Fall is coming!

Replies

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Winter is coming.

(Strangely, however, not until March 31, 2013.)

20 bonus points for anyone who gets the reference.

ETA: I see that ipag and Captain_Apollo will likely get it.

Actually, winter won't be coming probably until the last half of season four. Autumn is still in full swing in season 3.

I'm not so sure. Perhaps the White Walkers will bring a change in seasons much sooner than you think.

(And no, I have not read any of the books, so I honestly don't know for certain (or even know how closely they follow the books).)

See it was confusing because his outfit in that pic looks like either Boromir or Eddard Stark...LoL

I love that show. Finale last season was freaking awesome.
  • GBOGH_5
    GBOGH_5 Posts: 174 Member
    More like January in Corpus Christi!
  • curxxx
    curxxx Posts: 16
    Fall and Winter are my favourite time of the year! Hopefully I can loose enough weight to buy some new jeans and jumpers to match the season! :D
  • Sthrncupcake
    Sthrncupcake Posts: 79 Member
    I am ok with the fall...its still pretty warm here in South Carolina...BUT...I am a summer chick all the way! I HATE the winter!
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Fall is my favorite, too. Can't wait!!

Cooler weather (I call it "hoodie" weather), apple orchards/cider mills, haunted houses, hayrides, carving pumpkins, Halloween, pumpkin flavored everything, baked goods (i love to bake in the fall and winter), the bees go away... lol.

Oh and a new season of American Horror Story is coming out in October too... love it.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    IMG_64452.jpg

That picture made my heart happy.

And listening to everyone's lists of things they love about Fall just makes me want it more!

I do miss Montana this time of year...but there's more deciduous trees out here so...more fall colors-which is great. ON the other hand, we have to rake a LOT at our house...ok...ONE bad thing about fall. :(

(Edited to add this PS: Raking leaves burns a LOT of calories...so...that turned that negative into a positive!)
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Winter is coming.

Actually, winter won't be coming probably until the last half of season four. Autumn is still in full swing in season 3.

I'm not so sure. Perhaps the White Walkers will bring a change in seasons much sooner than you think.

(And no, I have not read any of the books, so I honestly don't know for certain (or even know how closely they follow the books).)
    I've read all the books, they're following them close enough. White walkers show up long before winter does.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Oh, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to fall. I have 2 small kids and I know I love halloween more than they do! Then there's the crisp air (perfect for a nice long run) and the apple cider, hay rides, changing on the leaves, cute sweaters, jeans, and oh yes.....FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait!!!!!!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    I am usually ALL about summer.... I mean come on.. if I didn't have to work 40 hours a week, I would be outside... all. the. time... at the pool, at the park... doing whatever... But then I grew up in Texas and am a summer baby...

But thanks to pinterest and my need to be June Cleaver (though I fail miserably and am comfortable with that)... I cannot wait for fall... I cannot wait to decorate my house with acorns (because we have almost an acre full of oak trees), pine cones and leafs (though they will be fake since our leaves go from green to brown in 2.7 days)... I can't wait to make pumpkiny things... and hot chocolate and segue into Christmas (the only period of winter I actually like... because we don't get those beautiful picturesque christmases like you see in the movies... we get ice storms from hell like you saw during Super Bowl weekend back in 2010).

Now lets just hope that Summer doesn't exist around here until October.
  • I love autumn, it's the best time of year, to me. I love walking outside and looking at the leaves changing colours, the cold breeze, the squirrels gathering and hiding nuts. I like fall fashion too, I like scarves, boots, etc.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Winter is coming.

I've read all the books, they're following them close enough. White walkers show up long before winter does.

In that case, just need to modify my statement a little:

Winter is coming...very slowly.
  • k8blujay2
    Winter is coming.

Wait, I thought the title was an off shoot reference to the series.
  • k8blujay2
    Fall is my favorite time of year, too! Football season!! Skinny jeans & boots, hoodies, sweaters, changing colors on leaves (though you don't see that much in Oklahoma), coffee & cocoa, using my crockpot more, eggnog, baking. I love fall!

Oh I almost forgot about Football season... How could I though when all my college buddies and Alma Mater have all been spamming my facebook newsfeed with OU football... :laugh:

Oh and heck, I use my crockpot a lot in the summer... it keeps the kitchen cooler.
  • Fall is my farvorite! Living in NE Ohio we have pretty much the same problem : ( humid summers, short fall season, and nasty winters--lovely
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Winter is coming.

Wait, I thought the title was an off shoot reference to the series.

Could be. One of my hobbies is pointing out the obvious. And I have an advanced degree in Dead Horse Beating.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Winter is coming.

Bingo!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    I grew up in the mountains (south of Tahoe) and loved the fall season up there! The crisp air, the warm sun, the hint of smoke in the air as people raked & burned pine needles or started having fires in their woodstoves as the evenings cooled. The oaks and aspens started to turn glorious colors, the apples were ready to be picked....a sweater or sweatshirt was perfect.

Now I live in the central valley of California, and fall doesn't actually show up until maybe November. I always love all the ads around fall - photos of people in cozy sweaters with hot chocolate, picking out pumpkins at some quaint pumpkin patch....all the pics of my kiddo at the pumpkin patch from over the years - she's in shorts and a t-shirt! :laugh:

Fall is a short season here, blink and you'll miss it, and suddenly it will just be winter, with nasty fog and dreary gray days.
  • Gloria_Torres
    Gloria_Torres Posts: 19 Member
    I love both summer and fall. Summer since I'm from L.A. I love going to the beaches and Santa Monica. Bikinis, margaritas, cold beer and hot babes with muscles to look at. Hee hee hee! The Fall? Gotta love the change in the trees. Ive always wanted to experience Boston. Love how fall looks like over there.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Winter is coming.

Bingo!

Not til March 2013? There's a long wait for ya...
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Even though I hate being cold, I am really looking forward to fall. I love all of the pumpkin flavored things (especially beer), the crisp fall air, foliage, sweaters, fall camping, fall produce, making soup, warming up with a nice cup of tea ...