*~*When did you meet your true love?*~*

Options

Replies

• EllaNovella
    Options
    *~*~ EVERYONE *~*

I do read and reply to every post :) I'm currently at page 14 so don't worry if I take long :)

Please continue writing in because I'm loving all of your stories!!

xxKissesxx
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I met my husband online, he had a personal ad on Craigslist. Weird, I know! But, he is a God-loving, kind, generous, amazing man. My very best friend :) We dated for 6 months and then got married. I know that sounds crazy and sometimes "quick marriages" get a bad rap in this military lifestyle, but I wouldn't change it for anything else. Marrying him was the best decision I ever made. I feel so lucky to have someone that appreciates me and treats me so well and loves Jesus and is willing to surround our marriage around God :)

You are lucky!! :)
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Year 2000.... He offered to give me a ride to work when my boyfriends car broke down. He was a Star Wars geek, really into comic books and an all around nerd. I feel in love...

12 years and still going strong.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I met my man online and we had arranged for a date in a few days, but ended up meeting up at a coffee shop the Sunday before because neither of us had anything to do. and last night he held my hair and rubbed my back while I threw up in my bestfriends toilet LOL
    Haha at least it worked out!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    In high school. He used to cheat off my papers and pinch my cheeks (I had a really chubby face in high school) and I used to steal his food at lunch. We never dated in high school, we were both dating other people. We hadn't seen each other in about 4 years when he found me on Facebook and we started talking. :) The rest is history

Haha classic disney movie :)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Around February of 2010 on a international pen pal website :)
    I was there trying to learn some Korean and this fellow from Wales sent me a lengthy message and I could tell he had gone to the trouble of reading my entire profile. Normally I just ignored messages from guys who I could tell had ulterior motives, but he was different. He didn't come off as a creep.

It's strange that we still haven't met in person over two years later, but we've both been through a lot with our health. He's battling what I suspect to be severe adrenal fatigue and is trying to regain his health. I'm trying to lose 100+ pounds. We talk nearly every day and often both fall asleep listening to each other. We've been through numerous ups and downs but can't seem to give each other up :P Time will tell but I am very happy right now just having him to talk to and vice versa.

Some people who are all about the physical contact don't understand why I don't choose someone I could see in the flesh on a daily basis. I am not just going to toss out my soul mate because he can't sit across from me at the dinner table or take me to the movies. I don't want to wait forever, but we'll make up for that and then some if we can both overcome our respective challenges. If it doesn't work out, I'll find a way to move on somehow just like everyone else does. But why worry about that when I don't need to?

Great thread, btw :)

I see your point... I also worry that you might wait your life away? Losing weight is awesome but you don't have to put your life on hold... no hate! And thanks :) It's good that you're happy though
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I have known my husband all of my life. We went to the same church, school was on my brothers baseball team. Fast forward I was 20 he was 23 and I needed a date to a wedding. He came into my work ( gas station ) I asked him to go with me and the rest is history. We have been married for 13 years. we got married 9 months after we started to date. We have 3 wonderful kids 12,4,2. He is my best friend. Love him

I'm glad everything worked out... such a long relationship!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    OKCupid.com in 2008.

We met for the first time September 29th that year after sending messages back and forth for about a month. It was an old profile I rarely checked since I wasn't interested in getting into a new relationship at the time. There's a section on the profile page where they ask you who you want to contact you. Since I never took those things seriously, mine said something along the lines of "If you're a pirate, you should definitely contact me."

He opened his message with "Well, I'm not a pirate, but I did just finish writing a game about pirates."

I remember waiting for him outside the restaurant in my car. I was amused when I saw him pull up because we drove the same model car. When I finally met him face to face, I was stunned. He was jaw-droppingly gorgeous. He turned out to be incredibly intelligent, funny, and kind as well. So much so that I was pretty sure it was going to be our first and last date. No way could I keep this guy entertained.

But he kept calling. And we kept seeing each other.

We've been living together for the last 2 and a half years. I know he's planning a proposal because he's terrible at keeping secrets. :laugh:

Haha congrats!! :)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I was living out in New Mexico and had just gotten out of a pretty bad long-term relationship. My sister told me about this "new" website called eHarmony, and told me I should sign up for it. I did...and honestly not to actually meet someone, but as a distraction. I was matched with some very nice guys, but there was really no spark with any of them. In June of 2003, I was matched with a guy out in Tacoma, Washington. He requested communitcation, and we moved through the steps pretty quickly. We started to email, and I loved his writing style. Not only was he a very good writer, he was snarky and sarcastic and made me laugh. We emailed back and forth for a week or two, and then moved on to the phone. Once we started talking on the phone, we didn't stop. This was way before cell phones and home phones had unlimited plans, and we both spent a LOT of money on our phone bills! After three months of talking and emailing constantly, he made the decision to come see me. I knew I liked him, but was still a bit gun shy. I met him at the airport, and saw him coming down to the baggage claim, and my heart stopped. As soon as he put his arms around me, I knew that he was who I was meant to spend my life with.

Fast forward...we have been married 8 years this summer. We have full custody of his three children from his first marriage and have since the first year we were married...their Mom gave up custody - was done being a Mom. We also have a 6 year old son, and and 4 year old daughter, and life couldn't be sweeter. I call him "my knight in slightly tarnished armor," and I fall more in love with him every day. :heart:

Success in online dating again!! A lot of you are doing this! Well done! I'm glad it worked out for all of you! Sounds like a happy family :)x
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    High school, my sophomore his freshman year. it was halloween, and i was the gothic mad hatter. he ws one of the 10 rock/grunge guys in the school. i looked at him, in his black and green tripp pants....he looked at me in my top hat and trench coat. i went to eat in the art room.

Then i walked past him every day for a month. and he started appearing outside my classes when the bell rang. we never said a word.

Until he showed up in the art room at lunch....at which point i said ," oh sh** hes hot, i dont know what to say! hes gonns think im dumb!" so i hid in the bathroom.

He kept coming back. and we finally said hello. he let me share his headphones and we listened to soulfly.

he asked me out and our first date was to see underworld. this december will be 7 years that we have been together, 2 that we jave been engaged. i never thought id marry a stalker. :)

This is one of the cuter stories!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I don't believe in true love.

I met my husband at Disneyland (we both worked there). I hated him for a few months first.

Disneyland, the mother of all places happy-ending-related! x
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    [/quote]

Thank you she now teases me and says why can't you stop talking like when you first saw me. :happy:

By the way this thread has kind of blown up on you :bigsmile:
    [/quote]

Haha why do you say that?
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    :love: 1981.

I don't know what happened...
  • Chelsrf
    Chelsrf Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    We met when I was 15, he was 18 at the bowling alley. We were both bowled in a league there and were also on a traveling league. We dated for 4.5 years and then split up, both got married and had kids. Years went by and now life has intervened and brought us back together again earlier this year. We have now been together for 7 months and together is where we belong.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    1984, my friend begged me to go to this party to meet this guy that they thought was so right for me. ( I had a boyfriend at the time that I was trying to get rid of and was not interested in getting another so soon). I agreed to stop by the party for a little bit, meet him, wasn't thrilled and then the boyfriend i was trying to get rid of comes up the street ( I had told my parents NOT to tell him where I was but they couldn't help themselves) and all my friends were like get on Joe's motorcycle and take off. He was running to the store.....

He asked me out after that and I said no but then saw him go down the street on his bike with another girl and you know how that is, he all of a sudden looked different to me. The next time he called, I went.....three years later we married and tomorrow we celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We were 21 when we got married and we still laugh, act like teenager and live life to it's fullest, we just added our two children to the mix and enjoy every minute of it.....

Haha I think I would have reacted the same way with the girl on the back :wink: Good story!
  • MissC787
    MissC787 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I met my husband when I was 15, and he was 16. I was having some problems at home, and I went to stay with a friend from school.
    He showed up, and knocked on the door. When I answered the door he asked if my friends dad was there. Then he leaned against the banister, smiled, and looked me up and down. I responded with an eye roll, and slamming the door in his face...lol
    That night I was hanging out at my friends house with friends from school. He kept trying to talk to me and I kept pushing him away, and being rude. I had just ended a relationship and wasn't ready for anything. He didn't listen though. He would come over everyday after work to see me, and talk. He was growing on me, and before I knew it we were dating.
    A year and a half later we got married. We have been together for 18yrs, and married for 17yrs. We have three sons together that are growing into young men. I am so very proud of them, and I love them more than I love anything else in life. :)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I haven't...yet. :sad: Either that, or I have met him and missed it somehow. :ohwell: I'm hoping he's still out there somewhere, though.

Same here!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    On the 10th of never. *sigh*

Me too hey... maybe tomorrow? :)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    When I birthed him.

THIS.

June 9, 2003--fell in love with a wee lad...

Then I met ANOTHER true love on June 12, 2006.

THAT time, I fell in love with a little girl.

sigh

:love:

Babies are cute yes!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I haven't met him yet...and at 44 it's not looking likely that I will :(

You can be happy alone (I am and I'm 17) but you're not too old

That's easy to say at 17. People have been saying that to me since I was in my early twenties. Get back to us when you're 30 or older and still single, hun. :wink: I want kids (at least one biological) and my bio clock is ticking loudly. Some would say to just go pick a donor. To them I say, that route is not for me. It's very important in the development of a child to have both parents present and active in their life (provided they are mature, responsible adults with good morals). I want a good daddy to be present and active in the life of OUR child.

It's your choice! Fathers aren't always that great though..