5ft 4inchers, what is your weighloss goal?

Options

Replies

• serentity78
    serentity78 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and currently 144.....started out at 207.....150 initially was my goal weight...Thinking of lowing it to 135-140......Here is a thread on 5'4 people and their goals and success....I am also on there(SexyCook)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/697391-5-4-ladies-success-pics-please
  • Jaidnoire
    Jaidnoire Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'4. I'm starting out my weightloss at 165 but my most comfortable weight was 135 (size 6). I'd like to get down to atleast 140.
  • ernieb83
    Options
    I am also 5'4". I recently gained a lot of weight from medicine I was on...well, now I'm off it but I started at 175...my goal is 140 but I would love to get down to 130-135.
  • pohlcm08
    pohlcm08 Posts: 61
    Options
    I guess 5'4 is a popular height : ) I started at 186 and am currently at 143 on a good day. I don't really have a goal weight, just would like to be able to run a 5k without stopping to walk and also feel comfortable in my skin and look like I'm in good shape. I guess I won't know my goal weight until I am there, but mainly I want something that's practical to maintain. I would love to say I weigh in the 120's but if I got there I don't think I would be able to maintain it for the rest of my life. I'm focusing more on just being healthy and finding a weight that is maintainable without depriving myself during events like family get togethers and weddings where there is always good but naughty food!
  • shanicombs
    Options
    I know that the weight charts say we shouln't weigh more that 140, but my goal right now is to get down to 145. When I started I weighed 162 and am down to 155. I think a lot depends on your age and how much muscle mass you have. 125 is what I liked to weigh when I was younger, but once I hit 40 I had to starve myself to even get close to that weight. I try to go more by the way my clothes fit. I have a pair of pants that I could wear when I weighed 140 and I try them on once a week.
  • shewdog
    shewdog Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm 5ft4 and my goal is 9stone 6 so 133 pounds. Anything less then that and I look ill, when I was last that weight about 3 years ago I looked dreadful in photo's, I lost my boobs and my wrists looked so bony. 33 is also my lucky number :)
  • Nightdust
    Nightdust Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Well I'm 5'3 3/4" if that counts lol. I'm 155lbs right now but ideally I would like to be between 135 and 140.
  • kinsellae
    kinsellae Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    5'3 - close enough right?! starting weight 132. current 123. Goal- 120 then after bulking and cutting again hopefully end at 125 (5 lbs muscle gain). Reevaluate when I get there.
  • flsl
    flsl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im also part of the 'club' :-)

I started out around 170lbs and now about 143-44, for about 6 months. Was v happy with that, as an over-40 but now wondering if I should push further down for our wedding next year.

In some ways it depends on muscle and fat too. I have had more toned versions of 140 than I do now.. and also dont want to lose the boobs:-)
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I started out at 189 at 5ft 3. I am currently at 155. My 1st goal was 150. Now I am thinking 140.
  • flsl
    flsl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I like this too!
    I guess 5'4 is a popular height : ) I started at 186 and am currently at 143 on a good day. I don't really have a goal weight, just would like to be able to run a 5k without stopping to walk and also feel comfortable in my skin and look like I'm in good shape. I guess I won't know my goal weight until I am there, but mainly I want something that's practical to maintain. I would love to say I weigh in the 120's but if I got there I don't think I would be able to maintain it for the rest of my life. I'm focusing more on just being healthy and finding a weight that is maintainable without depriving myself during events like family get togethers and weddings where there is always good but naughty food!
  • Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'4" and my CW is 144. I started somewhere between 180-190, with my highest weight being 191, I do believe. I'm a medium framed woman, so my current goal weight is between 120-125.

But, truth be told, I don't really go by the scale that much any more and have started judging my progress via pictures and measurements. I know that once I get to a happy weight/size, I'm definitely going to have to go on a slow bulk. I want a nice derriere!
  • cupcakes_
    cupcakes_ Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    135-140 would be ideal
  • queezle_sister
    queezle_sister Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3", 53 yrs old. I started at 140 and am down to about 131 (4 months with MFP). My goal is to reach 125, and maybe less. Agree with all the others - would rather weigh a few lbs more with muscle than be a few lbs less but no tone.

Good luck all - you youngsters are wise to take the weight off while you are still young. One's metabolism slows as one ages, and this makes weight loss a struggle. Be Strong!
  • rubyjune27
    rubyjune27 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 4.25 inches . Aged 50. Medium frame, wrist 6 bit inches
    I started at 172 - jan 12
    Current 136
    Goal 126

Although I am very pleased with my progress, I am far from satisfied with how I look. I am apple shaped so have a non existent waist. When I compare myself to others, those who are hour glass or pear shaped can be the same weight or even heavier but look so much better. I thought I might try for 122 but my Doctor told me last week that 122 wouldbe too low and I would look 5 years older!

Good luck to everyone
  • comforter
    Options
    Since I am small boned, my goal is 125. According to charts, I think I am supposed to be somewhere between 114 and 143, so 125 iabout in the middle. I was that weight about 22 years ago and never felt better, so that is where I am aiming for again. LOOOOOONG way to go! :) Blessings to everyone!
  • ziggyc
    ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my goal weight is 135lbs. I got down to 139 before I got pregnant last time and I thought that was just about right. I'm also a medium to larger build.
  • aylawill
    aylawill Posts: 65
    Options
    I'm just under 5'5", and my goal is around 125. I'm at 132 right now, after losing close to 15 lbs in the last few months.
  • AlexandraR2011
    AlexandraR2011 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should be aiming lower than 150! Once my doctor told me she didnt want me under 160. I fall into the bigger framed category though.

My goal is 150 ish too! I have a bigger bust and that weight looks a lot better on me than when I was smaller. Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!