5ft 4inchers, what is your weighloss goal?

Options

Replies

• kristydrodgers
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and I think my goal is 150. That may sound higher then some but I got down to 175 before and my husband was already complaining he didn't want me to lose anymore. I liked myself so much more at that weight so I believe I will be thrilled to see 150!
  • gonnadoit2010
    gonnadoit2010 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", large framed and 60 yrs old. I started March 27th, weighing 235 lbs, and right now I'm just shy of losing 50 lbs. I'm starting to get a lot of loose skin, especially on my upper arms, so I'm going to re evaluate when I reach 160 lbs and see If I want to go further. I need to start weight lifting, but at this point, I'm still trying to figure out what I need to do. If anyone has advise on weigt lifting, let me know. Thanks
  • dalissalee
    dalissalee Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I am about 5'3" and am aiming for 135.
  • dalissalee
    dalissalee Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", large framed and 60 yrs old. I started March 27th, weighing 235 lbs, and right now I'm just shy of losing 50 lbs. I'm starting to get a lot of loose skin, especially on my upper arms, so I'm going to re evaluate when I reach 160 lbs and see If I want to go further. I need to start weight lifting, but at this point, I'm still trying to figure out what I need to do. If anyone has advise on weigt lifting, let me know. Thanks

As for weight lifting... I'd either join a gym and meet with a trainer or not join a gym and hire a trainer for a few sessions. The trainer can teach you what exercise are best and how to stand correctly while lifting, etc. And, once you know those things, you can do them at home. :)
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and have reached my goal weight of 125
  • MYRTLEBEACH1234
    Options
    Way to go! I just started this program today. Saw it in Women's world magazine. Shouldn't have started on a day off though! However, so far so good and enjoy tracking the progress through the day and what is remaining in all catagegories!
  • JBarne14
    Options
    I like your idea of getting to 150 and reevaluating from there. I'm 5'4" and currently weight 159 (I've lost about 10 - - 3 since I joined MFP) My goal is 140, but I don't consider myself big-boned. Take it a day at a time and feel GREAT in the process.
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    around 122-126... i know i need a "range" not a weight goal because it is impossible to stay at a specific number.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and was told by my nutritionist because of my frame (I might also add I'm a pear shape) that my ideal weight is no less than 160. We shall see when I get there :)
    I will say that I have been fairly close to 160 before and it put me in a dress size 10-12 and pant size 14/16 (again, pear shape). I may go 20lbs smaller but for now I'm shooting for 160
  • wndrtchr
    wndrtchr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" like some of the others who've posted on this blog. I think the best indicator is body fat %. I have a lot of muscle, when I was at my thinnest, when I was in my twenties, I was at 152 lbs and was at 18% body fat. That is my goal now.
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    First goal is 130lbs.

I'm 5 lbs away.

next is 125-128lbs
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Im 5'4 1/2

OW: 282
    MFP SW: 216
    CW: 196
    1st GW: 180 by my bday October 17th
    2nd GW: 170 By turkey day
    3rd GW: 165 by xmas
    4th:150 by valentines day
    5th: 145-135 by Summer 2013
  • amyregina
    Options
    I'm also 5'4" - I went through a really hard time and I think stress did it's toll on my body. I went from 145 to 170. I currently am down to about 161, but I feel stuck here. I run more (can run up to 6 miles now) than I ever have in my life and am eating healthier, but my weight isn't budging. My goal is to be around 140 again which for a bigger frame, is ideal I think (I could be wrong). Any suggestions/tips on what to do?
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I was at 165 when I started - I've been as low as 120, but am now back about 125 due to muscle gain. My body fat % is about 17% at the present time. I'd rather weigh less but that's more a mental thing. I went from as size 12-14 to a 0, and my 0 are sometimes too big. My bra was 38DD - now is a 30B.
  • pauljanet
    pauljanet Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 51yr old and 5'4, I'm aiming for 120-125lbs, I would describe myself as small to medium framed, the weight Im aiming for suits my frame, which would take me to a UK size 8-10! Just another 7lbs to reach my target.
  • FluffyNoMore26
    FluffyNoMore26 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Ok so I am 5'2 1/2" :) But close enough right!! Right now I a am a depressing 225 which is the heaviest I have ever been!!! :/
    My long term goal is between 135 and 145. A few years ago I got down to 170 before putting it all back on and that is my first goal. Because even at 170 i almost had a flat belly and I did not have a double chin!!! For me my thick legs and arms make up the weight I loose in my torso.
  • celticgal101
    Options
    I've been at 145 before, and that makes me a size 8, which I am totally happy about. I'm big boned, so it works for me! I think you need to pick something that is attainable...I could try for 130/135 to get really skinny, but I think that would be very frustrating for me to reach, and 145 is very comfortable, and svelte on me.
  • 1mrslacey
    Options
    I'm 5'4 current weight is 210 i started at 264 highest weight a few months before mfp was 286 :grumble: my first goal is to be 199 and out of the 200's . my next goal will be 160 and then i will work on maintaining that weight and less on losing for a while. i will continue to exercise still and eat the same as I do now..
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    I am 5'3 and currently 146, I would like to get to 125-130 but man has it been hard.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    SW: 264
    CW: 230
    GW: 150
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!