Horrible customer service experience NSV!

Options

Replies

• citizencrp
    citizencrp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    She was just trying to help you and now she might lose her job and her ability to pay for her family and her home? And as I presume you're American, her health insurance, meaning she might die because she tried to help you? Great.

Also, for all you feel like she's judging you for being 'fat', you've judged her, and her trying to help coming across as offensive to you might have been a sign of Asperger's or any number of things.
    She was being rude. Straight up.
    And yes, this woman is being judged for her inappropriate, rude behavior--also for her complete lack of customer service skills. Some people just don't have them.
    Walmart doesn't provide real health insurance for like 90% of it's employees, so, not only do I doubt this woman got fired for this infraction, but I don't think our poster just killed your favorite Asberger's Customer Service Agent. Hope that helps.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Where I work they would have given you a gift card too! We're famous for that. lol I'm so sorry that happened to you, I can't possibly think of any reasons why someone would go up to you and say that. Especially when you're obviously not too big for Juniors.. smh.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    She was just trying to help you and now she might lose her job and her ability to pay for her family and her home? And as I presume you're American, her health insurance, meaning she might die because she tried to help you? Great.

Also, for all you feel like she's judging you for being 'fat', you've judged her, and her trying to help coming across as offensive to you might have been a sign of Asperger's or any number of things.
    She was being rude. Straight up.
    And yes, this woman is being judged for her inappropriate, rude behavior--also for her complete lack of customer service skills. Some people just don't have them.
    Walmart doesn't provide real health insurance for like 90% of it's employees, so, not only do I doubt this woman got fired for this infraction, but I don't think our poster just killed your favorite Asberger's Customer Service Agent. Hope that helps.

Almost all walmart employee's get insurance, crappy insurance, but we do. Everything else is totally true!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    :drinker: thats the most awesome thing ever !! good for you
  • blondie0942
    blondie0942 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I think you handled that very well. If some store associate approached me and said something like that, I'd rip her a new @sshole. I'm sorry she said that to you. Some people are just unreasonably cruel.
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    WOW! The nerve of some people! Good for you for standing up for yourself!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    :sad: :drinker: (combo) lo
    wow!!! thats awesome that you stood your ground and were tactfull about it!! that lady musta been bored and who knows..wants people to feel as unhappy as she is?!?!? idk and u are right.. how does she know you werent looking for a gift for a friend or anyone!?!? what a weirdo.. hell yeah girl !! u are down almot 50#'s and you wear those new size 16 jeans with your head held high and that lady can fly a freakin kite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (ps we both wear size 16) hehe :wink:
  • Nan_
    Nan_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    She was wrong, not you. When she is on the floor she represents the company, and she has no business telling you that she has nothing in your size and what department to shop in. If she doesn't *know* that, then she shouldn't be allowed to work with customers.

I doubt if she'll be fired but I am glad that you told the manager. I know that my son prefers that people tell him things so that he can do damage control, rather than lose a faithful customer due to an employee's incompetence.
  • That's disgusting. I probably would have smothered her with the jeans, lol. I'm glad you kept your cool and are seeing the bright side of things. Because my temper would have gone off the charts.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options

Just so you know, I work at a Walmart that women wouldn't have lost her job. You don't get fired that easily, she probably got a slap on the wrist, or written up. If she's done similar things at least 5 times in the past year then, yes, she would have been fired. What she did was WRONG and Walmart doesn't want their employees to behave in that way, so this women was totally in the right to tell a manager. Now the women knows not to make the same mistakes, and hurt someone else with her 'help.'

Also, judging by the amount of people who have either had it happen and reacted similarly, or at least agree with her feelings.. does everyone here have Asperger's too? lol!

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Radiskull
    Radiskull Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that happened to you. You did a great job sticking up for yourself, but I know how bad it hurts when someone says crap like that to you. I will never forget the day my aunt looked me up and down and said, "You are going to have to do something about yourself. You are getting entirely too fat." I was in complete shock. I went home and cried for hours. Just let it motivate you and not discourage you. :)
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I guess I don't see the big deal. Perhaps she was just trying to help and you are a bit sensitive about your weight? Based on your comment, size is very important to you, so maybe you read her the wrong way?

Not trying to be argumentative, just providing a different perspective.

I often find that my reaction to others is more a reflection of my personal insecurities or sensitivities than the other person's intent...

I mean, it isn't like she said, "Hey, f@t @$$, your section is over there."

I think the point was that the OP had already told the saleswoman she could wear the clothes in the juniors section and that she didn't need any help and the woman kept pushing her to go to a different department. If the employee had made the suggestion once and left it at that, I don't think it would have been as big of a deal, but she not only implied that the OP was fat, she also questioned her judgement.
  • blondie0942
    blondie0942 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

I am so tired of people making idiotic assumptions based on something they know little to nothing about. there is so much wrong in this post. SO MUCH.

This isn't the case of the poor old grandmother who was offering milk and cookies to the OP when she rudely slapped them out of her hand, what the employee said to OP was clearly rude.
  • Tanig32
    Tanig32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You go girl you have worked hard for them 16's so you betta rock em , im glad you didnt let granny rude pants steal your joy.
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Way to stand up for yourself! As for the woman, she may have been trying to be rude or she may have actually been trying to help and was just too pushy. It's no one's place to judge her, nor is it her place to judge you.

Speaking from personal experience, my grandmother is a seamstress and is used to working on sizes 0 to XXXXL. It's her job to make sure the people at her company are dressed appropriately, and I could definitely see her having this conversation with someone. Though I doubt she'd be quite that blunt or forceful about it. Lol.

Also, a question to everyone, what does NSV stand for? I haven't seen it on these forums yet.
  • patty9013
    patty9013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You get it girl!!! I bet if you were truely needing help you couldn't have found anyone to help!
  • heather_huggins
    heather_huggins Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i would have drop kicked that ho! kudos to you for staying so calm. that is just down right rude and no body has the right to ever degrade someone like that. pathetic old lady. you go girl!
  • NoFatChick2
    Options
    I guess I don't see the big deal. Perhaps she was just trying to help and you are a bit sensitive about your weight? Based on your comment, size is very important to you, so maybe you read her the wrong way?

Not trying to be argumentative, just providing a different perspective.

I often find that my reaction to others is more a reflection of my personal insecurities or sensitivities than the other person's intent...

I mean, it isn't like she said, "Hey, f@t @$$, your section is over there."

^^This. Hard to gauge really since we don't know the tone she used when she suggested the women's sizes.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I had a similiar experience in July while on vacation. We were at a Hard Rock Cafe spending a load of money. I picked out a shirt behind the counter and asked if they had that in a Large. The lady said those are "fitted t-shirts", maybe you would rather look at the normal t-shirts. Actually no I didnt. I had seen that same shirt last year and wanted it so bad but knew at 290 pounds they wouldnt have my size. She continues to say they are more for juniors and would fit like the one she had on. I said great, that's what I want, I'm tired of hiding behind oversize t-shirts. Then I went on to by 5 more 'fitted" t-shirts. Before the vacation was over, I bought probably 15 fitted shirts. It took me a little while to adjust to clothing actually touching me. But NO ONE is going to tell me what I can wear or not wear from now on.

My avatar pic is the shirt she tried to keep me from buying. A little tight but since then I've lost almost another 10 pounds and I'm enjoying wearing the new fitted shirts!

i didnt say a word to her manager or anything, but now that you have posted this, I may just write a letter to Hard Rock to let them know!

Congrats for holding your ground and holding your head high!
  • xcharlotterenee
    Options
    Wow, she was unbelievably rude. How are people so oblivious to the hurtful things they can say? I'm glad you spoke up and told the cashier that got the manager! That is something that should be acknowledged. You rock those jeans pretty!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!