you wont miss Mcdonalds after you read this.

Options

Replies

• Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Yeah, yeah. just check out what the fda allows in your food. rat feces, maggots, yadda yadda yadda. you'd never eat again.
  • smaschin
    smaschin Posts: 91
    Options
    Tastes great though, but i prefer Burger King.
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Watch supersize me a Mcdonalds experiment... will shock you to the core! x

fat head is better lol
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options

Right about now, I know what you’re gonna ask. “Hey Bruce? How do they get rid of the freakish pink color?”

Nope. My question: hey Bruce? Why is your MFP name Powergirl123?

Hey!!! That was MY question! Also, how in the hell are you just figuring out in August of 2012 that fast food restaraunts use less than savory methods of preparing their food?! Is this a Geico commercial? Do you live under a rock?
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    1. That is not an accurate description of the MSM process
    2. McDonald's hasn't used MSM chicken in its nuggets since 2003
    3. McDonald's and a number of fast food chains announced this past February that they would stop using pinking slime in their burgers

But nice try!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I hate to tell you this but that process has been around for many, many years. You may have eaten the nugget predecessor a hot dog, bologna, salami, head cheese. All have a blend of what ever is left and squished together and encased cooked and served.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    3. McDonald's and a number of fast food chains announced this past February that they would stop using pinking slime in their burgers

But nice try!

Winner, winner pink slime chicken dinner!!

C'mon people. USE GOOGLE or SOMETHING!
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    McDonald's started using all white meat chicken for their McNuggets in 2003.

I am all for healthy eating but I think McDonald's gets a bad rap and if eaten in moderation, is o.k. I wouldn't make a steady diet of it. Wouldn't make a steady diet of Subway, either.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Nice article, Bruce.

My question also is: Are you Bruce? Or are you the 20 year old female from Phoenix who cannot spell? As far as McDonald's goes, or pretty much any fast food, we all know it should be avoided, but there are some who will eat it regardless.

I was thinking the same thing at first but I think she just copied what the article was saying. I think anyways. :laugh:
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

But nice try!

EXACTLY.

Man 2003. Almost 10 years ago
  • jeanzbeanz
    Options
    Who cares what the process is.

Try these instead:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-chicken-nuggets/
  • MissShancey
    Options

Right about now, I know what you’re gonna ask. “Hey Bruce? How do they get rid of the freakish pink color?”

Nope. My question: hey Bruce? Why is your MFP name Powergirl123?

LMFAO
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    All threads like these do is subliminally remind me that I like McDonalds and wouldn't mind making a run to go get some. Thank you for being another chip in the armor of my resolve.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Who cares what the process is.

Try these instead:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-chicken-nuggets/
    I love baked chicken nuggets!

But I would get McD's when I am in a hurry and wouldn't have time to cook xD i think most are the same
  • mmenuey27
    mmenuey27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Nothing is going to be completely unprocessed like that unless you grow the food that feeds your animals and you butcher them, and only then. You know how things are manufactured, even chicken farms look like a factory anymore, not a farm. If people actually knew what happens to their processed food they might stop eating it, and maybe not. Unless you grow it or raise it yourself you have no clue what's going on.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Hey, if you killed it, use it. All of it.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    All threads like these do is subliminally remind me that I like McDonalds and wouldn't mind making a run to go get some. Thank you for being another chip in the armor of my resolve.

:laugh: That sucks.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options

I'm quoting this again so more people read it. I hate how people post crap on the forums and then a good number people afterwards actually believe it!
  • niceMarly
    niceMarly Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    In Kitchener, Ontario there is a J.M.Schneiders factory.....I know people who have taken "the tour" and have sworn off bologna since....apparently there is EVERYTHING in bologna, including a little bit of fly **** for your added enjoyment! My own brother says that if you went thru that meat processing factory, you'd NEVER eat processed meats again!!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I never liked the look of those nuggets from day one.

I used to like BK nuggets...they were made from chicken strips. But I haven't had them in YEARS. Heard they went the Mickey D's route as far as making theirs now. I prefer the Chick -Fil-A nuggets. And PLEASE don't give me any political replies....that horse has been beaten, dragged around and stomped to death. I have heard ALL the views. :)