Replies

• TennesseeSodaholic
    Options
    WOW, what an inspiration you are!!!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    you look awesome, great job.

regarding the pics I think MFP doesn't allow underwear pics so don't be surprised if it gets removed they do it to almost everyone. I hope they don't. No different than a bikini.
  • alanrosez
    Options
    You are a super-star! Amazing!!!
  • pshearer7777
    pshearer7777 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, way to go! You are an amazing inspiration to everyone!
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! You have done a FANTASTIC job and you are so inspirational! Do not remove your photos, they show exactly HOW AMAZING the human body is...you are TRULY half the woman you used to be!

Bravo! Well done!
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    wow, Thanks for the motivation today. You are a true inspiration and just by sharing your story are helping people take one step further into their own progress. Thank you for them and thank you for me xxxxooooo
  • lisaishotpink
    Options
    You look phenomenal! Congrats on your success!!!!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    What a spectacular transformation. You must be incredibly proud of yourself. Thank you for posting your pictures, it's really inspiring to see the results of your hard work and dedication. You look awesome.
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!!!! YOU LOOK WONDERFUL!!!! YOU HAVE WORKED SO HARD!!! YAY!!
  • lynnemack
    lynnemack Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    inpsiratiional!!!
  • tammyj83
    tammyj83 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story, congratulations on your incredible success, and best of luck to you as you continue with that last 10 lbs., as well as maintaining. You're a real life inspiration, and I couldn't stay motivated without people like you taking the time to show us how its done. You rock!

edited to add: SO glad I got to see all your photos before some were removed!
  • ohDeeDeeBehave
    ohDeeDeeBehave Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Congratulations! What an inspiration! Sorry you couldn't show the other pic's. Happy toning! What's your plan? What was the hardest hurdle for you? Did you find that It got easier as you progressed?
    Dee
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Inspiring!!
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am bummed I didn't get to see all your pictures, I am sure they were amazing. I think it is so dumb that they were removed but there are scandalous photos of bikinis all over this site.

I am very proud of you and your accomplishments. That really is such a wonderful thing to take your life back. My goal weight is 140 but I am struggling to get there. Thanks for your story to inspire me to just keep going. I think it is truly admirable what you have done.

Enjoy your 'new' body!
  • 08AmandaC
    08AmandaC Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just amazing!! You must feel so good. Thank you for posting the pics - inspirational xxx
  • catmaus
    Options
    Amazing!! Congratulations on your lose! You look great!
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I really don't agree with the aversion to the human body thing... but, anyway- the difference is amazing! Yea! 8)
  • faya195
    faya195 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    A big thank you to everyone who has taken the time to comment, I really appreciate it and am touched by your words!

A few people have asked tips and tricks and I'm not really sure what to say. I lost the weight mainly cutting calories and then slowly adding in some (light) exercise. It started with lunchtime walks that got longer and faster; my most recent "endeavour" was the 30-day-shred even though I will admit that I stopped 5 days or so into Level 2. I can say that this round of weight loss (I've been dieting on and off in 2-year intervals for the last 15 years or so but nothing ever stuck because I fell back into old habits) has been the easiest and most difficult at the same time. I want this to be my last weight loss episode and finally stabilize my weight at a healthy level.
    So many things were different this time round compared to prior attempts. I kept/keep a weight loss diary on my computer and do my best to update it regularly. Some days it's just some superficial remarks, some days it's a lot of introspection and reflection that helps me discover why I was overweight and turned to food. While not trying to over-analyse things, I am working on finding the triggers that cause me to give in to temptation - and once I've found another piece of the puzzle, trying to "re-programme" myself and my crooked thinking. I have been using a CBT book (Beck Diet Solution) that I keep on coming back and working through.
    I have been taking update photos, as well as my measurements (incl. pulse, BP and most recently blood sugar levels) on a monthly basis. Even if the change from one month to the other seemed minimal, I could often see a change compared to two months ago, etc. I set myself several mini goals and praised myself for even the smallest successes. Right at the beginning I wrote a list of what I was hoping for and wishing for for myself. One of those was never having to ask for an extension belt in the airplane again and so on.

I'm not going to lie, I slipped up during my journey but I am proud for getting back on track, something I never managed before. I'm realising and slowly coming to understand that one lapse in judgement doesn't mean that all my previous achievements are worthless. The main part is getting up, dusting myself off and continuing on the right track. I am coming to terms with the fact that this will quite possibly be a life-long battle I will have to fight with myself - and it's up to me whether I want to go the "easy" way and give in or whether I want to continue fighting, be proud of myself and my achievements, smile when I look into the mirror, smile when I try on small clothes, be healthier, feel confident and can go through life with fewer restrictions than there used to be.

PS. The detail shots may have been removed but that doesn't mean that I won't post any others in the forseeable future. Who knows, I might get myself a bikini soon and re-take the photos :)
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Please post your pics on your profile if you would. We have the same goals...I started at 290 and currently down 57 lbs. You are not tied to photo guidelines on your profile to my knowledge. If this is not possible, please send me a link to your pics on a photo website so that I may see what I can expect.

You look great in the pics that they did allow you to post.

Great work!!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Well done! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!