Horrible customer service experience NSV!

Options

Replies

• maddiec1989
    maddiec1989 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Good for you :)
    as someone who works in retail, I can't even imagine speaking to a customer that way. that woman should be moved to the back stock room if that's her idea of customer service.
  • ilyahna
    ilyahna Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You should write into their corporate headquarters about that... that is just absolutely unacceptable. And good for you for having enough self-confidence that you know you don't have to take being treated like that.

That lady just sounds like a bully. "Trying to help" my *kitten*.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Congrats on NSV !! And I'm so glad u spoke to the manager !!
  • Sptwoman
    Sptwoman Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm glad you got the opportunity to state your feelings and give yourself closure on that ad experience. Excellent!
  • myogibbs
    Options
    I think that is a HUGE NSV!!! You go girl!!! That story doesn't even sound real...I can't believe people can be that rude! I would have put everything back, cried in the parking lot until my husband came back & then insisted we go somewhere else, so your restraint & composure astounds me...Karma baby...she will get hers....
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    im glad you said something back to her She must be miserable at her job and she needs to quit before someone punches her in the face. Good for you. I wish I lived in your city then I can go to walmart myself and wait for her top approach me with that BS. lol Anyways go show your *kitten* off in your new jeans!!! :drinker:
  • lmcniel
    Options
    Good for you! I hope she lost her job! There are many people who have better attitudes who need a job right now!
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why woman shop in the juniors section anyway. I mean I don't go shopping in the boys section.. but anyways congrats on your nsv and putting the granny in her place
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Way to stand up for yourself! As for the woman, she may have been trying to be rude or she may have actually been trying to help and was just too pushy. It's no one's place to judge her, nor is it her place to judge you.

Speaking from personal experience, my grandmother is a seamstress and is used to working on sizes 0 to XXXXL. It's her job to make sure the people at her company are dressed appropriately, and I could definitely see her having this conversation with someone. Though I doubt she'd be quite that blunt or forceful about it. Lol.

Also, a question to everyone, what does NSV stand for? I haven't seen it on these forums yet.

I'm pretty sure it means non-scale victory? That's my best guess! Lol!
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    She was just trying to help you and now she might lose her job and her ability to pay for her family and her home? And as I presume you're American, her health insurance, meaning she might die because she tried to help you? Great.

Also, for all you feel like she's judging you for being 'fat', you've judged her, and her trying to help coming across as offensive to you might have been a sign of Asperger's or any number of things.

Just so you know, I work at a Walmart that women wouldn't have lost her job. You don't get fired that easily, she probably got a slap on the wrist, or written up. If she's done similar things at least 5 times in the past year then, yes, she would have been fired. What she did was WRONG and Walmart doesn't want their employees to behave in that way, so this women was totally in the right to tell a manager. Now the women knows not to make the same mistakes, and hurt someone else with her 'help.'

Also, judging by the amount of people who have either had it happen and reacted similarly, or at least agree with her feelings.. does everyone here have Asperger's too? lol!
    I worked for walmart to and they fired ppl for alot less than what she did. Stop making excuses for this nasty old miserable lady that hates her job and takes it out on the customers. I hope she did get fired (or at least suspended) Retire if your that miserable or get a new job.

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    She was just trying to help you and now she might lose her job and her ability to pay for her family and her home? And as I presume you're American, her health insurance, meaning she might die because she tried to help you? Great.

Also, for all you feel like she's judging you for being 'fat', you've judged her, and her trying to help coming across as offensive to you might have been a sign of Asperger's or any number of things.

I am so tired of people making idiotic assumptions based on something they know little to nothing about. there is so much wrong in this post. SO MUCH.

This isn't the case of the poor old grandmother who was offering milk and cookies to the OP when she rudely slapped them out of her hand, what the employee said to OP was clearly rude.

EXXXXXXXXXACTLY!!!!!!! Good for you OP!
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Glad you put the insensitive creature in her place.
  • wanarun
    wanarun Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    HOLY CRAP! I want to hang out with you! That's exactly what I would have done. To those that say you shouldn't have said anything? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? There are millions of people out of work who would do anything for that job, and that old wench doesn't deserve it. She definitely does not belong in customer service!.
  • tryagain72
    Options
    U DO have a lot more control than I do! i probably would have stooped to her level and mentioned she was an old lady working at Wal Mart who also shouldn't be in that section due to her age but u handled it with grace and dignity good job! and i think u should go back there in the tightest pair of skinny jeans u can wear!! Rock on girlfriend!!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Good for you, but......
    That is absolutely horrifying how rude that woman was.
    What the hell is her problem?

I would not hesitate to send a letter to Walmart headquarters. They hate hearing stuff like that.
  • fletchleg
    fletchleg Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Good for you for standing your ground. Fair enough she might have been trying to help but she should have left it after the first suggestion of going to the womens section and not pressed the subject.

Reading this reminded me of when I bought my sister a birthday present recently, she'd text me the exact dress she wanted and what size (she's a uk size 12/14 and I'm a 22/24). So I toddled off to my nearest store, found the dress in her size and went to the checkout to pay. When I got there the cashier looked at the size, then at me, then back at the dress a few times then had the nerve to say 'you know I think you'll need a bigger size, is this for you?' Apart from it being none of her ****ing business am I really that stupid to buy a dress 6 sizes too small for me? I was FUMING but just snottily replied 'its for my sisters birthday thank you very much and walked out close to tears.
  • ericaknight95
    ericaknight95 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I can't believe somebody did that to you! I would have cried on the spot. Good for you girl, you rock :flowerforyou:
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Good for you for standing your ground. Fair enough she might have been trying to help but she should have left it after the first suggestion of going to the womens section and not pressed the subject.

Reading this reminded me of when I bought my sister a birthday present recently, she'd text me the exact dress she wanted and what size (she's a uk size 12/14 and I'm a 22/24). So I toddled off to my nearest store, found the dress in her size and went to the checkout to pay. When I got there the cashier looked at the size, then at me, then back at the dress a few times then had the nerve to say 'you know I think you'll need a bigger size, is this for you?' Apart from it being none of her ****ing business am I really that stupid to buy a dress 6 sizes too small for me? I was FUMING but just snottily replied 'its for my sisters birthday thank you very much and walked out close to tears.

Wow. Just wow. I'm so sorry that happened to you. People can be SO rude!!!!!!
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • dbrinkmeyer
    dbrinkmeyer Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is great that you stood up for yourself. Thanks for sharing your story. I wouldn't have imagined someone would actually do that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!