September (2012) Move Your @ss Challenge...

Options

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    as long as it is still september you can join ;-)
    welcome
    Just saw this post, already Sept. 3... can I still join in? I'd be up to 30 miles, first time ever I'm doing this... 1.2 miles so far
    How do I get the ticker?? I have no clue...
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Terryeden wrote:
    Last month was my first month joining this group. Full of enthusiasm, I signed up for 70 miles. Sounded reasonable and doable for me. I started out great, but only lasted about 10 days total. Made it to around 21 miles, I think.

21 miles is better than zero, so I can look on the bright side there. *** It was 21.14 miles***:bigsmile:

However, I really want to attain something, after many years of setting goals and resolutions and watching them pass by the way side and my effort fizzle out.

I'll sign up for 30 miles for September. That's less than 50% of my Aug goal, but still almost 10 more miles than what I obtained in Aug. Hopefully I can/will achieve it.

The challenge seems easy at first, but it's not. Only one out of four starters reaches his/her goal, half of the people drop out. It will take your body some time to adapt until moving more miles becomes easier. Just make sure that you set attainable goals to prevent losing your motivation

in addition to what dino said....REMEMBER you are challenging yourself not anyone else on the thread....it is important to remember you have no idea what their circumstances are, what they are doing for miles and honestly, no offense to anyone, but i just want to make sure i get my miles in each month while cheering on everyone else....i'm happy that even though you didnt reach your goal last month you are trying again this month....that is the most important part of all....good luck reaching your goals....you CAN do it...
  • ron81008
    ron81008 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am in for 65.

Thanks,
  • vanessaleigh818
    Options
    Also new! I think I will start with 50 miles for the month of September. How do you do that fabulous mileage ticker. Please add me if this is a group thanks!
  • vanessaleigh818
    Options
    Also new! I think I will start with 50 miles for the month of September. How do you do that fabulous mileage ticker. Please add me if this is a group thanks!

Just found the answer to my questions! Keep it simple and post results as you go here! Yay!
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    September 4th - walked 1 mile
    68.7 miles to go
  • AnnaMGP
    AnnaMGP Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Another 1 1/2 today. 6.5/45

exercise.png
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Walked 3 miles this afternoon. More walking more this evening, but will update only tomorrow morning after my run. Less work for you Dinos :wink:

exercise.png
  • stonejh1
    Options
    6 down...54 to go!
  • jdklove18
    Options
    I'm in for the challenge. Sign me up for 50 miles in September!

So far: 8.18/50 miles
  • Tinkydinkydoo
    Tinkydinkydoo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Did 6.3 miles today on my bike. :)
    pJUHm6.png
  • cyndimcd
    cyndimcd Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    9/1 - 11 mile
    9/3 - 3.2 mile
    Total - 14.2 of 75 mile goal

exercise.png
  • ChantalFiset
    ChantalFiset Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sept. 4 = 2.6 miles total
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    ... 3.5 mile (interval) run this evening.

exercise.png
  • jaj68
    jaj68 Posts: 158 Member
    Options

exercise.png

16.1 today
  • Atarimonkey
    Atarimonkey Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    1.68 miles walking this afternoon to my sons school.

exercise.png
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
  • PamL66
    PamL66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Last night's total - just 1.2 miles. It got waayyy too dark....

exercise.png
  • NurseJodies
    NurseJodies Posts: 65 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,941 Member
    Options
    3 miles today. Woo hoo! I love this challenge.

exercise.png