Replies

• Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    1746885_o.gif
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Try using some common sense. If you're going to eat almost nothing, don't make it be almost purely sugar. At least eat protein and some fat to stay alive. Or don't do idiotic fad diets in the first place.

How much weight can you really lose in 11 days anyway? If you ate nothing, maybe 5lbs? Whoopie! And you'll probably put 10 back on once you start eating again from being so famished.

How do people even come up with this garbage?
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I am going on holiday a week on sunday. Have been going nice and steady with a diet but now it's crunch time and im looking for a quick fix. No lectures please! Basically i want to try the maple syrup diet but instead of eating nothing with it, im going to eat 2 bowls of cereil with it. Has anyone tried this diet, and did it work for you? I have 11 days until my hols xxxxx

I dont have to lecture you because this is just dumb ..
  • ErnestinesMom
    Options
    This thread is very entertaining. :heart: :drinker: :heart:
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    It's a very bad idea. It's too late to be 'bikini ready' or however you envisioned yourself for your holiday. Suck it up, eat right, exercise and drink lot's of water. Go on vacation and ENJOY!! This is a lifestyle so when you get back you'll have plenty of time to reach your goals for your next holiday. And quite frankly....going on some funky weird diet that involves such a drastic change from your normal diet is likely to give you the sh*ts or some other horrible gastric issues... wouldn't that be fun on holiday. Be smart, eat smart!
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    liquid diebeetus!
  • flag91
    flag91 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just keep in mind that with starving your body, you may drop weight, but it's doubtful the bulk of it is fat. When you're body goes into starvation, it breaks down your muscles first for nutrients because you aren't supplying enough of it....or any in the case of this diet. That means that you can damage your vital organs, like your heart because it's a muscle, and you will end up flabbier anyway since it's not all fat that you lost. And when you try to rebound and get back to a healthier you, it will be harder because your metabolism will be in a slump from being in starvation mode and losing muscle, and you'll have to build back up the muscle you lost which is what gives you the shape and tone that you are looking for. Good luck deciding! :smile:
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    ok, let's break it down, the Maple syrup diet gives you around 900 calories a day, you're adding 2 bowls of cereal with milk. You'll be taking in around 1200 calories a day, why not do that with proper food instead of something that's going to make you feel like crap?

^^This.

Depending on the cereal and milk, you'll probably be getting close to 1300-1400 calories per day. Why not just eat veggies and water for 2 weeks? Less calories, more food.

bump!

add in a bit of high intensity exercise then you'll be on for proper loss. What will most likely happen, OP, is that as soon as you eat and drink clean and proper again you'll gain like a mother! Then complain MFP 'doesn't work' o_O
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I've never really understood why people crash diet before a vacation. You want to look your best for a bunch of people you're never likely to see again?
  • snowdrop_diva
    snowdrop_diva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    That's a REAL thing???
    I thought that was just a joke on Glee. WOw.

I'm seriously not sure that is the way to go, I agree with the ones suggesting eating clean.

http://www.afterelton.com/TV/recaps/glee/116?page=last,1

glee116img11.jpg
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ...How do people even come up with this garbage?
    Desperation.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    honestly, its ridiculous and is probably the LAST thing you want to do before going on vacation. you're going to be lethargic and feel pretty terrible. great way to feel when going on vacation, huh?

if you want to shed some quick weight (which is just going to be water weight, and MAYBE like 1/2 pound that is not water weight if you're leaving on Sunday) then eat clean, drink plenty of water, and cut carbs. i realize people may jump on me for that, but you'll lose water weight, and you'll also be able to at least get some good nutrition.

however, dropping weight by either your proposed method or by what i recommended above, within 2 days of vacation, it'll all be back unless you stick to it while on vacation. and what's the point of that?!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I've never really understood why people crash diet before a vacation. You want to look your best for a bunch of people you're never likely to see again?

^^^^lol this is so true! heck...let's go to the nude beach, who cares what a bunch of strangers think:wink:
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options

Confuses me too xD it's when I look my worst and slob out! It's time to relax after all :D
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    thank you. i was planning on eating cereil too xx

then what's the point?

because i dont want to go entirely without food..........

WHY NOT????? that sounds like the best way to do it...guarenteed to lose your 2 stone!!!!
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I do the Master Cleanse twice per year. It's not about weightloss. It's about cleaning out your digestive system of undigested waste and THAT is where the weightloss comes from. The human digestive system can have up to 20lbs of waste just sitting around in there and the more processed foods you have the more nasty it will be for you.

Yes you need to force the bowel movements with the saltwater rinse, but I don't advise it in the morning and don't plan anything else for about 2 hours..... or it could get messy....

I cleanse is approx 115 calories....
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    liquid diebeetus!

No
  • chiera88
    chiera88 Posts: 155
    Options
    Eat bugs. Low in calories and at least you get some protein.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I LOVE THIS RESPONSE!
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    Seriously?
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    My coworker did this, lost 11 lbs in 2 weeks, and gained it back (and then some) in less than 2 weeks. She said she had to get up an extra early every morning because of the "laxative effects" she experienced, so that she could still get to work on time and not be "stuck on the toilet." She felt nauseous the entire time, as well as irritable, tired, and weak.

How something that doesn't work (except during the time you're feeling like crap and living on a toilet) is worth it is beyond me. But I bet people are reading and thinking "hell yeah, I'm trying it anyway!" Ugh.
This discussion has been closed.