Any other nerds/geeks dieting?

Options

Replies

• LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Oh, as to me, I'm definitely a nerd/geek. Just joined MFP a couple weeks ago.

Was part of DragonCon staff til this year - sadly couldn't attend due to injuries. Am anti-zombie (the only good zombie is a truly *dead* zombie.)

I enjoy card games: Munchkin - most varieties, and Cards Against Humanity. Board games: Settlers of Cataan

RPG: D&D, 2nd ed, 4th, and working on 5th (which is going by a new name...but "no comment" heh :wink: )

I love ren faires, and my first reason in my profile for losing weight: to get back into the corset I purchased last May at the Georgia Ren Faire.

I live in a house of SF/F literature readers, but am currently into John Ringo's books. I like a lot of military SF :smile:
  • ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Database applications developer/admin here - nerdy as can be. "Nerd" is a term of endearment!
  • ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Live long, and prosper.
  • banshishi
    Options
    <--- Honors student, Biotech major. Cats are named Zoidberg, Nibbler (he passed away), Leela, Bender, and Professor; the rumba is named Scruffy. The guinea pigs were named Cortana (from Halo), Tex (from RvB), Shippo, InuYash, Tweek (from South park), and Tali (from Mass Effect). I love FPS and RPGs. So, I fit into most categories of "nerd." If you are on XBOX live let me know.

Edit: Favorite TV shows are Eureka, Firefly, Big Bang Theory, and Star Gate (SG1 and Atlantis).

The world is a much more sad place, since they axed Firefly and Eureka...and warehouse13 too...why do the kill all the decent stuff!

Warehouse 13 hasn't been axed...it's currently running this season. Oh, and Haven is coming back, finally, on the 21st...WOO!

Yes this mistake has been apologised for already... yes I know its running, I watch it, not that its currently running means anything. Eureka was axed before they ran the last series... which was sad but at least they got to round it off with an ending rather than leave you with cliffhanger then never get to come back.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I'd LOVE to fit into ANY of the FF Costumes for Halloween :)

Alternatively, being a Draenei wouldn't be bad at all!
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options

The world is a much more sad place, since they axed Firefly and Eureka...and warehouse13 too...why do the kill all the decent stuff!

Warehouse 13 hasn't been axed...it's currently running this season. Oh, and Haven is coming back, finally, on the 21st...WOO!
    [/quote]

Yes this mistake has been apologised for already... yes I know its running, I watch it, not that its currently running means anything. Eureka was axed before they ran the last series... which was sad but at least they got to round it off with an ending rather than leave you with cliffhanger then never get to come back.
    [/quote]

My error and good point. Browncoats forever!

We were very disappointed with how they ended Eureka...and hearing Wil Wheaton explaining how *he* found out was especially frustrating (he found out from the fans!)

The downside of not going to DragonCon this year: I can't visit the Guests...especially the folks of Eureka...but I'm sure there are plenty of folks showing them the love in my absence. It just feels like part of the "geek family" was cut out :sad:
  • hitstuff
    hitstuff Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have several level 85's on World of Warcraft. If I put as much effort into my weightloss achievements as I did my ingame achievements, I might night not be here right now...LOL. So ya...nerd I am....:wink: t
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Love this thread <3
  • ahiddenlink
    ahiddenlink Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I probably qualify, big WoW/Guild Wars MMO gamer, huge into Zelda (went to the symphony, fantastic!), spent the past 2 weekends at Renn Faires and was at a different one a few weeks back. I tend to be more fantasy geek than sci fi but I can appreciate that too!
  • hitstuff
    hitstuff Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'd LOVE to fit into ANY of the FF Costumes for Halloween :)

Alternatively, being a Draenei wouldn't be bad at all!

Draenei are so smokin' hot! lol
  • this_is_my_year
    this_is_my_year Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    <-- yep. Went to school for game design, lives on the internet, WoW player (anyone else excited for MoP? I started playing a year ago post Cata so Im late to the game), videogamer with 360 and DS consoles of choice, Steam lover and Redditor.

Add if thy wishes.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    More geeky than nerdy, but uhm.
    Here.
    :D
  • aussiestargazer
    aussiestargazer Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    guess i'm a nerd too
  • CDG1013
    CDG1013 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Consider myself a geek. PhD engineer...addicted to all types of electronic gadgets
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    *Waves*
  • banshishi
    Options

[/quote]

My error and good point. Browncoats forever!

We were very disappointed with how they ended Eureka...and hearing Wil Wheaton explaining how *he* found out was especially frustrating (he found out from the fans!)

The downside of not going to DragonCon this year: I can't visit the Guests...especially the folks of Eureka...but I'm sure there are plenty of folks showing them the love in my absence. It just feels like part of the "geek family" was cut out :sad:
    [/quote]

I didnt realise Wil Wheaton had found out from fans, thats a bit of a bad show...I also found the ending a bit naff...I actually wanted them to blow themselves up completely and create an apocalypse ...but it felt more like someone had kinda just oh well never mind its over anyway.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Wasn't Dr Who great last night?

I think that answers your question.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    This was the 1st piece of furniture we got for our new place.
    Does this make me a nerd?
    d8541b5c.jpg
  • LadyAlston
    Options
    Nerd and proud! We own the box set of the complete Blakes 7! Feel free to add me, we nerds stick together!
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Well, I teach English and my favorite authors are Charles ****ens and Jane Austen. My biggest pet peeve is hearing someone say "My Bad". My is a possessive pronoun and you can't own bad!