Inappropriate work attire...*shudder*

Options
15678911»

Replies

• Karenmm1960
    Karenmm1960 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hard one to answer, as I have been there. Have you mentioned it to her, is this the only item she wears that is inappropiate for the office. I would mention it to her and if she continues then mention it to HR. It seems like there is no longer a dress code when it comes to office attire and everyone just wears what they want regardless of the image that it puts forward to customers.
    Really people there are some clothes that are for when you are not working and you can lounge around at home comfortably. I really don't need to see others underwear, boobs or any other part of a person anotamy.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Go to HR.

You dont go to HR because of a sweater..come on people, chill.

Precisely this. My work attire would horrify you, I suspect.

LMAO....Mine too!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Hard one to answer, as I have been there. Have you mentioned it to her, is this the only item she wears that is inappropiate for the office. I would mention it to her and if she continues then mention it to HR. It seems like there is no longer a dress code when it comes to office attire and everyone just wears what they want regardless of the image that it puts forward to customers.
    Really people there are some clothes that are for when you are not working and you can lounge around at home comfortably. I really don't need to see others underwear, boobs or any other part of a person anotamy.

Usually she does not dress like this...it's this ONE sweater...she wore it once and then didn't wear it again for a while so I thought maybe someone had said something...but then she wore it again today.

I just let it go. If it really is a problem, the admin or someone else will say something. I just figured maybe she doesn't realize how revealing it is.

Oh-and for those of you who would care to know-we do have a written dress code at work. And some people (not myself) have been in trouble for wearing things like crocs or flip flops...that's why I was a bit surprised that nobody told this individual that her sweater was perhaps a bit too revealing.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I live in a hot climate, and many dress codes here have written tank top policies as to what is appropriate and what is not.

Loose fitting with a 3 inch wide strap, no t-backs or racer backs.

My daughter's school has a similar policy.

But with a suit jacket over it when you step out of the confines of your office makes most tanks work appropriate.