The most incredible broccoli you'll ever have

mheath1293
mheath1293 Posts: 35 Member
http://www.amateurgourmet.com/2008/11/the_best_brocco.html

Everyone should try this! I just got done eating some and it's so good.

Replies

• Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Looks and sounds delicious! Can't wait to try it. Thanks for the post. Always looking for different ways to cook veggies :smile:
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    I will definitely try this! Yum, I love broccoli anyway lol
  • I really hate broccoli but I must give this a try. Sounds like it might make it good enough to eat for me :) thanks for the tip!!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    I love broccoli! Will have to try this! Thanks!
  • Sorry I have to ask a silly question, is there anyway to make this on a stove top? I don't have an oven and it looks so good:-s I was thinking of stirfrying it but that wouldn't make it crispy, would it?
  • jlqt2000
    jlqt2000 Posts: 25 Member
    Sorry I have to ask a silly question, is there anyway to make this on a stove top? I don't have an oven and it looks so good:-s I was thinking of stirfrying it but that wouldn't make it crispy, would it?

Unfortunately, cooking it in the oven is what does the trick. It adds the crispy-ness to the broccoli and "shrinks" it in a way. This seriously is the best broccoli recipe ever though!! SOOOO good and worth it!
  • Trapwolf
    Trapwolf Posts: 142 Member
    Yummy!!! I have to try that sometime. I saved it to my blog so I dont lose it :O) Thank you
  • bump!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Ooh thanks for this! Can't wait to try it.
  • KaseyQT
    KaseyQT Posts: 4 Member
    I do this with cauliflower- cut it into small pieces, toss with olive oil and some garlic salt, then roast it in the oven. I do it for an hour, turning it every 20 minutes (twice during cooking). It gets nice and browned and tastes a lot like french fries when it’s done!
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Bump
  • angelicarubi
    angelicarubi Posts: 148 Member
    bump
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    :flowerforyou:
  • betancourta229
    betancourta229 Posts: 171 Member
    Lies all broccoli is evil! :devil:

I may try it to see if it's good though :happy:
  • tisane42
    tisane42 Posts: 46 Member
    Good timing. I have some broccoli that needs cooking right now. Maybe I'll do this with it, then also make the squash that I have the same way and have a giant pile of veggies for dinner. I could do worse!
  • What temperature did you roast it at? 350?
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    What temperature did you roast it at? 350?

I was going to ask the same question.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    MMM. But nothing beats my recipe of tossing steamed broccoli with low fat cheddar, light sour cream and bacon bits. I mean sure, that's 150 calories I'm adding there, but so is the roasting oil.
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    That looks pretty yummy! I've done something similar with cauliflower, and it was great. Even my cauliflower hating husband liked it!