    I really like fish *yum*

Vegetarian dishes can be really good, and often when I eat out I will get those instead of the meat-dish.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    We have the luxury to eat what we want. We are spoilt for choice. When you are starving it won't matter what you eat as long as you have a full belly.
  • mjswalters
    mjswalters Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian. Well, pescatarian technically as I eat fish on ocassion. I love the taste of meat and my husband and kids eat it, but I ethically couldn't continue. I buy them organic/free range/ethical when I can and slip in lots of veg meals without them being too aware of it. :)
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I am a vegan, but thats just because I really dont like the taste of it. It's really heavy on my stomach, dairy as well. I have seen a noticeable drop in my weight though...as well as my endurance when I exercise, I have a ton more energy since I stopped eating it!
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    LOVE meat but can't think about it! I see these cute animals and it makes me sad, but yes I still eat them! I think meat is good for my body! More power to the vegans out there,I just can't do it!
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Not being disrespectful, but I've honestly never understood vegans/vegetarians. If eating meat was so bad, the human race would have become extinct long before they'd invented the internet. LOL I also do not understand why they would choose not to eat meat but then choose to ingest all sorts of chemically altered, processed, food-like additives that they must add to many foods to recreate either textures/flavors that can be derived naturally with the use of animal products. Ah well, to each his/her own. Just leaves more steak for me to enjoy.

Huh? I think more omnivores eat chemically altered & processed food than most vegans/vegetarians. I don't look down on those who choose to eat highly processed foods, omnivores or not, but it isn't a choice for me. Eating vegan/vegetarian actually cuts out a lot of processed food choices.
  • spodnik13
    spodnik13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started a vegan diet about 3 weeks ago and going strong! I wasn't even a vegetarian before, I just have some vegan friends and decided since I didn't eat much cheese or meat to begin with I could do it. I've noticed I feel like I have a lot more energy and have lost a couple pounds just from the diet adjustment. Also, I don't snack as much on junk food because I'm limited on the junk food I can eat lol. I think it takes 21 days for something to become habit and routine so I'm getting there :)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    This question always makes me think of the movie "The Cowboy Way" with Woody Harrelson and Kiefer Sutherland. When the waiter asked "How do you want your Steak?" and Woody answered "Knock off its horns, wipe its a#@, and throw it on the plate" yep that is me, Meat Eater all the way... nothing against vegetarian or vegans... just not my style..... Best of Luck
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Not being disrespectful, but I've honestly never understood vegans/vegetarians. If eating meat was so bad, the human race would have become extinct long before they'd invented the internet. LOL I also do not understand why they would choose not to eat meat but then choose to ingest all sorts of chemically altered, processed, food-like additives that they must add to many foods to recreate either textures/flavors that can be derived naturally with the use of animal products. Ah well, to each his/her own. Just leaves more steak for me to enjoy.

I am a vegan...and I completely agree with your statement about chemically altered processed foods....I dont understand why some vegans mimic meat dishes with tofu and what not. I thought the point was not to eat any animal product? so why want it to taste like an animal? I tend to go raw veggies mostly for this reason.
  • peanutbutterrunner
    Options
    I've been a pescetarian for a month or so. At first I tried being a regular vegetarian but I like fish too much, haha.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    The 'everything in moderation' bunch really crack me up. Would you eat your friend's arm in moderation, your dog's stomach, a cat's leg? Meat is meat. Why discriminate? If it's tasty, we are meant to eat it! js.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    This question always makes me think of the movie "The Cowboy Way" with Woody Harrelson and Kiefer Sutherland. When the waiter asked "How do you want your Steak?" and Woody answered "Knock off its horns, wipe its a#@, and throw it on the plate" yep that is me, Meat Eater all the way... nothing against vegetarian or vegans... just not my style..... Best of Luck

That's funny, cause Woody Harrelson is a vegan now and healthier than ever :)
  • raven3lise
    raven3lise Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Total meat eater. I'm trying to kick red meat, though.
  • JellyButter
    JellyButter Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian.
    No meat for me. I just never really liked it much.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I enjoy meat but only small amounts of it
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Meat eater and proud. Although, I don't eat processed meat. I like free range and organic.