what can I buy at GNC to help speed up weight loss?!!?

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    AWWWWW! COMEON!!!! YA KNOW RASBERRY KETONES BE DA BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:

Apparently, someone hasn't heard of BLUEBERRY ketones yet.

Next. Big. Thing.
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    what is a raspberry ketone? i'm googling it
  • sionnain
    Options
    Flaxseed oil is good to add but again it won't speed up the process. Only make you healthier!
  • sionnain
    Options
    what is a raspberry ketone? i'm googling it

some dumb thing that tv doctor oz talked about apparently - and they're like a zillion dollars a bottle.
  • SkinnyLilWitch
    SkinnyLilWitch Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Was a manager at gnc for 5 years. I can tell you with certainty and confidence nothing is going to make you lose weight except for you. You may find things to decrease appetite or give you energy. Both are temporary and may cause other health problems. Chances are once you stop them you will go back to your former habits. And I have seen many people who felt far hungrier after diet pills wore off. You may find very high priced products to "cleanse, but what you lose is not fat. And the side effects can be disgusting. They have meal replacement shakes. That still comes down to calories restriction. Why spend the money on that when you can limit to those same calories and eat things that taste good.
    Vitamins are good for you for the most part.
    The really interesting thing I learned while I worked there was that it was much easier to help those trying to gain weight than lose.
    There are a lot of supplements there that will help with many things so I am in no way downing GNC. However, weight loss is better achieved with hard work and a change in your food habits. It is also more permanent if you find a way of life you can stick to.
  • windycitycupcake
    Options
    When given to mice in very high doses (up to 2% of body weight), raspberry ketone has been shown to prevent high-fat-diet-induced elevations in body weight.[8]

However, no effects on body weight were observed with doses up to 200 times greater than the estimated intake in humans.[9]

The high dose effect is reported to stem from the alteration of lipid metabolism, increasing norepinephrine-induced lipolysis.

Although products containing this compound are marketed for weight loss, there is no clinical evidence for this effect in humans.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Miley looks way better in her before picture. Jus sayin!

Squirrel!
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    The amount of rudeness on this site is amazing :noway:
  • windycitycupcake
    Options
    Was a manager at gnc for 5 years. I can tell you with certainty and confidence nothing is going to make you lose weight except for you. You may find things to decrease appetite or give you energy. Both are temporary and may cause other health problems. Chances are once you stop them you will go back to your former habits. And I have seen many people who felt far hungrier after diet pills wore off. You may find very high priced products to "cleanse, but what you lose is not fat. And the side effects can be disgusting. They have meal replacement shakes. That still comes down to calories restriction. Why spend the money on that when you can limit to those same calories and eat things that taste good.
    Vitamins are good for you for the most part.
    The really interesting thing I learned while I worked there was that it was much easier to help those trying to gain weight than lose.
    There are a lot of supplements there that will help with many things so I am in no way downing GNC. However, weight loss is better achieved with hard work and a change in your food habits. It is also more permanent if you find a way of life you can stick to.

i agree for the most part. those diet pills are only a quick fix and i don't think should be taken on a regular basis.

i don't like meal replacements. they are super high in calories and dinky little portions. they make me starve. id rather have oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, nuts, egg white omlette, sauteed spinach, toast...all that food for the same caloric intake and im stuffed
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options

This is also the 2nd time this OP has posted this exact same subject. All within an hour or so.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Save your money. Eat a healthy diet and exercise. That's the only magic out there.
  • MaureenH39
    Options

This is also the 2nd time this OP has posted this exact same subject. All within an hour or so.

I guess...but seems better for people to just not reply if that is the kind of reply that they have :indifferent:
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I'd say a vitamin D supplement. Unless you live southerly and already get a lot of sun. Otherwise, I'd say magnesium might be good to try.

These will not make you lose weight, but if you are eating healthy non-processed foods, they might help.
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Dihydrogen monoxide

OMG FINALLY SUM1 HAS A ANSWER 4 ME. gawd, wher can i get dis stuff?
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Flaxseed oil is good to add but again it won't speed up the process. Only make you healthier!

My wife takes flaxseed oil... I still don't know why.... but it is not expensive so....
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options

I guess...but seems better for people to just not reply if that is the kind of reply that they have :indifferent:

Most of the responses I'm seeing are perfectly truthful, valid and not rude at all.
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    To be fair, I could actually post things that would work but are ridiculously dangerous, so i'll refrain.

What I should say is:

There are no 'healthy' shortcuts. Any shortcut you take will be detrimental to your health either in the short-term, or the longer term.

The only healthy way to do it is the old fashioned way: Calories expended vs Calories in, with some common sense.
  • stagegoddess
    stagegoddess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i used to get their jack3d. it doesn't actually speed up the weight loss but it helps keep you focused on your workouts and eager to use up energy.
  • MaureenH39
    Options
  • Webona293
    Webona293 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    oxy elite pro...its like metabolife but without ephedrine it has some other ingredient like ephedrine ( 1,3-Dimethylamylamine) that hasn't been banned yet. It's like $50 at GNC but I found it cheaper online. Get it while you can...the US military has already banned it from being sold on bases after 2 soldiers dropped dead from heart attacks during physical training while using product. Don't be a jerk and pop them all day you only take ONE for 2 days then JUST TWO a day after that. Talk to your doctor before using this but if you have heart issues, high blood pressure, or are taking any psychiatric medication for depression or bipolar disorder or anything like that don't take this product.