Michael Clarke Duncan Dead of Heart Attack

Options
1235»

Replies

• iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, heart disease often doesn't care what your fitness level or eating habits are. Genetics are huge. If your liver is pumping out the cholesterol, diet and exercise alone may not be enough.

A good reminder for all of us to go get levels checked. Fix what you can with lifestyle, but take your meds if you have them.
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Only a couple people have mentione his size. Having met him in person (I waited onhim once as awaitress in LA) 6'5" seems like and understatement the guy was just HUGE and it must take more for his heat just to pump blood like it should. Its not all that unusal for really large guys to have heart probelms earlier in life becasue their hearts work harder and when they fail it take more to get them going again. It is sad though he really was an absolute sweetheart. :cry:
  • plmob
    Options
    @Rocbola

My guess is that you find any information that contradicts your own beliefs to be "total BS"... However, the film offers interesting counterpoints regarding the lipid hypothesis, which is why it was suggested. In any case, the main point was to "do your own research" and to think for yourself instead of regurgitating and adhering to information that "someone" has told you is fact.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I have already said, I was a huge fan, so I am not saying this with any lack of respect.

But - big muscles are not a sign of health. They are just a sign of being able to lift heavy things, please don't conflate the two. Also big people are far more prone to heart attacks than smaller people, and he was a very big person, in all directions.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Anyone with Michael Clarke Duncan's body spent a lot of time in the gym and that's something we tend to equate with being fit and healthy, obviously that is not always the case there are so many other factors at play.

Living a fit and healthy life is a sacrifice, I just think we have to remember it is just important to live and enjoy life as it is to take care of our bodies. How many of us have limited our socializing because of temptations of food, or when we did go out with friends avoided alcohol, dessert and other foods that everyone else enjoyed. How many of us have done two a days at the gym or spent hours working out instead of living life. I have seen posts where people say they have given up pasta and dairy. At a certain point, we can take all the joy out of eating with our strict and disciplined lifestyles in the name of fitness and health. We can only control so much. We can only beat the clock so much. So while I'm not saying give up on your fitness goals, just don't obsess over them because in the end you want to say you had a good life