Negative comments

Options

Replies

• crazybigchick
    Options
    I have had it happen. Just because I am not his cup of tea doesn't mean there is something wrong with me. I can change my weight, but he will be an @ss till the day he dies. :) Just keep at it! Don't let little set backs get you down. Get mad and get moving! :heart:
  • GnaBean
    GnaBean Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My 12 year old son has a signature line attached to each of his texts. I think it's perfect for this situation:

HATERS = MOTIVATORS!

Don't let this jerk stop you. Make it your goal to go at your workouts harder! Because if you're out there doing something to improve your health, you're a WINNER! And you're going to show the world that you've got what it takes!!
  • cakeordeath
    cakeordeath Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    just remember you maybe a little chunky, but you are taking steps to fix that, they will always be stupid and hateful, there is no fixing that. keep it up and dont let it bother you. they are just increadibly unhappy with themselves and are taking it out on the world.
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I had someone yell at me the very first day I went out jogging, just as I set out, only about 5 yards from my front door!! It was so demoralising but spurred me on to be honest, made me even more determined. As others have said, you're bettering your own life, we can change our weight, they can't change their cowardise/stupidity/ignorance...the list goes on ;)
  • Squiggs67
    Options
    I started walking and did short jogging intervals at 400+ lbs. I even do Zumba. Are there people that I notice point and laughing? Sure. Do I care? No, not really. I just think of this
    i%27m+sorry+i+can%27t+hear+you+over+the+sound+of+how+awesome+I+am.jpg

HA HA HAAAA....Love it!!! Great post, good thing to remember.
  • srw99999
    Options
    A friend and I started Mountain Biking almost 3 years ago. We are in our 50's and got a lot of positive and negative feed back from the 20 - 30 group. If we hung our hat on the negative ones and quit we would of missed some of the best times of our lives! This is for you and only you. Here's to the do it crowd!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    A couple months ago I was running a fun run with a group and got seperated from the group. I was running along struggling a little bit on a hot day when a guy playing frisbee golf decided to point and MOOO at me. Seriously! I stopped.... pulled my headphones out of my ears and said "exactly how many half marathons have you run" he replied "none." I said well I have done 13 and training for my first full ... the guy just sat there with his mouth agape. His friend said "sorry for being a jerk, thats awesome, good luck on the marathon."

I left the whole thing confident ... MOOO at me I guess I dont care. Unless you are running by me mooing I am still doing something more than you. And BTW I have never ever met a runner who was mean or rude while running! Nothing but smiles, waves, and thumbs up!
  • mitbmitb2
    Options
    That happened to me too once when i was walking and also on my bike... Unfortunately the world is full of people like that...Just think that weight is something you can fix but , to quote Judge Judy, you cannot fix stupid!
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    ^^^ ditto

this reminds me of quote from Pretty Woman

People put you down enough you start to believe it... the bad stuff is easier to believe, you ever notice that? --

I try to use is as my "fuel" ! good luck
    Ahhh I love that film :heart:

Don't listen to the arseholes!! Headphones on, music on! Balls to them! You are doing brilliantly!
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    A couple months ago I was running a fun run with a group and got seperated from the group. I was running along struggling a little bit on a hot day when a guy playing frisbee golf decided to point and MOOO at me. Seriously! I stopped.... pulled my headphones out of my ears and said "exactly how many half marathons have you run" he replied "none." I said well I have done 13 and training for my first full ... the guy just sat there with his mouth agape. His friend said "sorry for being a jerk, thats awesome, good luck on the marathon."

I left the whole thing confident ... MOOO at me I guess I dont care. Unless you are running by me mooing I am still doing something more than you. And BTW I have never ever met a runner who was mean or rude while running! Nothing but smiles, waves, and thumbs up!

:laugh: Brilliant!!
  • mitbmitb2
    Options
    wow! good for you for having the guts to stand up for yourself!
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yes, just ignore the comments and walk on!!!! IF it's a reoccurring problem with the same person/vehicle definately pick a different route for safety reasons. That being said if it's just random rude people, don't fret, you are out there for you and no one else.
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    BEAUTIFUL THINGS HAPPEN IN YOUR LIFE WHEN YOU DISTANCE YOURSELF FROM ALL THE NEGATIVE THINGS - Positive Outlook website I just posted this on my Facebook page. Put in your headphones and be proud of yourself!
  • Gran315
    Gran315 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Some years ago as I entered a shop through their narrow doorway, another customer in the shop said, "if you get any fatter, you'll not get through there." For once my brain reacted immediately and I replied, " Well, fortunately, it doesn't seem to affect my manners!"
    She left the shop as the young man behind the counter laughed and said, " Good for you."
    Unfortunately, I'm still fat, but that's why I joined MFP and it's really helping me to focus.
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It is easy to let someone insignificant have an impact upon us.

You are doing great things for yourself and for those you love and love you.

His comments were as insignificant and immature as he was and you should only afford him the time he deserves, which is none whatsoever.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Ignore them! I'm proud of you! Use that experience to motivate yourself even more. You are doing this for YOU, who cares what anyone else thinks?
    Last week when my husband and I were out biking (10 miles up and down hills, no less), a neighbor was sitting out in his front yard and saw us go by,, he yelled 'Nice outfits!' at us, since we were wearing vests and helmets. But.. he's sitting there with his dog, not moving his *kitten* and we've lost nearly 100lbs between the two of us. We also ride on highways, want to be seen and would like to keep our brains intact! People can be so rude. Sometimes I think they are just jealous because they don't have the 'balls' to get off their *kitten* and workout too!
    Keep going and ignore the jerks! YOU can do this and do it for YOU!!!! <hugs>
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    we might be chubby/fat/a little over weight/not quite where we want to be, but hey, we're not ignorant *kitten* - there isnt an exercise in the world that can cure that affliction!

xx

LOVE this!! Absolutely agree that you can have a good cry over it, but then you just get back out there!
  • karennicholsss
    karennicholsss Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This breaks my heart.

WHY must people TRY to bring people down to their same, pathetic, low level?

Keep your chin up, and the volume of your IPod, and rock on!

:(

I'm so sorry for you. Had I witnessed this, I would have make that son of a b cry. LOL!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    If it's someone in a group or a group, I flip the bird in their direction.

If it's a single person or I can identify who said it, I stop, make eye contact, and stare at them. When they look away, I move back into their field of vision. I like to take away the anonymity of a stranger yelling at a stranger. I want to put your face in my memory so when you decide to play nice later, I can tell you to f*** off.

I have yet to be harassed for walking in public up here. Guess Canadians are polite.
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The world is full of sh*tty people but it doesn't mean their stink has to rub off on to you.

I LOVE this!!!!!!