*~*When did you meet your true love?*~*

Options

Replies

• EllaNovella
    Options
    We worked at the same hotel for a year and a half and never met until one night a bunch of coworkers got together after work for drinks. He asked me out a few weeks later. He was 31 and I was 26. We've been together now for 9 years, married 5 years in October.

well done! <3
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    When I was 16. We dated for two years and were engaged to be married when he was relocated to the U.S. After 6 months apart I lost faith and we broke up. I eventually got married to someone else, moved to the U.S., had children, and got divorced. Fast forward 20 years... my biggest regret in life was losing faith and giving up on our relationship. My friend encouraged me to look him up and so I did. After nearly two years of trying to locate him we finally made contact. That was over 1 1/2 years ago. Since then, he has relocated and we now live together and are planning our happily ever after. :happy:

Yay that's awesome!! :)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I met Hubs almost 15 years ago (Nov 1997) in a night club of all places! Wasn't looking for anything but he came up and started dancing with me and bought me a couple drinks and we chatted and exchanged numbers. He called me at 9am the next morning and I had to cuss him out because he gave me a hickey! We were practically inseparable for the next few months so we decided we might as well move in together and start sharing expenses. We've had our ups and downs like all couples but are still going strong all these years later!

Another night club meet! <3x
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I havent . But I have a 7 year old son I love very much

I'm sure he loves you too :)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    We kind of met on twitter. There was a group of us who tweeted about the Phoenix Coyotes and the ownership situation. Well before a game I went to dinner with a friend and some of the other people from twitter. He was there and it was instantaneous feelings for me. We started texting and finally went to a few games together and then became a couple. We first met 2 years ago come Octobor and made it official that December. We moved in together a year ago and that's the story.

Cool! :)
  • agonzalesjoy
    Options
    I met mine when I was in 7th grade, and we have been together for 23 years now.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    14 years ago at a keg party in college - I know what you're thinking - SO romantic! ;-)

I guess it doesn't matter where we met because it was really love at first site and we've never been apart since.

I like the story haha and yeah it is romantic!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wonder if my last boyfriend was my true love. We had a really intense relationship and when we broke up it was absolutely crushing. Like part of my soul died. I've never had that with anyone else. But I keep telling myself that my true love isn't going to bring me down. He's going to respect me and encourage me.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    When I was 15 (1995). He was a Sophmore and I was a Freshman. I was oblivious to his stares across the lunch room and passing in the halls, and he would remind me of the dress code...even though he really loved my mid drift shirts, mini skirts, thigh highs and mary janes! Lol! It wasn't till the end of my Sophmore year that he we really got to know eachother. My best friend at the time lived across the street from him and he came to a party at her house. And there was was where it began. And here we are almost 17 years later, still as much in love as we were all that time ago, married with 5 amazing beautiful kiddos! Ahhhhhh LOVE!

Sweet story! :)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I had just started my freshman year at college. He was a couple years older than me. I was actually dating someone else and as he says "he stole me away"..lol! 15 years and two kids later, I guess he did! :smooched:

Happy ending! hehe x
  • daughterofthesea
    daughterofthesea Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I met my true love at university, we were both doing the same degree and met at the induction thingy. He asked me out for a drink that night and then ended the drinks thing by asking me out. Nearly 2 years on we're planning our wedding for next August and are looking forward to our lives together.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I met my honey on Plenty of Fish.. I had just seperated from my husband 5 months before and wasnt really looking for him but my boss at the time had been single for a while and didnt want to go on the website by herself so I joined with her... HIs mother and aunt set his up to get him back on the market since he just seperated from his wife 4 months earlier.. We have two kids.. My son from my previous marriage Calvin he is 4 and his daughter from his previous marriage Teegan is 4 as well.. His daughter and my son are 19 days apart... They were 12 months old when we met.. Its been 4 yrs.,, Not married yet.. but one day!!

Sweet! Instant twin :P
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    When I was 12. We have been together since and it has been going on 21 years now. Our marriage has never been better and I fall more in love with him every day, if that is even possible. He is everything I could ever ask for in a soul mate and then some :)

Lucky you! x
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    After having gone through a painful divorce (after 17 yrs of marriage) in May of 2010, I truly believed that happiness and joy was for other people (as far as relationships were concerned). Boy was I wrong! As a JOKE to quiet my Mom and my co-worker, Anna, I joined EHarmony, September 14, 2011. Doug is the peanut butter for my jelly sandwich. LOL. We laugh at the same things, enjoy the same hobbies, share the same faith. He tells me all the time how special I am just for being me, no other reason. I have been so very blessed! :flowerforyou:

I couldn't help but picture you with shrek hehe sweet story :)
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I was 19 and on a date with his cousin, it was love at first sight for me, took another 2 years for us to get together, we've been together 11 years, married 10 this November :heart:
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    January 2nd this year. We're getting married this December!

My cousin-in-law mentioned him to my mother at Christmas time. Because I'm a "oh, yeah, that's cool" nonchalant type of girl, I brushed it away. She ended up texting me last minute to invite me to hang out with her and her friend's family (he happens to be the brother who came over to California from Australia for the holidays). I was like "ok, sure I have nothing better to do, so why not?"

Engaged in April when I visited him in Australia.

And the rest is history.

:)

Xmas love!
  • kiwilan
    kiwilan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    On Facebook actually.
    I was a 'friend' on his actual friends Facebook (I was trying to see who my friend was dating at the time) and he added me and didn't stop talking for 2 weeks. We met up and have been together ever since. It will be 3 years in January. We have been through a lot though. He had a hard time in his job, I left the country for 5 months, he quit his job, I went to University and his father died recently from Cancer. But we got through all those times and looking forward to the future with him. :)
  • MisterGoodBar
    MisterGoodBar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    when i started watching SUITS! i love you Meghan Markle. hahaha. no seriously, im still single so...
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    8th grade and we never really even talked until after college when we
    Started playing racquetball together at the fitness center then working out and now here we are :)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    We met in a chat room in 2001. This guy was arguing with me about something stupid as people tend to do in chat rooms and my ~true love~ ganged up on the other guy with me. We bonded over our mutual dislike. We spent a lot of talking on AIM messenger. Unfortunately we lived far away and were too young to meet in person. We would drift apart but then always talk again until 2004 when we got serious about each other and he came to visit me.

It went great on his visit but a couple of months later we broke up for a month and two months later I packed up and moved to California to be with him. Now it's been almost 7 years of happy times. =)

You are brave but you did it well done :)