Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Lies...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have to ask a silly question, is there anyway to make this on a stove top? I don't have an oven and it looks so good:-s I was thinking of stirfrying it but that wouldn't make it crispy, would it?

You can do something similar on an outdoor grill, if you have one. I've been roasting broccoli with garlic for years, in the oven and on the grill. Never put parm on it though. Might give that a try.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Lies...

LMFAO
  • 1DayAt_aTime
    Options
    bump
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I happen to have some in my crisper...right now!
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    yeah, i can kinda vouch for this one.

sometimes i just roast and toss with sea salt and dried herbs, skipping the cheese.
  • tisane42
    tisane42 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have to ask a silly question, is there anyway to make this on a stove top? I don't have an oven and it looks so good:-s I was thinking of stirfrying it but that wouldn't make it crispy, would it?

If you're in a place where you can get a toaster oven, I use a convection toaster oven to bake small things all the time. I got mine for $50. If I'm making a veggie patty or enough roasted veggie for just me, a toaster oven is perfect.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    roasting takes the bitter out of most veg.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

ROR

Bump
  • _Elemenopee_
    Options

ROR

Bump

Are you TRYING to get me in trouble?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

ROR

Bump

Let the mongorian flow through you.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I'm been making it like this for a year or two, but you don't need to use that much olive oil. Just put all the broccoli in a big ziploc, add 1-2 tablespoons and shake, shake, shake! It coats it enough. Also I add a little crushed red pepper, gives it a ZING!

Broccoli used to be on the TOP of my "HATE" list but now it is one of my favorites!! Little did I know I just didn't like steamed broccoli! Think of all those years I wasted without broccoli in my life! :laugh:
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Lies...

Alternative suggestions?
  • _Elemenopee_
    Options

ROR

Bump

Let the mongorian flow through you.

My inner Mongorian is on sabbaticar
  • Laurie1267
    Laurie1267 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    bump for later ;)
  • insidemelookingout
    Options
    This is my favorite! I like to turn the broiler on and make it extra crispy. I could eat this all day long.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    The blog says preheat oven to 425....

And seriously, roasted broccoli the most incredible broccoli I'll ever have? Doubtful.. there's no velveeta to be found.
  • Penelope2Plyr
    Penelope2Plyr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have been making roasted brocolli for about 2 years, but not added the lemon zest or juice. Will give this one a try. Thanks
  • ellebish
    ellebish Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump