Inappropriate work attire...*shudder*

Options

Replies

• EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    There is nothing more annoying then getting pulled into your boss' office and getting told that your attire is "inappropriate" and that "someone was offended by what you were wearing".

If it bothers you that much say something to HER not HR. Seriously. HR has better things to do then to get involved in a wardrobe issue.

Lols...serioulsy. read the first post. I am looking for wardrobe malfunction stories. I am not planning to "rat" anybody out. Merely amused at someone's wardrobe choice.

Way to back track...You actually did start this post in hopes that people would feel your sentiments...Let's be real....

and why say your are not planning to "rat" anybody out when you clearly responded to someone like this:
    Go to HR.

Good call actually.
  • TheUglyFriend
    Options
    There is a way to look beautiful and sexy sophisticated without looking trashy. This seems borderline trashy. And I don't think there is an easy way to confront her about it. But if it really bothers you, I would def take it to HR. You have a right to feel comfortable in the workplace.

Well the thing is that I don't think she's doing it on purpose to be sexy or look hot...I don't think she's aware of how it looks honestly. That's why I brought it up. I don't want to hurt her feelings but I'm not all that sure she sees how revealing it is. I Mean....I can see the bra through the shirt.

Then swallow your pride, pull her aside and let her know instead of going to HR about something small that she may not even know about. Simple... Yall are both women
  • CF4L
    CF4L Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with barefoot at work and if you go to HR over a sweater I think they will let your manager know you obviously don't have enough to do.

For the last effing time...who said I was going to HR?

You did ... in like the 4th post in this thread, lol
  • EyeLikeTacos
    Options
    Nothing wrong with barefoot at work and if you go to HR over a sweater I think they will let your manager know you obviously don't have enough to do.

For the last effing time...who said I was going to HR?

You did… you said good call as if you planned on doing it
  • TheUglyFriend
    Options
    Echooo
  • tismyhardbody
    tismyhardbody Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I would be uncomfortable too. working with children here and having to bend over often cause they are small, I wear very conservative clothing. there are some women who don't always know that what they are wearing is not appropriate for the work place and may need to be told. If you had a good relationship with her are you choose your words wisely you might want to mention it that ... people are looking... if it doesn't bother her, then ... and management doesn't care, ,.. she actually may like showing off her stuff... hope it works out for you!

we just have to realize that some people don't care and some like to show it... lol!!! :D

I had a teacher, who was nursing, come to school in a very low and very loose tank top... ummm, your baby isn't here and there are males on staff.... what sane husband would want their wife to wear things like that to work? or anywhere for that matter? geesh!!!

Since when do we need a man to command what we can and cant wear?
  • EyeLikeTacos
    Options
    Not trying to one up ya.. but I had a cube neighbor once who was a cat horder. I'll gladly take some older lady boobs in my face than to ever have to deal with the smell that hit you once this lady stepped off the elevator. Regardless of the number of times she would shower the smell was in her clothes, hair and in her skin. She was put on several warnings, because some people in the office would physically get sick when she came in.

^^ THis is more what I was aiming for when I started this thread...more awkward stories. Too bad people are too lazy to read the original post.

Yes...that would be horrible...I mean...you can't really do anything...but it's still awkward. I had to tell someone but I'm not gonna make a stink about it at work...Just wondered if anyone else had been in a smiliar situation.

We all read your post...to bad you were too lazy to clarify what your intentions are...because like 90% of the people here saw you just coming on here complaining and looking for attention about something that is minute
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Go to HR.

You dont go to HR because of a sweater..come on people, chill.

Agreed.. Maybe you are a little more sensitive to her because you don't care for her. The last thing you want is a dress code at work. Or a more stern code if you already have one.

Oh I have no intention of going to HR people.

She probably has NO idea it's that revealing. She's not a "Look how sexy I am" individual...More like...seeing your mom in a sweater that is so see through you can see the bra. I don't mean the color of the bra through a thin shirt...I mean I can see her bra.

You can see her bra?! Ohhh, the horror. I'd shudder too.
  • TeresaWash
    TeresaWash Posts: 283
    Options
    Ha... we had a late 40's receptionist that went braless ALWAYS. (t-shirts, thin blouses, tank tops)
    Drove the women nuts, the guys of course oogled all the time and she new it.
    Now I'm talking mid 40's and had children, it's not that they were nice perkey boobs (not that that would make it better) they hung, like mid 40's, have had children breasts.

We complained about it all the time but the "management" did nothing (men - construction)

Till one day a company we do business with was talking to the owner and he said "You should do something about the girl at the front desk, the guys in my office aruge over who gets to run the prints to your office"

The talked to her that day. (didn't go over well...)

Inappropriate!
  • TeresaWash
    TeresaWash Posts: 283
    Options
    Go to HR.

This.

I worked with a girl at an animal hospital who wore low rise jeans and always had plumber's crack. We typically wore scrub tops, but whatever bottoms we wanted. And it was a job that involved a lot of bending and stooping. It got so bad that the boss changed our dress code that we ALL had to only wear scrub pants. And she still managed to show *kitten*. :noway:

We all have buttcracks...it's not that serious.

Doesn't mean I want to see everyone's :P

yes it is. cover it up, totally inappropriate.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I've seen people wear sweaters like that. It doesn't bother me, nor do I find it awkward to look at them. I'm not looking at someone's breast area when I look at them, and even if I was, I know what bras look like, and it's not shocking to me to glimpse one through the holes of a crocheted sweater. Such sweaters were very fashionable a few years ago - everyone was wearing them.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I've seen people wear sweaters like that. It doesn't bother me, nor do I find it awkward to look at them. I'm not looking at someone's breast area when I look at them, and even if I was, I know what bras look like, and it's not shocking to me to glimpse one through the holes of a crocheted sweater. Such sweaters were very fashionable a few years ago - everyone was wearing them.

No....but it may shock some of the elderly people that live here.
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm not morally opposed to seeing someone's bra. But it's a fashion crime.
  • da_burke
    Options
    I've experienced that with a person who was training me on my job. It was very hard because I had to keep my eyes above not that I wanted to see anything. She would be sitting and her shirt would start to spread away from the cleavage area and expose her even more. Yikes!
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    WOW Look how many posts this got...

Never had a thread this popular...
  • bthumudo
    bthumudo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    STOP TALKING ABOUT MY MOM LIKE THAT!!! MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER KNITTED THAT SWEATER FOR HER WHEN SHE WAS 8! It means a lot to her that's why she still wears it.
  • tismyhardbody
    tismyhardbody Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Ha... we had a late 40's receptionist that went braless ALWAYS. (t-shirts, thin blouses, tank tops)
    Drove the women nuts, the guys of course oogled all the time and she new it.
    Now I'm talking mid 40's and had children, it's not that they were nice perkey boobs (not that that would make it better) they hung, like mid 40's, have had children breasts.

We complained about it all the time but the "management" did nothing (men - construction)

Till one day a company we do business with was talking to the owner and he said "You should do something about the girl at the front desk, the guys in my office aruge over who gets to run the prints to your office"

The talked to her that day. (didn't go over well...)

Inappropriate!

i love it when women hate on other women. so awesome!
    and one wonders why women hate themselves, being described as the above just because they - gasp - aged! or hot damn they had a kid! *kitten* they are suddenly so much less attractive and their tits aren't good enough anymore eh?
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    I've experienced that with a person who was training me on my job. It was very hard because I had to keep my eyes above not that I wanted to see anything. She would be sitting and her shirt would start to spread away from the cleavage area and expose her even more. Yikes!

*Yerp..*
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Buy her a roll neck jumper for Christmas :laugh:
  • lavendergirll
    lavendergirll Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I dont think it is a big deal. I am sorry her attire offends you though. You have the same rights as she does and that is be comfortable in your work environment. Who knows; maybe she will snag it on something and the whole sweater will come unraveled! Woudnt that be a sight? I hope your week gets better.