Sooooooo....whats for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I have a few staples that I like:

2 (whole) egg omelette with shredded cheese and toast ((Eating this right now))

Egg sandwich: 1 over easy egg, slice of cheese, in an English muffin (you can add meat to this)

A bowl of raisin bran (or special K vanilla almond) with skim milk and fresh fruit cut up in it

I bought some morningstar (vegetarian) breakfast sausages yesterday and haven't tried them out yet, but I am hopeful. I'll probably eat them with 1 egg.

I also love simply potato hashbrowns. They are in green plastic baggies near the eggs. So yummy. My fav variety is the southwestern style, but they are a bit high in sodium.
  • a_stone_girl_dances
    a_stone_girl_dances Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Scrambled tofu w/a slice of whole rye bread and Smart Balance spread. I'm with all the egg & toast folks, mine's just catered to my diet. It's low calorie and filling.
  • bigandysrunning
    bigandysrunning Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Smoothie baby, every damn day.
    Unoriginal yes, but it's super healthy and really delicious.

I do:
    1/4 cup of pomegranate Juice
    1/4 cup of 0% fat french vanilla yogurt
    1/4 cup of organic whole milk (yes, whole milk, but we're only talking 38 cals since it's only a quarter cup)
    1/4 cup fresh blueberries
    1/4 cup fresh raspberries
    1 banana
    1/2 pound frozen mixed fruit. (sold in the bag as mixed fruit, includes strawberries, peaches, pineapples, and melon)

**no ice needed since the frozen fruit acts like the ice, and makes it nice and thick, not watered down.

This makes about a 20 oz (maybe a little more) smoothie, with 342 calories.
  • jnamcelwain
    jnamcelwain Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I drank a glass of juice when I got out of bed. On my way to work I had a decaf iced coffee with half and half, dry wheat Chex cereal, and a bottle of milk with sugar free chocolate syrup
  • muamontreal
    muamontreal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    A green smoothie every morning in my magic bullet (1/2 banana, some kale and some other fruits to fill the cup : grapes or plums or strawberries or bluberries...)
    a whole grain bun with sliced cheese, ham and lettuce

It's a big breakfast ;-)
  • Jeremydavidson1982
    Options
    thats cool, talk about one stop shop
  • Jeremydavidson1982
    Options
    1 scoop of protein and water in a shaker, your choice of flavor.
  • ludalyssa
    Options
    I cook up egg beaters in the microwave with a little bit of shredded cheese and occasionally some diced meat like leftover chicken or ham. If you pour the egg beaters in a small bowl or ramekin and then toss in the "extras" and microwave for a minute or two (until eggs are done) the egg beaters fluff up around the "extras" and make a mini omelet. I often also toast a 100 calories English muffin and put my mini omelet on it like its a sandwich. YUM.

Or I eat leftovers or lunch food. I like dinner foods for breakfast and breakfast foods for dinner. :)
  • Jschrolms
    Jschrolms Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Smoked Salmon on toast, add sweet chilli cream cheese, it is ahh mahh zingg
  • annie_banannie
    annie_banannie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I eat something different every day, not always tradtionally "breakfast" foods. Today I had little open-faced avocado & ham sandwiches with a side of berries:

2 oz Trader Joe's Sliced Rosemary Ham, 60 cal
    1/4 Haas Avocado, 72 cal
    4 pieces Old London Whole Grain Wheat Melba Toast, 80 cal
    1/2 cup Blueberries, 41 cal
    Coffee, 4 cal

Total = 257 cal
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I'm boring lol. I have honey nut cherrios and occasionally add something like a banana or unsweetened apple sauce.
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    3 egg whites, fat-free feta crumbled, sliced tomatoes. cooked in a small pan with some Pam. On the side, half of a Healthy Life English muffin with 1/4 avocado and a little salt sprinkled on top. Its better than butter BELIEVE IT! And coffee. Always coffee. Lots and lots of coffee, lol.
  • TMF1123
    TMF1123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    my favorite for the moment...

1 apple (honey crisp or jazz) - diced
    1/2 cup ff greek yogurt and
    1 Tbsp peanut butter - mixed together till smooth
    topped with 1/4 cup of kashi go lean berry cereal.

yummy!
  • thomasglee
    Options
    Here's a couple I eat fairly regularly. Just enough calories to help me get through my morning workout (usually a cycle class), but not so much that I have to scrimp through the rest of the day....

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sat Fat Chol
    Bananas - Raw, 45 g 40 10 0 0 0 0
    Quaker Oats - Quick 1-Minute Oatmeal, 1/4 cup 75 14 2 3 0 0
    Home Cooked - Hard Boiled Egg, 1 Ex large egg 80 0 5 6 1 186
    Kirkland Signature (Costco) - Walnuts , 30 g 200 4 20 5 2 0
    Add Food Quick Tools 395 28 27 14 3 186

Fruit - Fresh Figs, 1.25 small (40g) 38 10 0 0 0 0
    Bananas - Raw, 65 g 58 15 0 1 0 0
    Kashi - Golean Crunch! Cereal, 0.75 cup 143 29 2 7 0 0
    Fage: Total 0% - Nonfat Greek Strained Yogurt , 0.52 cup (227 g) 68 5 0 12 0 0
    Add Food Quick Tools 307 59 2 20 0 0
  • ChanyL
    ChanyL Posts: 41
    Options
    Lately I have been having a toast ( one slice of multigrain bread) with 1 tablespoon of almond butter or peanut butter and a banana.
  • viad25720
    viad25720 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I usually switch it up. One thing i love that feels like a dessert is this:

1/2 cup plain 0% chobani Greek yogurt
    1 banana
    1/2 cup great value frozen mixed berries
    2 oz. Oj
    1 tbsp. Pb

Blend, healthy natural thick smoothies. Mega protein. Tastes like a dessert! About 350 cals give or take, makes a huge glass and fills me up for hours unlike thin yucky protein shake mixes. Tweek to your liking, let me know if you like!
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Diced red potaotes w/ bell peppers and onions along side a scrambled egg, or what I usually eat is old fashioned oats w/ blueberries. I also like to take a slice of toast put a little chunky peanut butter and top it w/ sliced bananas and a drizzle of honey.
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken the time to read all the responses so far, so my apologies if this is a repeat of someone else's idea.

My go to breakfast is Old Fashioned oatmeal with 1/3 c of Craisins cooked in with it, and a cup of coffee to drink. Sweet, filling, and needs no sugar added. This one is less than 300 calories.

This week I've been enjoying 3/4 cup of Honey Nut Cheerios with a small banana sliced into it and 1 cup of skim milk in it, along with a cup of coffee to drink. That is just over 300 calories, and a great way to get my day started.

If I really want something different, I'll toast up an English muffin, top it with 1 tablespoon of my homemade jam, and have a piece of fruit with it, and coffee. It's still around 300 calories, give or take, but not as high in fiber, which is what keeps us feeling fuller longer.

I focus on healthy eating and getting in a minimum of 25 grams of fiber due to diverticulosis, and not wanting to experience diverticulitis ever again.
  • coops9999
    coops9999 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Usually a Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Probar (nicest meal replacement bar I have found yet) or if I am in the mood for something cooked :-

3 egg white - 1 full egg omelette with peppers and mushrooms, maybe a turkey or breakfast sausage on the side if I'm craving meat...