you wont miss Mcdonalds after you read this.

Options
You have been served…………with mechanically separated chicken! Over a billion sold!
This is what fast-food chicken nuggets, processed frozen chicken meat, and patties are made of. BARF!!!!!
Here’s the creation process. What they do is take parts of a chicken and put it through this machine that mechanically separate the meat from the bone. Unfortunately, that doesn’t happen. What it does instead is smash EVERYTHING including the bones, eyes and guts making it come out looking like the picture above.
Since this meat is infested with bacteria, it will be soaked in ammonia in order to kill those little critters. But who wants ammonia nuggets? Not I and I’m sure you don’t want any either. So in order to mask the ammonia taste, they season it with a **** load of artificial flavors. [Yup, that will do it]
Right about now, I know what you’re gonna ask. “Hey Bruce? How do they get rid of the freakish pink color?”
Dude? That’s what dye is for. So in order to get people to devour this crap, they dye it with artificial colors in order to give it that white texture.

Here’s the deal with mechanically separated meat. [I’m going to call it MSM for short because I don’t have that much time on my hands.] MSM is a paste like substance that is created by forcing part of an animal carcass into the sleeve of a machine called “Meat Deboner”.
HA! Meat De-BONER!
Ok, where was I? Oh yeah! I was talking about boners the meat deboner machine. So they cram the animal parts into this machine, which grinds up the animal carcasses into a big glob of reddish mush!

Replies

• trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    In my best Homer Simpson voice:

"Mmmmmm... animal carcasses"..

On a serious note, McD's has been on our ban list for years... can't eat there without getting sick, so why bother?

I assume this is the same process used by any 'nuggets' or patties that look like uniform pieces.. i.e. those frozen chicken patties you can buy in a bag that are like 40% fat?
  • Powergirl123
    Options
    In my best Homer Simpson voice:

"Mmmmmm... animal carcasses"..

On a serious note, McD's has been on our ban list for years... can't eat there without getting sick, so why bother?

I assume this is the same process used by any 'nuggets' or patties that look like uniform pieces.. i.e. those frozen chicken patties you can buy in a bag that are like 40% fat?

they are 40% fat eww!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Source?
  • Wvictory53
    Wvictory53 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information because I recently tried one of Mickie D's spicy mcChicken sandwiches and my throat ears seemed to be on fire!

taking into account on how there chicken is obtained I think that will sandwich will be my last
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Nice article, Bruce.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Watch supersize me a Mcdonalds experiment... will shock you to the core! x
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options

Right about now, I know what you’re gonna ask. “Hey Bruce? How do they get rid of the freakish pink color?”

Nope. My question: hey Bruce? Why is your MFP name Powergirl123?
  • Puterbear
    Options
    Can anyone say? "Soylent Green"
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    EEEW... Yea, i was driving by and looked at the McDonald's sign and smiled to myself because i had my home made lunch in the passenger seat. lol If i hve to go there some day i guess i'll have a salad or something.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    OH-BOY-ITS-THIS-THREAD-AGAIN.jpg

It must be at least 1 week since this was last raised. :yawn:
  • corgihugger
    Options
    Source?

Exactly... I'm not buying this. We have food sanitation laws for a reason.
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Gross. I NEVER eat McDonalds. I didn't even like it as a kid - when we at there I would drench my nuggets in honey just to make them edible. I refuse to eat any chicken that has been disassembled and reassembled into cookie cutter shapes. YUCK.
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options
    :sick:
  • jeanzbeanz
    Options
    ...but wait... there's more

then they take the lovely chicken, dip it in batter and throw it in a deep fryer, replacing all the water with artery-clogging oil

Source: the nutritionist who schooled my husband after he had a heart attack at age 40
  • banshishi
    banshishi Posts: 197
    Options
    I used to work in the meat packing industry, nearly all processed meat products are the left overs squished in to uniform shape and served up with additives, dyes and flavourings...I dont eat much in the way of processed meats now occasionally a subway salad, and no doubt their meat is squished reformed muck too. Even a lot of cuts of meat you buy has been injected with salt and preservative and water etc...So this doesnt surprise me in the slightest.
  • cajunrebel
    Options
    Burger King food makes me ill
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Nice article, Bruce.

My question also is: Are you Bruce? Or are you the 20 year old female from Phoenix who cannot spell? As far as McDonald's goes, or pretty much any fast food, we all know it should be avoided, but there are some who will eat it regardless.
  • Tambookie
    Tambookie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    McDonald's started using all white meat chicken for their McNuggets in 2003.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I could go for a cheeseburger right about now.