Never Been So Happy to See a Fat Photo - Definite Changes!

Options
poeco76
poeco76 Posts: 139 Member
I started using MFP officially at approximately the middle of March of this year. I have been struggling quite a bit to see the changes taking place in my body. I know this isn't horribly uncommon for anyone, but I keep telling people that nothing seems to ever change. I work out, I work out, and my body refuses to cooperate. My husband tells me that I am in fact losing all over and that he just can't point to specific areas. In my head, I can't help but think, "Yes, because I look exactly the same!" Always are our own worst critic. {sigh}

Anyway, yesterday I happened to be competing in a cycling ride, and my darling husband was taking some photos of me before it began. Never thrilled to see photos of myself, I wasn't excited to see what they actually looked like. But when I opened them up I thought, "Hey, I think maybe I have changed a bit!" So, I dug up a photo he had randomly taken of me about 4 months ago, and put them side by side. I am actually sitting here crying because I can see that, hey, it is working and maybe I just need to have a bit more faith.

Thanks for letting me share... and for anyone else who thinks s/he isn't changing... take photos - I bet it's happening for you too! :O)
(crossing my fingers that this uploads properly!)
424to8262.jpg

Replies

• cjmcmillan
    cjmcmillan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you are looking great!!
  • shannonmci
    shannonmci Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing! GREAT job!!
  • JonieB
    JonieB Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Way to go girlie!!!
  • brendacooks
    brendacooks Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You are looking smaller - for sure! Good for you!
  • corrinnebrown
    Options
    Do you measure? I love to measure...this week I lost 9 inches. Thats huge. I bet if you measured you could really see the difference!
  • DivineRED1
    DivineRED1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    That's JUST 4 months!? Amazing.
  • marvelmo
    marvelmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    a picture is worth a thousand words
    your metamorphosis is obvious
    Fabulous!
    Keep on keep on
  • poeco76
    Options
    Do you measure? I love to measure...this week I lost 9 inches. Thats huge. I bet if you measured you could really see the difference!

Thank you to everyone. I'm happy that someone else can see it too (makes me think I'm not completely insane).

I do measure - oddly though, most of the measurements haven't changed (except my chest, which seems to be shrinking at dramatic rates). I've actually GAINED an inch in my waist - and I don't even know how that's physically possible after having lost almost 50 pounds now. Kind of crazy.
  • Celticsnowflake
    Celticsnowflake Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! you can see that you are a happier person in the new picture as well!! Keep it up!
  • Zelenka06
    Options
    You are doing great lady! You are definately looking smaller!
  • ahdimperio
    ahdimperio Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you. This is exactly what I needed to hear right now.
  • dy617
    dy617 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic.
  • lovedtorun
    Options
    I see huge changes! You are looking fabulous! BTW I love that tattoo on your arm!
  • poeco76
    Options
    Thank you. This is exactly what I needed to hear right now.

I'm so glad it's helpful. Keep going... and if you need someone to chat with, please feel free to add me. :O)
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Significant difference, unreal that's happened in 4 months... keep pushing!!
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow! Very dramatic change, you look great!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,003 Member
    Options
    WOW Congrats, I see huge changes. You should be proud of all your hard work, your body is changing for sure. Keep up the good work and continue to take pics.Sometimes it is easier to see the progress through pics
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    You go mama!!
  • Maris165
    Maris165 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    What a difference!!! You look great! Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • msdani12
    msdani12 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Great work! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!