Maple Syrup Diet?

Options

Replies

• happythermia
    Options
    There is no quick fix! Just keep doing what you're doing and have fun on your trip
  • Crazyjoe11
    Options
    Eat bugs. Low in calories and at least you get some protein.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

:noway:

But having said that....there is a tasty looking spider in the corner of the room.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Eating only 500 cal of anything will make you lose weight. You could in essence just as easily go on a Twinkie diet and get the same results. Now why anyone would want to do that...well that's beyond me.

good luck!

whats a twinkle diet ? x

Eat any old junk as long as you stick under your calories basically. Not healthy but works, like the maple syrup diet.

hmm no thats naughty lol xx

So's the Maple Syrup Diet! I also contains nothing of any nutritional value. You may as well eat your calories in chocolate.

Seriously, if you really want to restrict yourself to the calories that diet gives you, do it with healthy food, not sugar water or you'll feel like crap when your holiday comes around.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Enjoy that :noway:
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I don't trust any cleanse. It's mostly just water weight. You'll gain it back. Just eat more healthy, and take control of your portions. It's not that hard =)
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Did I hear something about Twinkie's???? mmmmm now thats my kind of diet well with an occasional ding dong or cupcake...LOL
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Why, why would you do that?
    Good luck with it......
  • AliMariesDad
    Options

yeah, but it wouldn't taste nearly as good - unless they're chocolate coated, of course. =)
  • polkadotty88
    polkadotty88 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    thank you. i was planning on eating cereil too xx

then what's the point?

because i dont want to go entirely without food..........
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Much more sensible advice than any of the "fad diets" you see people asking about here.

Fad diets don't work. They're not healthy, they're not sensible and may be harmful.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Is this a joke? The diet sounds ridiculous and you're not sticking to it anyway if you're eating cereal too. You're crazy. The end.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options

then what's the point?

i realize that, but then what would the point of doing the "fast" be if you're going to be negating any "results" that may be seen from it by eating?
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    ok, let's break it down, the Maple syrup diet gives you around 900 calories a day, you're adding 2 bowls of cereal with milk. You'll be taking in around 1200 calories a day, why not do that with proper food instead of something that's going to make you feel like crap?
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options

then what's the point?

Right, because THAT would be insane.
  • BiscuitsNDavy
    BiscuitsNDavy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Silly syrup.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    You would have better luck going low carb for the next 2 weeks. You'll still lose mostly (if not only) water weight, but you would actually get to eat. Basically the exact same result.

The "master cleanse" is a big load of BS.

I don't agree with the Atkins (lo-carb) method either, but it's certainly safer than living on lemonade.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Eating only 500 cal of anything will make you lose weight. You could in essence just as easily go on a Twinkie diet and get the same results. Now why anyone would want to do that...well that's beyond me.

good luck!

whats a twinkle diet ? x

Eat any old junk as long as you stick under your calories basically. Not healthy but works, like the maple syrup diet.

hmm no thats naughty lol xx

Actually it's not. It's more nutrionally sound than the maple syrup diet.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I am going on holiday a week on sunday. Have been going nice and steady with a diet but now it's crunch time and im looking for a quick fix. No lectures please! Basically i want to try the maple syrup diet but instead of eating nothing with it, im going to eat 2 bowls of cereil with it. Has anyone tried this diet, and did it work for you? I have 11 days until my hols xxxxx

sounds silly to me. I like syrup and all, but milk works much better on cereal.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    are you trolling????

seriously, if you are interested in having the best body possible, then eat clean!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    ok, let's break it down, the Maple syrup diet gives you around 900 calories a day, you're adding 2 bowls of cereal with milk. You'll be taking in around 1200 calories a day, why not do that with proper food instead of something that's going to make you feel like crap?

^^This.

Depending on the cereal and milk, you'll probably be getting close to 1300-1400 calories per day. Why not just eat veggies and water for 2 weeks? Less calories, more food.
This discussion has been closed.