5ft 4inchers, what is your weighloss goal?

Options

Replies

• shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 3 and half I'd like to be 9st (126lbs) but I don't know if i will get there.. I've got down to 9st 4 but keep going up and down and mostly around130-132lbs.

The frame measurements don't work for me I've got really thin wrists and always have had even at my heaviest (16st) but I think my body frame is medium as I've been around 130-132lbs throughout most of life before got overweight. This is in middle of my healthy range and was my original goal but now I got here I want to go lower cos tummy isn't flat enough! :embarassed:

I wish I could get into the 8st figures! apparently the bottom of my healthy range is 8st 7 (119lbs) I can't imagine ever getting to 108lb!.. according to thing i read that would put me in the underweight category? .. so surely same would apply to 5st 4?
  • patriciaannbibo
    patriciaannbibo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    5'4 CW:!95
    GW: !50
  • babebree
    babebree Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and my current weight is 235. My goal weight is around 160 according to the charts, I would be overweight but I think I would look great at this weight. Who knows things may change!
  • lilcheer
    lilcheer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 4in and currently at 136, ideally I would love to be at 120, but would be more than happy with 125. That aside I am more focused on what looks good in the mirror, if I weigh 130 but like what I see I feel there is no need to force myself to be smaller. I am trying to learn to live by the idea of being healthy and strong instead of simply skinny. We are all so unique, it is important to remember that our weight is just another unique part of us. Aim for being healthy and happy and let the number just be a side note.
  • babebree
    babebree Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great Job on your weight loss.
  • kobear1
    kobear1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 5'4 and have a more muscular build. I know that muscle weighs more than fat but I am still fighting the curves...I have been challenging myself to get to and stay at 135, i have got there and then i bounce back up with a bad week of eating carbs. My body really likes the 140-145 range and it is a constant battle to drop below that but so easy to shoot back up. I tend to go off my inches more than the scale but that too has been at a stand still for about 5 weeks. Any advice or tips on how to really take and keep off these last 10lbs would be awesome.
  • sapf
    sapf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I started at 180+ in 2008 and was down to 142 in July 2011 (fit in size 6/8 US). I was pretty satisfied with my body then other than my flabby arms. Now I'm back up to 165 :-( after getting married/honeymoon phase. Would like to get back to the 140 area ASAP because that's where all of my nice clothes are, and ultimately down into the 120s so that I can be a healthy weight before trying to have kids.
  • DawnMcUK
    DawnMcUK Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I'm aiming for around 165. I think that will put me at around a UK size 12 (US 8-10?) I really don't think I could get to my advised healthy weight range of 115-145 without losing a leg! At the moment I am around 212 and a UK size16-18.

This just shows how massively different we all are, despite being the same height. I am 5'4" and started at 179 (a UK size 18), I am currently 168 and can fit in a size 16 jean but no smaller. My goal is to be around 135 and hope that would be a size 12. There really is no 'one size fits all'!
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" age 36 with a medium build. Started at 155, right now at 140, aiming for 130. If if made a helluva effort I could probably get to 125, but I think it would be too hard to maintain. As it is I've been stuck at 140 for a few months now.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    That's so true! I've seen a website where women of every different shape, size, height and weight post pics of themselves (some naked, or almost so) so that you can see how their bodies vary. Wish I'd bookmarked it!

Edited to add - I did bookmark this one - http://www.imagetwinsolutions.com/weightloss/#

Is this the one?

http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html

yay! That's the one! Thank you, I've bookmarked it this time :flowerforyou:

Have a look at it OP, it will help you decide where to aim
  • DeannaPaige1
    DeannaPaige1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Started at 196lbs..currently at 152..my 1st goal is 145...ultimate goal is 135 :)
  • km017198
    km017198 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am shooting for 140-145. I don't mind fluctuating in that range. I have always been "heavy"; I am very muscular. Before I gained all of my weight I was 148 and wore a size 4 so I don't think I want to be much smaller than that.
  • laceylady1
    laceylady1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 got up to 204 while pregnant, currently 169. Ultimate goal is 135-140. When I got married I tried really hard to get in the 120's and just couldn't do it. So I'm aiming for the 130's.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    143?? i WISH i weighed 143. I'm also 5'4". My goal is to lose 30lbs. 27 more to go...been doing MFP for 3 months and only lost 3 lbs so far. :(
  • lisam191
    lisam191 Posts: 20
    Options
    I am 5ft 3, one inch shorter than you. I aim to be 120lbs eventually.
  • bellabijou
    bellabijou Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am aiming for 145 - right now I am 168, but started this summer at 180. I have always been quite *ahem* chesty, so I really can't ever see myself being below 130.
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal of 120 pounds 5 months ago and am very happy at this weight. I get a lot of very nice compliments about being "tiny", so I think it's a nice goal weight to aim for?

:wink:
  • kitamarie4359
    kitamarie4359 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 3 and I am 54 and my doctor told me I was considered a bigger framed. He told me I should not go below 160. I started at 216 and since October I am down to 175.9. My goal is 160. I have gone down 6 sizes so far. I did not start exercising until after I lost the first 35 pounds. Now I walk on treadmill 2.5 miles 5 days a week
  • floydypants
    floydypants Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bringing this topic back up as I am finding it very interesting to see all the different goals
  • Bsexi88
    Bsexi88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'4 and at 167 lbs right now I started at 191 lbs but my heaviest was 202 lbs. I have lost 20 lbs and I am aiming for 125-130 lbs I know that the weight range is 117-146 lbs and going below or over isn't good even for smaller frames. I have a small to medium frame so my weight goals are a healthy fit to my frame.

Looking for fellow 5'4 friends feel free to drop a msg and add me
    B-D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!