September Challenge - Jillian Michaels's 30 Day Shred.

Options

Replies

• hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Today was day 3 for me.. I'm in!
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    So, being day 1, should we post some stats?

CW: 125.8 lbs
    GW: N/A
    waist: 30"
    hips: 35.5"
    arms: both 11"
    things: both 20.5"
    chest: 38.5"

Before picture: Haven't taken it yet, and not sure how to share it once I do (or if I want to :laugh:)
  • gingerjen7
    Options
    So, being day 1, should we post some stats?
    Well, I just finished Day 1! Not a great start because I didn't do all the chest presses or the lateral raises (well, I did all the lateral raises, but I dropped from 2 weights to 1 weight to no weights). But any start is better than no start and I'm sure day 2 I'll be able to hang in there a little better. Sunday is my rest day, so I'll see y'all on Monday!
  • hawaiianbaby1
    Options
    Awww man. I'll be starting this in a few weeks. I need to finish up hip hop abs first. If you do one on October let me know.
  • caramellips06
    caramellips06 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    im in starting today i love the idea of pics every 10 days i did it before n def lost inches n seen awesome results.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to start a challenge last week but have been a giant lazy emotional eating bum. I will accept the challenge and start today. I will do it! I will not quit!
  • limico91
    limico91 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I thought I was going to die on the first night! I have never sweated so much in half an hour or felt the pain immediately. Last night I did day 2 level 1 which I found much easier. Not easy by any means but easier than day 1. I have woken up this morning with an ache in my back, shoulders and chest :S So Im going to take a day off and go to the gym this afternoon and do day 3 on Tuesday.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I want to do the challenge...I don't have a copy though..can I do it off of YouTube??
    Yes!! I was so surprised to find it on there but all 3 levels are on Youtube.

I'm on Day 9 of Level 1 but I'll keep at it! I hate those side squats (or lateral raises? whatever it stinks) but I am developing butt muscle = butt soreness!! and perky butt is a happy butt!
  • kerrykarma
    Options
    ive done the 30 day shred its great :) om on jillians 6 week 6 pack now omg its a killer makes the shred look easy and its far from easy lol :happy:
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    After only 4 days doing this brilliant DVD I am delighted to report that my flab, which made awful noises flopping about as I did the butt kicks/jumping jacks, is no longer making those awful embarrassing noises!!! The DVD must be working already!!!!! I LOVE Jillian!
  • devans25
    devans25 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Im in! I just started today and enjoying it so far.
  • gingerjen7
    Options
    I thought I was going to die on the first night! I have never sweated so much in half an hour or felt the pain immediately. Last night I did day 2 level 1 which I found much easier. Not easy by any means but easier than day 1. I have woken up this morning with an ache in my back, shoulders and chest :S So Im going to take a day off and go to the gym this afternoon and do day 3 on Tuesday.
    Just finished day 2 of level 1 and I am proud to report that I kept up with each move in real time and I kept my 5 pound weights through the first round of side squats with anterior raises, but switched to lighter weights for the second round. Hoping tomorrow I can stick with the 5 pounders through both!
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    That is really good using the 5's. Great Job!
  • AlyK47
    AlyK47 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 3 Level 1! I woke up today not feeling sore at all - except for my arms, they are KILLING me! But I feel great and energised. (: Feel free to add me! if you want some motivation or support!
  • limico91
    Options
    Just finished Day 3 Level 1! I woke up today not feeling sore at all - except for my arms, they are KILLING me! But I feel great and energised. (: Feel free to add me! if you want some motivation or support!

Heres hoping Im like this tomorrow as I have a LONG day at work! Ive just done day 3 level 1 and found it worse than day 1 (although that might have been because I had just eaten) When do you guys do it? I find the best time for me is late afternoon/early evening but Im at work until 6, by the time im home and eaten (im a marvin when I get in so have to eat) its already 7 before doing it but like tonight I was obviously too full to do it.

Sorry for all the questions!
  • gingerjen7
    Options
    When do you guys do it? I find the best time for me is late afternoon/early evening but Im at work until 6, by the time im home and eaten (im a marvin when I get in so have to eat) its already 7 before doing it but like tonight I was obviously too full to do it.
    Well, I set my alarm for 5:55 to get up and do it, but then I lay in bed until 6:30, so I do it after work. We don't get home until after 6 usually, but I'll make my son's plate and then go upstairs and do it in my room and then eat when I'm done. I figure it's only 28 minutes, and usually I've already been waiting a while to eat, so I figure "What's another 28 minutes?" For some reason that I couldn't possible explain, chewing gum helps me when I'm working out, regardless of whether or not I'm hungry. Maybe it will help you too?
  • limico91
    Options
    When do you guys do it? I find the best time for me is late afternoon/early evening but Im at work until 6, by the time im home and eaten (im a marvin when I get in so have to eat) its already 7 before doing it but like tonight I was obviously too full to do it.
    Well, I set my alarm for 5:55 to get up and do it, but then I lay in bed until 6:30, so I do it after work. We don't get home until after 6 usually, but I'll make my son's plate and then go upstairs and do it in my room and then eat when I'm done. I figure it's only 28 minutes, and usually I've already been waiting a while to eat, so I figure "What's another 28 minutes?" For some reason that I couldn't possible explain, chewing gum helps me when I'm working out, regardless of whether or not I'm hungry. Maybe it will help you too?

:D This is why I do it in the evening as I have no excuse of getting out of bed! I shall try the chewing gum tomorrow, thanks for the tip :)
  • gingerjen7
    Options
    Day 3, done! Stuck with the 5 lb weights the whole work out! Whooh. Sweat was literally dripping off my face, but I feel pretty damn good!
  • jennfost777
    jennfost777 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Iam in for sure. I just finished the Brazil Butt Lift and it was amazing but my arms and abs need more definition so I know the Shred is perfect for that.
  • mother_of_brigade
    mother_of_brigade Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Level 1 complete last night! First time through...what a sweat! Today really feeling it in my shoulders!

Running tonight and strength...back at it again tomorrow morning before work and volleyball!