*~*When did you meet your true love?*~*

Options

Replies

• EllaNovella
    Options
    I was 18 and I visited the college I was planning to attend for an overnight stay. In the dining halls he showed up and asked if anyone wanted to go white river rafting and I thought in my head, "Whoa, I am going to marry that man". Then I went to the college and one day we started dancing at a party and then we went to my room and then his room and we stayed up all night just talking. Then we became best friends and did all kinds of crazy adventurous, inventive things together. Then I slowly started to realize from the way he was treating me that he really really loved me. No one had ever treated me that way before. I had never been loved like that before. There was a deep respect and caring between us (I'd never experienced that before). And I started to realize that I really loved him and was extremely attracted to him. There were lots of amazing moments leading up to that. Then I told him that I loved him and he said he had loved me for 2 years. Then we started a romantic relationship. One day he proposed to me on the golden gate bridge and then we danced down the bridge together. We've been happily married for over 12 years now. The love just gets deeper and deeper and we keep the adventure alive as well.

This is a very sweet story! I like that you just "knew" :)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    10 years ago when I was on a trip to PA from CA. He asked "if we ever see eachother again will you go on a date with me?" i said "yes." 8 years later the Coast Guard stationed me in New Jersey and I looked him up on FB. We've been married a little over a year :):love: :heart:

lol cute story. He probably waited :)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    when i was dreaming.

Once upon a dream..
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    When I was 17 and working at Mcdonalds!!!

Haha and now you're on mfp :P Cute story idea
  • chiedo_le_donne212
    chiedo_le_donne212 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    working at buger king in 1996. he was working to. had 2 kids bought a house and got married.( in that order.)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    November 2009. That month, that year...has forever changed my life. My husband and I married November 2010. We are so similar that we understand each other more than anyone could understand either of us. We are spitfires, we love hanging out with each other, and discovering new things with each other.

I feel, and told him, that I use to get extreme anxiety when traveling to new places for fear of being lost and never finding my way back, losing those I love, etc. Now, I tell him that when I am with him, I feel safe and comfortable and can be anywhere and never feel anxiety. Its the truth.

We will be celebrating our 2nd marriage anniversary this November and I couldn't be happier. We've had fights and threats of breaking up, etc but it always gets better. Communication and compromise and two very important qualities to possess when married.

So true! I'm glad it worked out
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Met on the bus - well I saw him on my bus for years, thought he was really nice. Bit geeky, liked to read - kind of like me. I was in a relationship but didn't know anyone else in the town I lived in and knew he lived in my town and wondered whether I could be friends with him if nothing else. One day I tracked him down on Facebook by putting in an authors name of books he often read, the town we live in and where he worked (saw the insignia on his fleece). I was far too shy to break the ice and sit next to him and chat, so sent him a message on FB. He was in a relationship too. After a month of chatting online we spoke in person - we're both pretty shy. We became really good friends, talking on the bus most days. We were both really unhappy in our relationships and tried to help each other out with ideas to make things work with our respective relationships. As time went by I realised the thought of staying with my partner and perhaps one day moving away and never seeing him again made me really upset and I knew I had fallen in love with him. I ended my relationship and some time later he ended his. Nine months after we met we got together. We got married last year and he is my best friend in the whole world.

I love nerds too lol great story :)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    April 24th, 2010.

He added me on facebook because he thought I was "his type" and I thought he was full of it. We didn't talk for a few weeks then I had posted a status about taking a shower with my dog to conserve water and he told me he washed his dogs in the sink. So I pretty much made fun of his tiny flea dogs and we hit it off. He conned me into giving him my number the next day by saying he had to go out but still wanted to talk (and come to find out he didn't go anywhere). So we texted a lot and decided to meet and the first day we hung out from 5pm to 9am in the morning. I knew I liked him but I didn't fall in love until May 31st 2010 when we spent a full day in Hollywood together.

Been together ever since, and he proposed February 21st, 2012

We're getting married April 24th 2013! :]

[PS] One of the little flea dogs I mocked is now one of my best friends.

Haha cute story ! I think this kind of thing actually happens more often than anyone would think
  • fairyT83
    fairyT83 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    When I was 12.

I hated him.

Now there are parts of us that really really love each other. Meow.

Same as this, but we were 16, we hated each other, he set my hair on fire, he grew up and got delicious :wink: 5 years together and very happy. (ditto on the some parts loving each other more hehe)
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    This is a LONG story, but it's pretty cool.

I was 18 and just broke up with my ex (after an insightful trip to Disney World, which I think ultimately saved my life) who was stalking me at the time (this will be a theme later on), so I wasn't looking to date anyone. I was with my ex since I was 14, so I was young, stupid, and made decisions. Whenever I wanted out of the relationship, he threatened to harm himself. Not wanting that over my head, I stayed. A friend of mine knew I was unhappy, and she wanted to set me up on a blind date with someone she worked with who she thought was perfect for me. I declined. This was when I was 17.

During my first year as an undergraduate, I was taking a philosophy class and he (the person I am with now) was sitting in front of me. I liked his coat. LOL! We never talked in class, so I didn't even know what he looked like, just the back of his head and coat.
    We FINALLY met by a pop machine during a fifteen minute break from class. A friend of mine and I were talking to him and another girl, and I discovered we had a mutual love of writing and that we both had a dream of becoming novelists one day, just that we were late going back to class. He and I were talking; then the four of us headed to the elevator to continue talking as we went back to class. After class, my friend pulled me off to the side and was like "wow! I felt the connection between the two of you! You should totally go talk to him again!" I didn't want to because of ongoing issues with my ex. Charlie, he who is my "wuv, true wuv," asked me for my email address. I gave it to him and decorated the piece of paper with pink and yellow highlighter butterflies, which he still has to this day. He and I communicated through email awhile and discussed writing and writing goals. I found myself falling in love with this guy, and I couldn’t wait to correspond with him. The funny thing is, we still had class together, but never talked again in class! Then the emails died down because school was getting busy, so I figured that was that.
    The last day of class, I did manage to talk to him again. I found out he was dating another classmate, so needless to say, things got awkward because I liked him. So I saluted him and ran off! Yea… who salutes people? I went home, and being the teenaged girl I still was, I cried. I ceased contact with him and called it a day. That’s when my ex started to stalk me more and got really crazy with online stalking, too, so my computer was pretty much bugged, too.
    A week after the awkward salute episode, Charlie signed online and onto Yahoo messenger, something he never did. So I saw his name and said “hey, you’re never online!” He was like “you’re always online!” And we tentatively started talking again. And around the same time, my dad had a heart attack. I escaped to my digital art, so I was online all the time anyway while I tried dealing with all the crises in my life, so Charlie signed online, too, to keep me company and to talk. He was going through some stuff, too, since his girlfriend was unhappy and didn’t want to be in a relationship anymore, so he was upset over that. Anywho, long story short here, we talked a lot.
    School started again for the spring semester, and the stalking got worse. My ex somehow found out my class schedule, so he was following me EVERYWHERE and waiting for me after class. I had to keep finding ways so he wouldn’t find me since campus police wouldn’t listen to me. During this time, I kept running into Charlie in weird places around campus, so in a way, it felt like fate was shoving us together. I would still talk to him online after classes. However, my ex hacked my messenger and started communicating with Charlie with disgusting comments about how we were “still together” and that I was playing Charlie (he and I weren’t dating yet), which made Charlie angry at me. :( So we almost stopped talking until he and I were sitting at the library one day signed into his messenger when my ex signed into mine pretending to be me. Both of us changed our emails and messenger names.
    Finally, February 5, 2005 was the fateful day. My ex came up to school to talk to me, and I kept trying to get away from him. I ducked in the bathroom hoping he didn’t see me, but he did. When I thought he was gone, I left the bathroom, and he was standing there; at the same time, Charlie was walking by (and he wasn’t supposed to be there since his grandfather died and he was supposed to be flying to Utah for the funeral; he was there getting his homework for the week). I saw Charlie, and boy was I relieved! I ignored my ex and greeted Charlie, and we started walking to another building. My ex ran up, grabbed me, pinned me against a wall (there were witnesses), and started threatening me. Charlie tackled him off me, which caused the ex to run off threatening to harm himself. Charlie missed his flight; I ditched my classes for the afternoon because I was too shaken up, and we went to have coffee at Starbucks. That was the first time he held my hand, and when he dropped me off back on campus for my art class (my only solace the entire semester), we kissed and it was magic! We were officially a couple.
    A few months later, I ran into my friend who wanted to set me up on a blind date in high school. I introduced her to Charlie.
    “Oh my God! He’s the guy I wanted to set you up with!”
    Small world!
    Charlie and I have been together almost eight years. ;)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Year 2000.... He offered to give me a ride to work when my boyfriends car broke down. He was a Star Wars geek, really into comic books and an all around nerd. I feel in love...

12 years and still going strong.

Haha awesome! Star wars love
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    We met when I was 15, he was 18 at the bowling alley. We were both bowled in a league there and were also on a traveling league. We dated for 4.5 years and then split up, both got married and had kids. Years went by and now life has intervened and brought us back together again earlier this year. We have now been together for 7 months and together is where we belong.

Way to go!
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I thought I found my true love, but I was wrong. Then I thought I found my *real* true love, but I was wrong again. Then I thought I definitely found it this time, but it wasn't it. Then there was this other guy, but nah. I think the third time I thought I found it, it might have been it, but I can't be sure but I don't think I will ever know, and I really want to know, he probably already has a true love. Then I think maybe it was the first guy, but he's a dilhole, so that'd really suck if he was my true love because that ain't happening.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I met my husband when I was 15, and he was 16. I was having some problems at home, and I went to stay with a friend from school.
    He showed up, and knocked on the door. When I answered the door he asked if my friends dad was there. Then he leaned against the banister, smiled, and looked me up and down. I responded with an eye roll, and slamming the door in his face...lol
    That night I was hanging out at my friends house with friends from school. He kept trying to talk to me and I kept pushing him away, and being rude. I had just ended a relationship and wasn't ready for anything. He didn't listen though. He would come over everyday after work to see me, and talk. He was growing on me, and before I knew it we were dating.
    A year and a half later we got married. We have been together for 18yrs, and married for 17yrs. We have three sons together that are growing into young men. I am so very proud of them, and I love them more than I love anything else in life. :)

That's so long! Great!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I haven't met him yet.

me neither!
  • peridot1383
    peridot1383 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    We met in elementary school and actually got voted Class Flirts together in 9th grade! He was about 4'9 and a total punk and I was taller and had started developing. We did not like each other.

Through Facebook, years later we got back in touch and realized we had a mutual LOVE for the New York Giants. Many failed attempts at meeting up to watch a game at a bar later, I asked him to actually go to a game with me when some tickets came available. I kissed him in the 3rd quarter and its been on ever since.

We are getting married February 1, 2013 :)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Haven't found her yet....still looking...

Good luck! :)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Feb 19 2006 :love: :love: :love:

Cool... was 11 haha
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    13 Dec 2003 :). We were both 19. We were married 3 months later, and our oldest daughter was born 9 months later (almost to the day, LOL). We are both more in love than ever! :)
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Back in 1991 when I was 18 and he was 20. Got engaged the same year and married in 1995. Happily married and very much in love 21 years later. Not only my true love but my soulmate.

Same as me - but I was 20 and you were 18 !

xxx
    AWWWWEEEE :) That totally made me swoon haha That's so sweet!

AWwww!!