5ft 4inchers, what is your weighloss goal?

Options
I have been wondering about the right weightloss goal for me. I am a petite and 143 pounds right now. I have looked through MFP for people like me and i have noticed that, the threads for short people are generally full of 5 feeters and below. So what about success stories from 5ft 4inchers and the ideal weight for us?

Replies

• unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I am also a 5ft 4 incher! I started at 235lbs and I am now down to 202. My goal weight is 150 right now. I figure once I get close to it I will reevaluate where I need to be and where I want to go.
  • julesisthebest9
    julesisthebest9 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and my current weight is 135. Like you, I started at about 143. Ideally I think I should be around 120 or 125 but that depends on your body type also. You can measure your frame to see if you are small medium or large framed then center your ideal weight around that.
  • dq_diva
    dq_diva Posts: 66
    Options
    From what I've seen, there's a wide range for "healthy" for our height! Like anywhere between 115-145. I'm 48 yrs old and aiming for 135-140.

Good luck to you :)
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should be aiming lower than 150! Once my doctor told me she didnt want me under 160. I fall into the bigger framed category though.
  • floydypants
    floydypants Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I'm aiming for around 165. I think that will put me at around a UK size 12 (US 8-10?) I really don't think I could get to my advised healthy weight range of 115-145 without losing a leg! At the moment I am around 212 and a UK size16-18.
  • Kay203
    Kay203 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and around 145 right now. I've only lost about 2 pounds so far but my goal weight is 130-135.
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I am 5.41/2. current weight is 141 with the intention of getting down to 133-135, and maintaining.

I have maintained 143-145 for a few years now and thought it was about time i dropped a bit further. At 52 I dont think I will need to drop much more than 133.
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 5'4"! ;)

SW: 189 (8/20/11)
    CW: 152

Right now, my goal weight is 145.7 because it's the very top of my healthy weight range (according to the MFP BMI).

I'd be really happy with 130-135 and I think if I got really good with clean eating and working out I might be able to do 125 - but I don't think it would be so easy to maintain.
  • Sanvita58
    Sanvita58 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am 36 5'4 and aiming to be 130 pounds...currently 150 :(
  • wisters
    wisters Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am 5'4" and 45 years hold. I started at 166 and am current at 127. I was originally aiming for 118 (I am rather small framed), but now am thinking that 122 may be as small as I should go. If I don't lose any more that will be fine too. Right now I just want to get toned and build endurance more than anything else.
  • Kipperdog123
    Options
    I'm 5'4", and my weight loss goal is to be 135, but in high school I was 105, which would be good too. I'll settle for 145 if I can't lose any more than that. Right now I'm at 173. (I started at 208).
  • cjremus
    cjremus Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello!

So, technically I'm only 5' 3.75" but I've always felt more like 5'4" than 5'3" and weight-wise I think I will take the extra three-quarters of an inch. Right now my weight goal is 135, but I think if/once I reach it I'll see if I feel I should go any lower. I really don't think I would look good at any weight below 130, though. I'd be pretty weird looking, I think ;) Right now I'm around 170 and am a size 12.
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Based on my ideal body fat %, my goal is ~140. I think I am a bit bigger framed. I still have quite a bit to go so we'll see the closer I get to that number. :)
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and small framed. My goal is 108.
  • LHudson53
    LHudson53 Posts: 126
    Options
    Looks like there are a lot of us 5'4"ers!!! My "first" goal is 165. My "final" goal is 140.
  • hmparkin23
    hmparkin23 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft4, 168 lbs at the moment, and aiming for about 150 (Just under 11 stone in 'English money'!)
    Helen.x
  • rawbird
    rawbird Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi,

I am a newbie here, but thought I would comment as well. I am 5'4" and started at 205. I am also 52 years young. Right now, I am setting milestones, not one complete goal. It has been so long since I have consistently tried to take care of my body, that small steps make me quite happy. My first milestone is to get below 200 and stay there. Then step toward 180 and so on. I plan on re-evaluating each time I hit a milestone.

GOOD LUCK
  • BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy at ten and a half stone or 147lbs. I'm getting there slowly :D

1397731.png
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4'' with a small build and my goal is around 110-115 lbs.
  • niesje520
    niesje520 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 5.37 really 5"4 I am a thick frame, but hold my weight well. I started MFP in end of Feb 2012 and since have lost 46 pds. My goal weight is between 150-160pds. I know at that weight I am in a size 9/10 and look really good to my standards (just because I have been that size). I think it really has to do with your shape; everyone is different. If I look at the BMI chart for my age and height I should be 107-144 pds. That is nuts! I have never been 144 pds and if I was I would most likely look sick. Just have to work out what’s good for you! Good luck to all you 5"4 ladies out there! I am half way there and not giving up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!