2 Years on MFP & Hosting a GIVEAWAY to show thanks! Pix too!

Options
NikkisNewStart
NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
I am pleased to announce that I celebrated my 2 year MFP anniversary! I joined this community on August 7, 2010, exactly one month after my 4th child was born. I weighed 217 lbs when I gave birth to her and was a whopping 196 lbs when I got pregnant. I am hypothyroid due to Hashimoto’s, have PCOS, and have had an ACL reconstruction and meniscus repair on my left knee. I am a full time teacher, wife, and mother to 4 and stepmother to 1. I am in post-graduate school full time. To say my life is busy is an understatement. :wink:

This community and the support here taught me that to be my best person that I needed to put myself first. I reached my goal of 128 lbs on April 13, 2011 and have been in maintenance ever since. I have watched my body change tremendously and it is still going through changes! Right now, I am averaging about 136 lbs in maintenance (I’m 5’7”). I’m not really sure what “number” I want to maintain as I am more focused on my physique and creating a physically and emotionally strong person so that I can be there for my family for many years to come. This site has given me my life back! I never, in a million years, thought I was capable of reaching my goals… but I did- and so can you! :flowerforyou:

To show my appreciation, I would like to help some of you get started or continue on your health journey. I will be giving away 3 packages to 3 people. Each will contain a new, never opened Denise Austin workout dvd and some other goodies (like various protein bars, water flavoring packets, motivational items). These items were purchased by me and I’m not affiliated with any of these companies… just a mom/teacher who wants to pay it forward! :drinker:

To enter in the drawing, just post ONE comment. I will end the giveaway on Monday, September 3 at 12 midnight (ie late Sunday night). I will use a random number generator to choose the winning posters and notify you by PM. I’ll then need your address and I’ll pop your package in the mail. It’s just my way of saying THANK YOU all for being part of this phenomenal community.

Here is my initial transformation:

NEW.jpg
anotherb4after2.jpg
anotherb4after.jpg

Here are the 3 DVDs that will be given away (other items not pictured as I haven't purchased them yet! :laugh: )
Denise Austin Sculpt & Burn Body Blitz DVD
denise3.jpg
Denise Austin Body Makeover Mix
denise2.jpg
Denise Austin 3-Week Boot Camp DVD
denise1.jpg

*Update from page 3*
Thank you everyone! I appreciate y'all more than you'll ever know! Whether you are new or old, just getting started, or are in maintenance... you each have valuable qualities to offer this community and I am proud of each of you for being here and taking back your health!

I didn't post to solicit the nice comments but they sure do make a girl feel great so thank you again! I wish I could do much more to show my thanks... honestly- I have my life back and my husband will have a wife to nag him that many more years longer and my kids will have a mom there to hold their kids one day...

This forum has quiet possibly helped me beat heart disease, cancer, avoid a stroke, escape my family history of diabetes... I will always be forever grateful!

Replies

• MargaretPetersBergen
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing:-) Are these the videos that you stuck to for working out for your weight loss or for maintenance? Are they 1/2 hr workouts or longer? Sorry for the questions but I am always looking for different videos that show results if the user is dedicated.

Well done! And to think you managed to become healthy even while being so busy:smile:
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Wow you look AMAZING!

This is a fun idea :)
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    You look excellent. I love the shoulder muscles.
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    you look great. Very inspiring and a very generous thing for you to do.
  • jayneperrault
    Options
    You Look Fantastic! How did you get such a great stomach? I have lots 80lbs and can't get rid of my paunch in my lower stomach.
  • Evasavealot1
    Evasavealot1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great Story! Your are inspiration. You have reached your own personal goals and you're amazing for helping others. :)
  • natural813
    natural813 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. You are looking great.
  • littlelaurie14
    littlelaurie14 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    That's so kind of you, love it!
    Your transformation is incredible, even with a busy life it can be done... You're proof! :)
    I willll have a sexy back like yours one day haha
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I have seen you post before and you are a true inspiration. I too have 4 children and am a full-time graduate student so I empathize! I just want to say that this is such a wonderful idea and I am sure it will bless the right persons life! Way to go Mamma!
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! I can't wait to get there, you should be so proud of yourself :smile: And gotta admit, what a really cool pay it forward idea. Awesome!
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Way to go
  • amanda6393
    amanda6393 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Besides the fact that you LOOK amazing, YOU are amazing! What a selfless, thoughtful act you are doing to help others achieve their goals and change their lives. Congratulations on your transformation and here's to a long, satisfying, happy life!
    :flowerforyou:
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    You look so happy and amazing!!! Excellent job!!
  • LiveforChange
    LiveforChange Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    wow you look great !and caint wait to be at my goal weight
  • submissivelyserving
    submissivelyserving Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    The transformation is shocking. i'm speechless. you have don a great job and make it seem possible for the rest of us that are struggling.
  • ssteinbring677
    ssteinbring677 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    That's so special of you to give back to our community. It really is the friends on here that make such a difference. You look amazing and I am really inspired by your story!
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Are these the videos that you stuck to for working out for your weight loss or for maintenance? Are they 1/2 hr workouts?

Thanks! I don't use videos at home now although I have in the past for both weight loss and maintenance. I change up my routine a lot and bought a spin bike for home and hit the gym for elliptical, weights, etc... it gives me a break from my kids. I have never used these particular DVDs though. They are 49, 52, and 58 minutes long.
  • 2chubby4now
    2chubby4now Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    A true inspiration! Thanks for sharing!
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Great job sticking to it, and staying healthy! :)
  • lolaparker
    Options
    Reading this gave me a lot of motivation as I am a mother of 4 kids as well, and want to better ME so i can
    be there for many years to come for my children. And also motivate them to live a healthy lifestyle too.You
    look absolutely AMAZING !!!! Thank you for sharing :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!