Sooooooo....whats for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing pretty much every morning - porridge with 1tsp of honey. Not very exciting but it fills me up!
  • cuckoo2012
    cuckoo2012 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    two hard boiled egg and an apple
  • gloriapiz55
    gloriapiz55 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 5:30am everyday.. around 6:15 I have an "egg in a mug" - spray a coffee mug with non stick spray, add 1 egg, small splash of skim milk, sprinkle of salt/pepper/onion powder, scramble with a fork, add some low fat american cheese torn up and microwave for 50 seconds, scramble it up wth a fork again and micro for another 13-15 seconds more. Add a teaspoon or two of salsa and enjoy! So fast & easy!

Later at work I will toast up a whole grain light thomas english muffin, spread some natural PB and low sugar strawberry spread and YUMMY!!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    fiber one original with low fat plain yogurt and banana
  • jwillie76
    jwillie76 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    trying something new this morning...chobani greek yogurt with PB2 and it's yummy!
  • janine73holland
    janine73holland Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like a bowl of porridge oats with a small spoon of honey, today I had a bowl of allbran.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Today I am having Steel Cut Oats with Chocolate Chips and Dried Cranberries!

I made 4 servings of the oats according to package directions. While they were cooking, I added a scoop of chocolate protein powder, cinnamon and 1/3 cup of dried cranberries. Upon serving I sprinkled on about 15 semi sweet chocolate chips. YUM.
  • alicia3097
    alicia3097 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try the Better Homes and Gardens Fresh Tomatoe and Mozzarella Omelet...Its really good and super easy to make :o)
  • laurabeth326
    laurabeth326 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I eat this almost every morning- Chobani Greek yogurt (I try to switch up the flavors) and coffee. Sometimes I throw in a slice of toast too. I LOVE Chobani yogurt! Definitely helps my to last through lunch.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    my usual weekday breakfast is greek yougurt and berries, pretty boring I know.

weekends I make oatmeal with nuts and craisons.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm no help either.
    Special K Chocolatey delight every morning.
    Although saturday i had a belgian waffle, my mistakes...800 calories later....

I love the Special K bars!
  • August_1958
    August_1958 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Smart Start antioxidant-strong heart cereal.
    Super skim milk and a couple of strawberries!
  • Ladynorth101
    Ladynorth101 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    2 scrambled eggs
    1 cup cherries
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    The breakfast I am HOOKED on right now is this:

1/2 cup oatmeal cooked with 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk

mix in 1/2 TBSP butter, cinnamon and 1/8 cup sugar-free syrup

in a separate bowl mix together 1/2 cup fat free plain greek yogurt, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla and 2 tbsp reddi-whip

layer that ontop of the oatmeal

on top of that layer some sliced strawberries and some blueberries

sprinkle more cinnamon on top, drizzle 1/8 cup syrup and more reddi-whip

for extra punch mix a scoop of vanilla protein powder in the oatmeal

TASTES SO EFFIN AMAZING. And fills u up big time. AND it's super healthy. You can't go wrong here.
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    on my way out the door for work...so its a quickie :)

Peaches and cream oatmeal with 2% milk. Later I will have a yogurt and some sort of snack...probably strawberries.
  • havetubawilltravel
    havetubawilltravel Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    quiche or a baked frittata (crustless quiche, essentially)

Recipes are legion, don't be afraid to substitute/experiment ("eggs-periment"? LOL)

My favorite ingredientss usually include shredded pepperjack cheese and/or bits of jalapeno & cheese smoked sausage or bratwurst, mostly turkey-based of course....

Portion control is essential, 'cause if you do a good enough job, you will not want to stop at one piece....
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,421 Member
    Options
    I had a wonderful breakfast of:

1 eggland best large hardboiled egg
    2 slices of Ezekial Raisin Bread with 1 tbsp peanut butter
    and coffee

It's around 340 calories for all, but an amazing start to your day!!
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Strawberry vanilla refrigerated oatmeal with chia seeds. My version is 160 calories for a cup. I got the idea from www.theyummylife.com and then adjusted it to fit my taste.
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelet with shredded cheddar cheese and glass of organic cherry juice.
  • neuronaut
    Options
    I don't typically have much time in the mornings for cooking.

When at home, I eat cereal. Most are roughly the same calories. Today it was frosted flakes. But, instead of milk, I use almond milk. Silk brand is good. I don't buy the sweetened kind because you can get the same taste by adding splenda for less calories.

When on the road, many hotels now have oatmeal. I eat this with a tablespoon of brown sugar (tastes so much better than with splenda) and then add raisons. Some hotels offer almonds and craisons which are even better.