what would happen if i ate 1,000 calories a day

Options

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,228 Member
    Options
    You are male and young. You should not be eating less than 1500 calories a day to meet your nutritional needs. For that matter, to maintain your muscle mass, you need to eat at least that much, probably more. What has been happening to you already is that you have been losing a lot of muscle with the fat you are losing. The rate of muscle loss will increase the longer you do this because you have less fat to work with. As a person gets closer to their goal, they can burn less fat per day, which is why it is highly discouraged to the reduce the rate one is looking to lose at the closer one gets to their goal. Unless you have a huge amount of weight left to lose, 40 pounds or more, you should not even be shooting for 2 pounds a week, much less 2.5. If you are below 20 pounds to lose 1 pound a week is quite aggressive, and under 15 pounds .5 pounds a week is recommended.

What you are setting yourself up for, assuming you are close to your goal, is gaining all the weigh back and more of it will be fat than before.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    And you're qualified to give such advice are you?

Since you don't believe people with qualifications what does that matter? :noway:

BECAUSE IT'S DANGEROUS TO MAKE OUT LIKE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!!! CAN'T YOU SEE THAT???

I'M ONLY SAYING WHAT IS WORKING FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!

PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE THE DANGEROUS ONES IN FORUMS LIKE THIS. YOU THINK YOU'RE AN EXPERT, BUT YOU'RE SITTING ON YOUR SOFA, EATING CRISPS AND DRIKING PEPSI AND ACTING ALL HIGH AND MIGHTY!!! AND LOSING WEIGHT AND LOOKING GREAT!

fixed it for you - see text in bold.

Gee... eating well, enjoying some treats, and still losing weight / inches seems like the more enjoyable way to lose weight.

I mean... if I had to choose between starving and losing weight, or between eating in a way that keeps me "happy" and still losing weight... I'd TOTALLY go with the misery route.

yeah... um not.

I'm in the "promote weight loss in a physically and emotionally healthy way" group myself. (Can you say pizza and ice cream? YAY)

Oh... and you do realize that yelling (ALL CAPS) kind of weakens your stance, right? :)

:flowerforyou:
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

Since you don't believe people with qualifications what does that matter? :noway:

BECAUSE IT'S DANGEROUS TO MAKE OUT LIKE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!!! CAN'T YOU SEE THAT???

PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE THE DANGEROUS ONES IN FORUMS LIKE THIS. YOU THINK YOU'RE AN EXPERT, BUT YOU'RE SITTING ON YOUR SOFA, EATING CRISPS AND DRIKING PEPSI AND ACTING ALL HIGH AND MIGHTY!!!

Ohhhhhh someone's mad :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You sound hangry - would you like some potato chips?

potato-chips-fd-md.jpg
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE THE DANGEROUS ONES IN FORUMS LIKE THIS. YOU THINK YOU'RE AN EXPERT, BUT YOU'RE SITTING ON YOUR SOFA, EATING CRISPS AND DRIKING PEPSI AND ACTING ALL HIGH AND MIGHTY!!!

28468-Taylor-swift-lol-gif-OMBg.gif

just stop it.

look around this site. the most successful people that i interact with here are the ones who eat PLENTY, don't restrict, and don't really stress out about food.

but fine....do whatever.
    we'll be here to enjoy your thread on exhaustion, plateau, and hunger.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Since the OP is a 24-year-old male, unless he's morbidly obese and following this diet under a doctor or nutritionist's supervision, I'd be concerned.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Starve. Is it worth it?
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    The op is still logging after 1 1/2 years and has still not made his goal of 35lbs

Clearly his plan was AWESOME :noway:

Oh he's now aiming for 1380 cals a day - but often goes under 1000.
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    This is what your body is doing...in muppet form...

screaming.gif
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    You'll probably be hungry!

No. They will be HANGRY!!!!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options

michael_jackson_dans_la_pub_pepsi_reference.jpg
  • garrrock
    garrrock Posts: 1
    Options
    I weigh 170-180 im 5'9&1/2 & I do construction. I do have some type of low blood sugar. on an active day I eat 1500-2000 cal max. on days off I eat as little as 500 (some times I forget to eat & may have 100-0 ). I actually gain weight if I do not do push ups sit ups ect. I was wondering why my caloric intake is so low & I still gain weight. on the other hand if/when I workout my caloric intake increases exponentially I also gain & lose muscle very fast as well as stamina ect.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    I weigh 170-180 im 5'9&1/2 & I do construction. I do have some type of low blood sugar. on an active day I eat 1500-2000 cal max. on days off I eat as little as 500 (some times I forget to eat & may have 100-0 ). I actually gain weight if I do not do push ups sit ups ect. I was wondering why my caloric intake is so low & I still gain weight. on the other hand if/when I workout my caloric intake increases exponentially I also gain & lose muscle very fast as well as stamina ect.

Joined today and first post - not suspicious at all

Found thread that would have dropped off the front pages a while ago.

yep yep yep.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I heard this is the thread where all the crazies are...so I thought I'd check in. What's going on in here? Anyone gotta recap?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

You're probably an alien of some type.
  • atfirstblush
    atfirstblush Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I hover around 1,000 calories because I just haven't been very hungry. Since I cut out breads and sweets, and drink 12 to 14 cups of water a day my cravings have completely stopped.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I hover around 1,000 calories because I just haven't been very hungry. Since I cut out breads and sweets, and drink 12 to 14 cups of water a day my cravings have completely stopped.

Hunger is not a good indication of getting enough to eat. You still need to meet nutritional goals and calorie goals. You will lose mean muscle mass.
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    And here I am wondering if I should have a snack since I have only had 1033 calories so far. Afraid to eat too little!! I normally eat closer to 1500, but today ended up at 1033. I am obese though, so the occasional day like today is OK as long as I didn't do it regularly?

P.S. OP is from 2012. ;)
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    And here I am wondering if I should have a snack since I have only had 1033 calories so far. Afraid to eat too little!! I normally eat closer to 1500, but today ended up at 1033. I am obese though, so the occasional day like today is OK as long as I didn't do it regularly?

P.S. OP is from 2012. ;)

I lied. I looked at my very limited diary and it ranged from 976 to 1800 (couple drinks!). It appears I normally range 1200-1400.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

61ceZFo.gif
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    You may lose more weight faster for a while, up until the point where your body has consumed most of your muscle for nutrients at which point your body will start to shut down and make you tired all the time. Also your metabolism will be shot from destroying all your muscle. You will be lighter, but weak...lethargic, unhealthy and much more sensitive to calories meaning you will likely put the weight back on as pure fat instead of a mix of fat and muscle.

Bottom line don't do it.