Any other nerds/geeks dieting?

Options

Replies

• ellyinflight
    Options
    Epic nerd here. Born and bred trekkie, studyholic, gamer (Guild Wars 2 anyone!? It's amazing!), electronic musician, programmer, graphics designer, web designer, history nut, neurology nut, physics nut, astronomy nut, shiro lolita at cons, crazy cat and snake lady :P I'm not really the fangirl type of nerd, more the "You couldn't stop me from studying and learning new things if you tied me to a chair in a dark room" kind of nerd :P

Fellow nerds feel free to add me!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Does being a psychology/hockey/book nerd who's currently maintaining as opposed to dieting count? If so, I'm in.
  • amberlongsine
    amberlongsine Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Gamer nerd here :)
  • willowdancer
    Options
    I am a professional nerd! I travel around to sci-fi/fantasy/anime/comic cons all over the south east (and sometimes beyond!) selling my handmade jewelry and costumes to make my living. My work uniform consists of extra long elf ears and raver gear :P

NERDS FTW!!!
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yup.

I play wow, swtor, guildwars, diablo and rift.

I love Terry Practchett, Eureka and star trek.

I could go on, but then I would start boring even other nerds....:laugh:
  • Glitch615
    Glitch615 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yep!
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Epic nerd here. Born and bred trekkie, studyholic, gamer (Guild Wars 2 anyone!? It's amazing!), electronic musician, programmer, graphics designer, web designer, history nut, neurology nut, physics nut, astronomy nut, shiro lolita at cons, crazy cat and snake lady :P I'm not really the fangirl type of nerd, more the "You couldn't stop me from studying and learning new things if you tied me to a chair in a dark room" kind of nerd :P

Fellow nerds feel free to add me!

I love that - not a fangirl nerd either though a fan of lots of the cultural touchstones mentioned here (currently jittery to get my kids in bed so husband and I can watch Dr. Who in peace). No,I am a research and knowledge nerd. I wanna know it all and try it all.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I am a professional nerd! I travel around to sci-fi/fantasy/anime/comic cons all over the south east (and sometimes beyond!) selling my handmade jewelry and costumes to make my living. My work uniform consists of extra long elf ears and raver gear :P

NERDS FTW!!!

I don't get to wear a cool uniform for my job... but I do get to tell all sorts of people about the ins and outs of mental illnesses and possible causes, etc. - which I consider to be fun. A semi-pro nerd!

I'm also at home at 11:30 on a Saturday night. I think those two things alone qualify me as nerd material.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Um...sorry. Warehouse 13 is still on--I know, because every Tuesday I watch it via the interwebs. I'm born geeky. Helped my sister plan menus and costumes for her "10 forward lounge" theme 16th birthday when I was twelve. Understand all the references above, love "Red Dwarf" took AP Chem as an ELECTIVE my senior year in HS because I hadn't taken a science the year before, my husband has a PhD in Astronomy and I am the world sorest loser at Scrabble. Also I scored: 64.76015% on the original geek test. http://www.innergeek.us/geek-test.html
  • heth120
    heth120 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    *raises left hand* (right hand busy manipulating mouse) Yup :bigsmile:
  • banshishi
    Options
    Yes its the last series of warehouse 13..there is to be no more, its been axed. Although I will more than happy if I am wrong..which I could be because I dont always believe what i read on the internet...and it piled up the awards this year so...will be chuffed if they renew for another season!
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Interesting...I mean...if you've "got someone on the inside" as it were with Syfy, or the production people at Warehouse 13, then you would know. But Season 4 is on *right now*, and scouring the internet, gets me nothing on Season 5 cancellation--and as you said it raked in the "Portal Awards" this year. So unless you're going off everyone's vague speculation that Syfy almost never let's shows go beyond season 5 (which would be next year), you're just causing unnecessary nerd panic. LOL! But, ya know, clearly we're nerds that we're willing to argue about renewal of our favorite shows. :D

But for what it's worth, Warehouse 13 fans, there really isn't any way to substantiate the claim of cancellation, at least not at this time.

Also, feel free to friend me in all my nerdy/geeky goodness. I'll be kind I swear.
  • ilyahna
    ilyahna Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Nerd! Feel free to add me if you need a fellow one. =)
  • MelbourneBelle
    MelbourneBelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    yay..my hedgehog is called Tribble! Only Trekkies/nerd know why lol

That counts me in. I cosplay Capt Janeway.
  • cersela
    cersela Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    If you've ever thought of Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant in an unsavory way, friend me.
  • cersela
    cersela Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    That counts me in. I cosplay Capt Janeway.

That's awesome.
  • starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Yup.

I play wow, swtor, guildwars, diablo and rift.

I love Terry Practchett, Eureka and star trek.

I could go on, but then I would start boring even other nerds....:laugh:
    I love Pterry!
  • MommaSparrow1928
    MommaSparrow1928 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Nerding it up over here :D

Star Wars & LOTRs (video gamer too ^.^)
  • MommaSparrow1928
    MommaSparrow1928 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    <--- Honors student, Biotech major. Cats are named Zoidberg, Nibbler (he passed away), Leela, Bender, and Professor; the rumba is named Scruffy. The guinea pigs were named Cortana (from Halo), Tex (from RvB), Shippo, InuYash, Tweek (from South park), and Tali (from Mass Effect). I love FPS and RPGs. So, I fit into most categories of "nerd." If you are on XBOX live let me know.

Edit: Favorite TV shows are Eureka, Firefly, Big Bang Theory, and Star Gate (SG1 and Atlantis).

The world is a much more sad place, since they axed Firefly and Eureka...and warehouse13 too...why do the kill all the decent stuff!

I just started to watch Warehouse recently. I love it, sad to hear they're axing it
  • cyndymar
    Options
    MeeeeCYNDYMAR