Maple Syrup Diet?

Replies

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    OP's profile says she wants "to become healthier and fitter."

LOL.

But honestly it saddens me that people out there actually think this is a good idea.
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Wait a minute ...
    *looks around*
    Am I being Punk'd here???
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    1746885_o.gif

I AM ALL THAT IS MAN!

I tried this once a few years back. You'll be hungry. You'll be fatigued. You'll be emotional and whatever weight you lose is likely to come back as soon as you stop it. WHY do you need to do this?
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    ... might as well just go on the gum chewing diet.

exactly. this sounds so beyond pointless it's not even funny. Have you heard of the candy bar diet? I'm gonna do that.

grr.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    OP's profile says she wants "to become healthier and fitter."

LOL.

But honestly it saddens me that people out there actually think this is a good idea.

I noticed that! Hence a comment asking if she realised how hypocritical she is.
  • KristinArredondo
    KristinArredondo Posts: 127 Member
    I have done it before....i would really not recommend it at all. Its costly, for one thing. Second thing and final thing.......IT IS GROSS, UNHEALTHY, COMES BACK IMMEDIATELY....AND WORST OF ALL...YEAH SURE YOU MIGHT LOSE 5 POUNDS IN A WEEK, BUT GUESS WHAT??? YOU SEE NO RESULTS. I'VE DONE IT...NO BUENO.
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    I have done the Master Cleanse (Maple Syrup Diet) If you do your research you will find that salt water in the morning is a vital part of it. It is a cleanse and drinking salt water in the morning helps to flush the body. Also eating cereal while doing it is not a good idea. The first 2-3 days of the cleanse are hard as you will feel hungry but that will go away. It won't though if you will continue eating. So you have to decide if you just want to eat super low cal or do the Cleanse properly.
    Also if you should decide for it make sure not to use the normal supermarket maple syrup. You need a pure and natural one that is available in health food stores as the normal one is just full of sugar and you don't want that.

Overall I would NOT recommend you doing it! If you want to do it as a fast/cleanse fair enough but it is not suited for weight loss. I did it as I wanted to cleanse my body when I became vegetarian. By the end of the 10 days I craved all sorts of food and you will regain all the weight lost. Do you really want to gain all the weight while on holidays? I know you don't want to be lectured but I am sure you will only regret it. Just accept where you are now in your weight loss journey and enjoy your holiday!
  • MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    UNHEALTHY unhealthy unhealthy. can cause diabetes. fad diets never work.
  • trishp95
    trishp95 Posts: 18 Member
    I have tried it and yes it does work. I eat salad ( no meat) when I use it. I have followed the recipe but what I like most is vibrant cleanse. It is convenient; all you do is add water. The longest I've used it is 10 days at a time. I hope this helps. Good luck!!!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    In the few months I have been on here.
    I have seen some sad, desperate situations here.
    This is one of them.

Patience, eat at a deficit as recommended, move your butt.
    Pretty simple.
  • graciousdove
    graciousdove Posts: 28 Member
    If it's what I am thinking of (lemon, water, maple syrup, cayenne pepper) I have tried it two different times and both times did not work for me. I felt miserable the entire time and when I did start eating solid food, I felt so sick afterwards because my body wasn't use to solid food. My boyfriend at the time started doing research into it and he found nothing good about it. I do not suggest it at all, and for a quick fix, I would suggest something else, either the Cabbage Soup Diet or the Daniel Fast. Good Luck, I understand how you feel right now!
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    In the few months I have been on here.
    I have seen some sad, desperate situations here.
    This is one of them.

Patience, eat at a deficit as recommended, move your butt.
    Pretty simple.

The worst thing about it is it's all over a petty holiday! Honestly! OP, you've had how long to get your *kitten* in gear over this? I started THIS year to get a bikini body for 2014!!
  • fletchleg
    fletchleg Posts: 116 Member
    'no lectures please' and you post something like this on here? What do you expect to get, 'go for it!''. You'll be much better off just carrying on with your usual calories and maybe doing a quick lot of insanity or something similar.

My sister did this diet when she was a teenager, she lost a lot of weight very quickly, then came off it and gained it all back even quicker. She switched to healthy eating/calorie counting and Zumba 3/4 times a week and lost about 3 stone and has kept it off for 3 years! Says a lot really.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Eating only 500 cal of anything will make you lose weight. You could in essence just as easily go on a Twinkie diet and get the same results. Now why anyone would want to do that...well that's beyond me.

good luck!

whats a twinkle diet ? x

Ok... are you a troll?
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,238 Member
    srsly you wont look any different anyway..why the rush? if you procrastinated about being healthy and losing weight, do it when you get back. Buy some flattering outfits and cut the bull****

Jules:flowerforyou:
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    The human digestive system can have up to 20lbs of waste just sitting around in there and the more processed foods you have the more nasty it will be for you.

Uh... no. Not unless you have an underlying medical condition, in which case you should be seeing a doctor about it.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    I don't even know what's going on in here but would like to add that I could have lived on maple syrup when I was pregnant. Only thing I ever wanted.

I stopped weighing myself at 210lbs.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Been there, done that. It works but when I finished with it I ended up gaining more than what I wanted to lose in the first place. But good luck if you want to try it
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    I do the Master Cleanse twice per year. It's not about weightloss. It's about cleaning out your digestive system of undigested waste and THAT is where the weightloss comes from. The human digestive system can have up to 20lbs of waste just sitting around in there and the more processed foods you have the more nasty it will be for you.

Yes you need to force the bowel movements with the saltwater rinse, but I don't advise it in the morning and don't plan anything else for about 2 hours..... or it could get messy....

I cleanse is approx 115 calories....

Why exactly do you need to 'clean out' your digestive system with something like this? The body is an amazing thing and can do it all by itself, especially if you eat a decent amount of fibre and fat, which this so called cleanse does not even allow for (hence the need for the saltwater rinse)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    cereal?
This discussion has been closed.