What do you think about Interracial relationships?

Options

Replies

• tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    <
    The result of an interracial marriage

I hate interracial dating!!! Don't do it!!! You might end up with "nature's photoshop" (Happy Endings). :laugh:
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Without having read the entire thread (don't have time to read 17 pages!), I'm going to chime in. As a Christian, I've always heard other Christians use scripture to say that interracial marriage is wrong. They use the Old Testament passages where God instructed the Israelites not to intermarry with the other countries around them. However, this is a twisted use of that scripture. God didn't want the Israelites to marry those who would bring idolatry into their midst. It had NOTHING to do with skin color (and don't let anyone tell you did!). I think that if a couple loves each other enough to make a strong marriage and raise a family, then who cares what color their skin is? I would even marry someone from another culture if he shared my religious beliefs (that's the most important thing to me). It's a shame to me that many Christian churches still segregate so much (anyone see the story in the news recently where a church refused to allow a black/white couple to marry in their church?).

I wish we could get to a point where we see PEOPLE instead of skin color. I personally think there is only one race...the HUMAN race.

Well said. I agree. And for the record Jesus is not white with brown hair and green eyes. He is darker skinned. A lot of people will be quite upset when they stand before him.
  • ChgingMe
    Options
    I know the people who fear globalization and black helicopters might disagree with me, but I think a blended world with a single race--the human race--would be a better one.

Yes, there would be homogenization of some distinct cultures and beautiful racial characteristics of all kinds, but I think the world would be less shattered. Maybe, that's a naive hope, and the peace and harmony I wish for would get ruined by new differences created by people.

I remember a magazine cover with a face that was graphically created by blending all the races into it: it was a beautiful face!

Would never work. Light skinned blacks hate dark skinned blacks and vice versa in many cases. Gabby Douglas wins gold and all we can talk about as a race is her hair... Hatin on success. So one race would never work..
  • ChgingMe
    Options
    I am going to dip my toe into this. I know I will probably get shunned, but so be it.

I do not have an issue with interracial relationships. What ever makes you happy. But I am a hypocrite when it comes down to 1 thing. At this point in time ( My daughter is 2) I would not approve of her dating someone that their race was something other than white. I know I am a bad person. I just would be very disappointed in my daughter. I will not tell her as she is growing up that it is wrong, or that I would be mad at her. If someone makes her happy, that is fine, it would just take time for me to adjust to it. I was raised in a house that I was NEVER to bring a boyfriend who was anything other than white home. My parent's are NOT racist. They have black friends, but they were raised that way as well.

This is just my 2 cents.

Let's say your daughter is being pursued by two men:

One has no education, a dead-end job and while he's a nice enough person, he drinks a little too much.

The other is Harvard-educated, makes a six-figure income and treats your daughter like gold.

Guy #1 is white. Guy #2 is black.

Which do you hope she chooses?

I'm sure its the black guy. It will be like the OJ Simpson case. Everyone knew he was beating Nicole. But it was apparently okay because he had money and was supporting the family. Then when he killed her they all suddenly had issue with the abuse. Releasing the pics of Nicole battered and bruised. Money will help some overlook many things. Race being one of them. Abuse being another

Let me also claify. I believe that they were ok with the abuse because they knew about it and continued to take his money and allow him to be apart of their family

Where in my example did I say the guy beat anyone? It says, "treats her like gold." Do you beat your gold?

I'm using OJ as an example of how wealth helps people overlook many things. You said he was wealthy. OJ was wealthy and because of it Nicoles family over looked many things. If the choice for this woman was a poor white guy or a wealthy black one she would most likely put aside her racism for the money like OJ's family put aside the abuse for the money. Nothing more.
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    So your telling me that if your son/daughter came home with a murderer/sex offender you would welcome him with open arms.

And please do not assume I am stating that white people are the higher race, this is not what I am insinuating. If it is something you are not use to, its going to take some time to adjust. That is all.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I know the people who fear globalization and black helicopters might disagree with me, but I think a blended world with a single race--the human race--would be a better one.

Yes, there would be homogenization of some distinct cultures and beautiful racial characteristics of all kinds, but I think the world would be less shattered. Maybe, that's a naive hope, and the peace and harmony I wish for would get ruined by new differences created by people.

I remember a magazine cover with a face that was graphically created by blending all the races into it: it was a beautiful face!

Would never work. Light skinned blacks hate dark skinned blacks and vice versa in many cases. Gabby Douglas wins gold and all we can talk about as a race is her hair... Hatin on success. So one race would never work..

I remember a classroom experiment where kids were told they belonged to a certain group based on eye-color. One had a privileged status and the other did not based upon this arbitrary trait of eye-color. Sure enough, the worst aspects of discrimination appeared in this experiment. I'd like to think we could get past this sort of thing.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    So your telling me that if your son/daughter came home with a murderer/sex offender you would welcome him with open arms.

And please do not assume I am stating that white people are the higher race, this is not what I am insinuating. If it is something you are not use to, its going to take some time to adjust. That is all.

How can you compare a CHOICE that a person made versus skin color in which we have no control on skin color, eye color, hair color, etc.

You are trying to compare apples to oranges, which is no where in the same category.

I might be taken aback if my son / daughter came home with a dog and said it was their fiance / fiancee..........but as long as they are HUMAN it would not bother me a bit.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options

Boy am I sorry for giving you the benefit of the doubt on your previous comment. You obviously did NOT deserve it. You have some SERIOUS issues lady. Comparing your daughter dating a murderer/sex offender to her dating a person of a different race is SICK, SICK thinking. You need help for that malignancy in your soul.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options

How can you compare a CHOICE that a person made versus skin color in which we have no control on skin color, eye color, hair color, etc.

You are trying to compare apples to oranges, which is no where in the same category.

I might be taken aback if my son / daughter came home with a dog and said it was their fiance / fiancee..........but as long as they are HUMAN it would not bother me a bit.

Sad-dog-face.jpeg
  • Williamj
    Williamj Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Interracial, same-sex, trans-gender, etc etc...
    Could care less. We're all humans, and life is to short for those kinds of emotions.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I think they are fine. :smile:
    I wasn't aware it could still be a issue for some people.
    Its the year 2012 I thought we had progressed from a very old insane way of thinking...
    Glad you found your sweetheart.. Don't let anyone influence you against loving the man of your dreams, no matter matter what color... Beige is the new white. Heeee. I'm Off-White... Heeee.... But Armenian & German decent....

Have a nice day. :wink:
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Having dated two supposedly "good" black guys and being treated terribly, cheated on, and beat, (was also raped by a black man) I can attest that I would never date another black man again. I don't care if it sounds racist or if I am racist. Even the most respected CO officers at the jail brag about white women being their trophy. I don't care if I catch a whole rash of s#!t for it either. Everyone here is titled to their opinion and the bandwagon all agrees its so "beautiful" and "great" and I could care less to join that bandwagon. I am sticking to my views and opinion and there's nothing wrong with it.

So you just perpetuate a stereotype.

So you think White men won't beat you or cheat you.

That has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE, but the TYPE and QUALITY of the man you choose to be with.

I was raped by 2 guys, one white and the other hispanic. That never skewed my mind to say I wouldn't date a particular man due to those reasons above.

There is something wrong with being racist. It is ignorant and disgusting. If you feel like now, then you were always racist, it is just coming out now.

SMH

Yeah, I can tell you that there are *kitten* in every race. Can I say that all white guys are lazy moochers who will eventually cheat on you with a younger version of yourself?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

You're comparing a murderer/sex offender to people of a different race? Did you seriously type that? Do you have some kind of condition we need to know about?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I am going to dip my toe into this. I know I will probably get shunned, but so be it.

I do not have an issue with interracial relationships. What ever makes you happy. But I am a hypocrite when it comes down to 1 thing. At this point in time ( My daughter is 2) I would not approve of her dating someone that their race was something other than white. I know I am a bad person. I just would be very disappointed in my daughter. I will not tell her as she is growing up that it is wrong, or that I would be mad at her. If someone makes her happy, that is fine, it would just take time for me to adjust to it. I was raised in a house that I was NEVER to bring a boyfriend who was anything other than white home. My parent's are NOT racist. They have black friends, but they were raised that way as well.

This is just my 2 cents.

Let's say your daughter is being pursued by two men:

One has no education, a dead-end job and while he's a nice enough person, he drinks a little too much.

The other is Harvard-educated, makes a six-figure income and treats your daughter like gold.

Guy #1 is white. Guy #2 is black.

Which do you hope she chooses?

I'm sure its the black guy. It will be like the OJ Simpson case. Everyone knew he was beating Nicole. But it was apparently okay because he had money and was supporting the family. Then when he killed her they all suddenly had issue with the abuse. Releasing the pics of Nicole battered and bruised. Money will help some overlook many things. Race being one of them. Abuse being another

Let me also claify. I believe that they were ok with the abuse because they knew about it and continued to take his money and allow him to be apart of their family

Where in my example did I say the guy beat anyone? It says, "treats her like gold." Do you beat your gold?

I'm using OJ as an example of how wealth helps people overlook many things. You said he was wealthy. OJ was wealthy and because of it Nicoles family over looked many things. If the choice for this woman was a poor white guy or a wealthy black one she would most likely put aside her racism for the money like OJ's family put aside the abuse for the money. Nothing more.

I think you COMPLETELY missed the point of my post.
  • stillthesamegirl
    stillthesamegirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Having dated two supposedly "good" black guys and being treated terribly, cheated on, and beat, (was also raped by a black man) I can attest that I would never date another black man again. I don't care if it sounds racist or if I am racist. Even the most respected CO officers at the jail brag about white women being their trophy. I don't care if I catch a whole rash of s#!t for it either. Everyone here is titled to their opinion and the bandwagon all agrees its so "beautiful" and "great" and I could care less to join that bandwagon. I am sticking to my views and opinion and there's nothing wrong with it.

That has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE, but the TYPE and QUALITY of the man you choose to be with.

I was raped by 2 guys, one white and the other hispanic. That never skewed my mind to say I wouldn't date a particular man due to those reasons above.

There is something wrong with being racist. It is ignorant and disgusting. If you feel like now, then you were always racist, it is just coming out now.

SMH

Yeah, I can tell you that there are *kitten* in every race. Can I say that all white guys are lazy moochers who will eventually cheat on you with a younger version of yourself?

Wow.. Clearly you are choosing the wrong men period.. You cannot judge an entire race based on some of your personal experiences. If people did that with white people, the whole world would hate white people.. SO ridiculous to say something like that.. ... Dating anyone there will be good and bad relationships...
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options

SMH

Wow.. Clearly you are choosing the wrong men period.. You cannot judge an entire race based on some of your personal experiences. If people did that with white people, the whole world would hate white people.. SO ridiculous to say something like that.. ... Dating anyone there will be good and bad relationships...

I know she can't, but after going through all that, I don't really blame her for feeling that way. I don't agree with it, but I'm not going to demonize her after those traumatic experiences.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    377238_3304224339420_848939325_n-1.jpg
  • stillthesamegirl
    stillthesamegirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options

SMH

I know she can't, but after going through all that, I don't really blame her for feeling that way. I don't agree with it, but I'm not going to demonize her after those traumatic experiences.

Ofcourse it's horrible and no one deserves it. I am truly sorry you had to go through that. But I also feel black men as a whole don't deserve to be put down based on the men that have done that to her.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Also, children born to interracial couples tend to be really, really ridiculously good looking.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options

SMH

I don't know if that was directed towards me, but I was being sarcastic. I love white guys even though the ones I've dated turned out to be *kitten*.