Replies

• petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I do :)
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i'm the same i could munch on them all day. what helped me is putting them in my yogurt with some cinnamon. totally filling! in fact i had that today at work lol.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I can. With discipline. But if I'm having a cheat day, watch out!

14877786.png
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Precisely why I stopped eating them. Way too many calories for being so unsatisfying.
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I find boxer briefs to be more supportive than boxers, but more comfortable than briefs.

Thank god I'm not the only one that thought this thread was about something else! lmao...
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Who can seriously eat only a serving size (1/4 cup) of nuts? Seriously.

"Hmm ... 6 almonds really hit the spot! My tummy is satisfied!" - said nobody ever
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I don't like putting my nut butter down after only 2 tbls. either...

Mmmm...cashew butter.

Does Nutella count as nut butter?

::off to google Nutella serving size::

I have never tried nutella because it has something like 26 grams of sugar per serving! No way. I'm hypoglycemic and that just does not work for me. So, based on that amount of sugar I'd say, not a nut butter. But man, I love peanut butter and sunflower seed butter and almond butter is good too!
  • gracieabem
    gracieabem Posts: 211
    Options
    I'm actually ok with the portion sizes of nuts, but I do weigh and prepare them up in snack bags. I eat them really slowly and enjoy them. I usually have a mix of walnuts and almonds or a raw/dry roasted mixed bag.

Peanut butter on the other hand...
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    The Blue diamond almonds are 28 nuts per serving.
    I'm a sucker for the smokehouse almonds.
  • hilarytwilary
    hilarytwilary Posts: 17 Member
    Options
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I can't stop putting nuts in my mouth :laugh:

Win!
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I can eat only 7 or 14g. Which is 1/4 or 1/2 of a normal serving. 28g is my serving size.
    In fact I rarely ever eat a whole serving. They're good, but not amazing to me. I only eat them when I need to get my cals up.
  • clumsygermangurl
    Options
    I get bags of pistachios and almonds. When i get them home, I put a serving size in a snack size ziplock. When it's time to pack my meals for the day, just grab the snack bag. :smile:

That's what I do as well.

I do that too!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    So I clicked this thread because my mind was totally in the gutter. I am sure I'm not the only one. I was thinking "Yeah me to, mine are on my chest instead of between my legs" LOL.

Now on topic. I love nuts, Almonds are my favorite, and peanut butter OMG!
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    So I clicked this thread because my mind was totally in the gutter. I am sure I'm not the only one. I was thinking "Yeah me to, mine are on my chest instead of between my legs" LOL.

Now on topic. I love nuts, Almonds are my favorite, and peanut butter OMG!

I thought the same thing with the title. lol I'm addicted to peanut butter! I eat it every day. But nuts by themselves aren't the best to me. I'm mean they're not bad, but not the greatest thing either.
  • jacksagod
    jacksagod Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    my problem is the pistachios and cashews. not enough in one serving!!!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I get bags of pistachios and almonds. When i get them home, I put a serving size in a snack size ziplock. When it's time to pack my meals for the day, just grab the snack bag. :smile:

I do 1 oz each of pecans and cashews. Its 370 calories, 13g carbs, 8g protein and 4g fiber. I also portion them out when I get home from the store.
  • tatorb
    tatorb Posts: 16
    Options
    Remember, peanuts are not actually nuts, they are legumes. :) Just thought I'd share that.
  • andrewlazenby
    Options

Me.
    But nuts is not a "snack alone" food. It MUST be paired with something. Apple, watermelon, banana, carrots, broccoli, etc; some kind of carb.
    But it's important also to be eating UNSALTED nuts in the first place because sodium on the tongue is going to trigger a "I'm still hungry" response and you're going to put more in your mouth. Sure unsalted nuts aren't that tasty, but why are you eating for flavor instead of for your goal in the first place?

Because I want to enjoy eating? Not simply stoke the fire...
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options

I eat somewhere between 1/8 cup to 1/4 cup of nuts per day... It makes me full.