What do you think about Interracial relationships?

Options

Replies

• Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    As a Libertarian, I would never judge you for your relationship choice.. But from my own experience, relationships are hard enough without the additional burden of the clash of cultures.. Relationships definitely involve more than just the two of you.. There's the extended family on both sides. As we all know, EVERY family has those busybody types that feel they can get in your business "because they love you"...

And then there's the possibility of the children that may result.. To which culture do they belong?..

Please dont assume that I'm xenophobic in any way..

I'm just trying to point out that you're really adding a layer of difficulty to your lives by building a relationship with someone from ANOTHER COUNTRY... :-)

The kids could be so messed up they become President...
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    As a Libertarian, I would never judge you for your relationship choice.. But from my own experience, relationships are hard enough without the additional burden of the clash of cultures.. Relationships definitely involve more than just the two of you.. There's the extended family on both sides. As we all know, EVERY family has those busybody types that feel they can get in your business "because they love you"...

And then there's the possibility of the children that may result.. To which culture do they belong?..

Please dont assume that I'm xenophobic in any way..

I'm just trying to point out that you're really adding a layer of difficulty to your lives by building a relationship with someone from ANOTHER COUNTRY... :-)

Allow me to dispel your concern...I don't feel confused or torn by a cultural/racial line. Thank you for your concern though.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I don't think anything about interracial relationships. I didn't know they were something people had opinions on. Maybe they're more of a big deal in North America than in the UK.

I've wondered the same. Although I've come across racism here, I've not seen much directed against couples.
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    My partner is Nigerian (Black) and I'm UK white - we've been together for 14 years and have 2 children. I don't see people for the colour of their skin or the religious beliefs. I judge people on who they are.

x

Edit: I have a friend from Mauritius (Indian) and her husband is white UK and another friend who is mixed (Mam white, dad African Black) and she is with a white guy. And another friend who is Chinese who is also with a white guy. Maybe that's my circle of friends - I don't give a damn - they don't give a damn. We see people for who they actually are, not skin colour etc.

some people who do think it's a 'terrible thing' should grow up and stop being so naive!

x
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    i think it's cool ;D
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    The one they grew up in. And they would have the heritage of both. This is incredibly ignorant.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is black and ofcourse, I am white.. And to make us even more "different" I am from Canada and he is from the US. I feel like so many people are judgemental of us. And assume, I am a trashy white girl and he is a ghetto black guy. This is not the case. He is educated and may dress a certain way, but is far from what people perceive him to be. I'm so tired of people judging our relationship based on our difference in cultures. I see him as a person, I don't think of the color of his skin everyday. What do you all feel about interracial relationships? Have you ever been in one or are you in one? And by interracial, I obviously don't just mean black and white relationships.

People are idiots.
  • TallCurvyMuscles
    Options
    who cares what people think, enjoy your life
  • Nicole_Altieri
    Nicole_Altieri Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think my pic explains it all.
  • cutiepieinchi
    Options
    Race doesnt matter to me :)
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    If two people are happy and in love, it doesn't matter what race, color, creed, political affiliation or sexual orientation they possess.

Amen brother!
  • Karenannmo
    Karenannmo Posts: 118
    Options
    I couldn't have said it better!!!
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    It's a shame that in this day and age, it's even a question. Regardless of skin color, we are all human. We all bleed red. I have not been in an interracial relationship myself, I feel it's just as natural as any other relationship. You shouldn't even has to ask or think about it!
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Only time it annoys me when i see a white girl with a black guy is if the black guy thinks he's a thug but if he acts like a normal person than i dont have a problem with it
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Two people in love = cute.

Who cares what the biggots say? Enjoy it and screw them! :)
  • wattsj56
    wattsj56 Posts: 94
    Options
    As long as anyone is happy I don't care who they are with :). I think y'all are cute :)
  • dreamsofescaping
    dreamsofescaping Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    The only thing that makes us all the same is the fact that we are all different, and we are all pink on the inside. I love culture! I love different skin tones. I have mostly always dated brown/black men. Plus mixed race babies are SOOOOO darn cute!
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with it. I'm too in a interracial relationship. I'm white and my bf is black. It's been the best relationship i've ever had. 7 years and more in love than before. We act like teenagers. lol

Don't worry about what other people think. It's your life and you have to life with your choices. If any man of any race is a good man.. Keep him and don't let him go!
  • MissC787
    MissC787 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I dated black, mexican, and married white. Like so many others have stated.... "It doesn't matter what your race if you are truely in love." Opinions are like a**h*les.... Everyone has one.
    If it works for you love your man, and live happily ever after. ;)
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Though I've never been in a relationship with someone of a different racial background to myself, I have absolutely no issues with others dating people who are different races to them. I honestly wonder why anyone WOULD have a problem with it. What does it matter? If you don't want to date someone of a different race to you, then don't. But why the hell should you care if someone else does?

Fundamentally, we're all exactly the same on the inside. That's what it all boils down to. It doesn't matter what we look like, we're all the same god damn species - homo sapiens. Seriously, if you don't believe me, look on Wikipedia. You don't see Tabby cats refusing to mate with black-and-white cats do you?

We are all human. And if you don't understand that, well, you must be really stupid.