Fast Food

Options

Replies

• HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I don't eat fast food very often. McD's, BK, Wendy's - meh. Even Five Guys. I'm just not crazy over burgers. Domino's, Papa Gino's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's - their pizza just isn't GOOD. I guess I'd go with KFC. They're almost a half hour drive which is why we don't eat it that often. LOVE the extra crispy recipe!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    It's a toss up between 5 guys and Fazoli's. I know they are totally different and don't belong in the same sentence but they are my top two.

I only like Fazolis bread. The food is not good to me. I havent had it in years but it wasnt good to me then.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    ZAXBY'S!!!!!!! Fortunately I don't live near one...LOL Wendy's was my fav for the longest.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    In and Out. Fresh nevr frozen. I think its the closest hon gto "clean" fast food. if there were such a thing.

Yall are really getting me excited about in and out when I go back to the west coast in a few days. I might eat it everyday while Im there. LOL.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    ZAXBY'S!!!!!!! Fortunately I don't live near one...LOL Wendy's was my fav for the longest.

Zaxby's is walking distance to my house. I only eat it if I jog there. Its about 3 miles away and I love that sauce too.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm guilty of eating fast food but if you watch Food Inc. You might just change your mind about it. The documentary "corn" is a good one too.

I haven't eaten McDonald in like 5 years or so, I ate BK maybe once or twice in the last 5 years. Taco bell, meh, a few times, Wendys more them most but maybe 2-3 times a year. KFC a few times a year.

Here is a link to "what to eat at fast food places" http://goo.gl/9fpIL

If you like In and out burger...watch this: This isnt uncommon with these "big business" meat distributors for fast food.

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/250027-Shocking-undercover-video-captures-inhumane-butchering-of-cattle-at-Central-Valley-Meat-Co-slaughterhouse-for-US-burger-chain

I love eating meat, dont get me wrong. I do however respect the food that dies for my nourishment. It deserves to live a happy healthy life until it is slaughtered. Just be careful which fast food you go to. Just saying.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I don't eat fast food very often. McD's, BK, Wendy's - meh. Even Five Guys. I'm just not crazy over burgers. Domino's, Papa Gino's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's - their pizza just isn't GOOD. I guess I'd go with KFC. They're almost a half hour drive which is why we don't eat it that often. LOVE the extra crispy recipe!

Nice list.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Taco John's - potato oles and churros! I have no idea if there are any in Canada, but I wouldn't be able to get there.

Pizza Hut - stuffed crust pizza, boneless wings, deep-fried apple pies :love:

Domino's - one finally moved within delivery distance and it's our take-out of choice now. They do thin crust which really cuts down on calories and sodium.

Subway - my 'healthy' fast food with the Sad Sandwich (Veggie Delight, no cheese, no condiments). I do add cheese from home (low sodium type)

Burger King - original chicken sandwich and onion rings

Pizza Delight - when hubby wants a change from Domino's. Hard to calculate for pizzas not on their menu.

Dairy Queen - peanut buster parfait and Reese's mini Blizzard. :love:
  • mandorla
    mandorla Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Carl's Jr / Hardee's, love their Jalapeno Burger!!
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    For health & money we don't eat at fast food unless we're on the road, BUT... when we do, it's Subway. Healthy and filling!

If we splurge, it's Five Guys, but I alwys get sick from all the grease.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Well, I'm guilty of eating fast food but if you watch Food Inc. You might just change your mind about it. The documentary "corn" is a good one too.

I haven't eaten McDonald in like 5 years or so, I ate BK maybe once or twice in the last 5 years. Taco bell, meh, a few times, Wendys more them most but maybe 2-3 times a year. KFC a few times a year.

Here is a link to "what to eat at fast food places" http://goo.gl/9fpIL

If you like In and out burger...watch this: This isnt uncommon with these "big business" meat distributors for fast food.

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/250027-Shocking-undercover-video-captures-inhumane-butchering-of-cattle-at-Central-Valley-Meat-Co-slaughterhouse-for-US-burger-chain

I love eating meat, dont get me wrong. I do however respect the food that dies for my nourishment. It deserves to live a happy healthy life until it is slaughtered. Just be careful which fast food you go to. Just saying.

Ive seen this before. Its awful.
  • MMarvelous
    Options

Zaxby's is walking distance to my house. I only eat it if I jog there. Its about 3 miles away and I love that sauce too.

When I go home I get a club and substitute the mayo with honey mustard! Definitely not close enough to JOG lol but that is a great idea.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Taco John's - potato oles and churros! I have no idea if there are any in Canada, but I wouldn't be able to get there.

Pizza Hut - stuffed crust pizza, boneless wings, deep-fried apple pies :love:

Domino's - one finally moved within delivery distance and it's our take-out of choice now. They do thin crust which really cuts down on calories and sodium.

Subway - my 'healthy' fast food with the Sad Sandwich (Veggie Delight, no cheese, no condiments). I do add cheese from home (low sodium type)

Burger King - original chicken sandwich and onion rings

Pizza Delight - when hubby wants a change from Domino's. Hard to calculate for pizzas not on their menu.

Dairy Queen - peanut buster parfait and Reese's mini Blizzard. :love:

Nice List!
  • B21goddess
    Options
    Hardees,Mcdonalds,or Taco bell :O
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    I love Chick-Fil-A!!!

I actually love MOST fast food places for one or two items on each menu. :love: But if I'm only picking one place for the most reasons it would be Chick-Fil-A. I love to cook but having a moment when you can't... well fast food can be pretty great.
  • MMarvelous
    Options
    Bojangles - LOVE THE DIRTY RICE and Boston Market - rotisserie chicken, cream spinach and sweet potato casserole LOVE this meal. Neither of these are near me. But I do get Chick-fil-a from time to time
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options

When I go home I get a club and substitute the mayo with honey mustard! Definitely not close enough to JOG lol but that is a great idea.

The truth is 6 miles is never worth it to me so I hardly ever have it. LOL Thats my trick. It is delicious though.
  • innocenceportrayed
    Options
    Oy. In order:
    1. Chic Fil A (but there's not one around me) - Tied with BK
    1. Burger king (I don't much care for their burgers but I like their chicken)
    2. Taco Bell
    3. McDonalds (I know, ew, I love their quarter pounders, BUT I can say I haven't had MCD's in almost a year!)
    4. 5 guys
    5. Wendy's (Really not a fan of them at all)

We have a local "fast food" restaurant called Dices and although they aren't sit down and they aren't technically fast food, they're fast and their food is good, not greasy and CHEAP. I'm talking a hot dog, fries and drink for under $5.

Overall, out of every place I can think of to eat, Applebees is BY FAR my absolute favorite.
  • MMarvelous
    Options
    Hardees,Mcdonalds,or Taco bell :O

Wow you said Hardee's! I used to love Hardee's but it was the only fast food place in my home town for years. Fries are HORRIBLE except for the curly fries. I don't even get the burgers there. I get the hot ham & swiss or a chicken sandwich. The biscuits at the one in my hometown taste like someone's grandma made them LOL Long line inside and the drive thru for breakfast there!
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options

Nice list.

Thanks. I forgot Little Caesar's - the worst pizza EVER.

I'd just like to add, these are all places I've eaten at over the course of my lifetime. 52 years this October. Haven't eaten food from any of them, except McD's, Five Guys and KFC, in probably 30 years. Or more.