I'm everyone's soul mate, until they realize I'm curvy!

Options

Replies

• Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    You look great..and 40 is the new 30..

And stop meeting agreeing to meet guys off of FB..socially inept guys date from FB..you don't want to date a mouth breather or a momma's boy.
  • PaleoRDH
    Options
    screw them. you'll never please everyone so don't even bother. when you lose all the weight, you'll hear "OMG you're way too thin I like girls with curves." To hell with that just be happy for yourself. I had a guy tell me I was too tall for him......... that's his problem GF I didn't dwell on it or through my heels out. Just keep moving forward......................
  • aquamarine78
    Options
    Ugh!!! I so understand what you are going through. Why do men think they have the right to give any advice about our bodies. I have had the same experience on online dating sites and I would have a really cute head shot but when they would meet me in person and see I was overweight, they wouldn't call again. These men were nothing to look at either I must say. I have a great guy that I'm with now. But he is really skinny. So I know people look at us strange and judge him for going out with a "big girl" Anyways, I have learned that no matter what size or shape you are, some men will never be pleased. I just started this journey and I know it won't be easy. So happy for you about your weight loss!! I hope I can do as well as you :)
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Men and women both discriminate but it's so hard if you don't have full body pics up for them to see. If I were dating online, I would make sure I have full body pics so I wouldn't encounter curvy girl bias.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    A lot of men are wonderful, not everyone is going to be into you no matter what you look like...Look at Halle Berry for example, she's gorgeous and her (ex)husband still went off with other women... there are just some nasty men out there. There are nasty women out there too. Have a little patience and you'll find a good one!!! :)
  • VanillaBone
    VanillaBone Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    "Real women have curves"

My uterus suggests otherwise.
  • yobby1969
    yobby1969 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support! I'm not online dating, these are just guys that are friends of friends and message me "Hey, don't I know you from somewhere?" We start talking and they think I'm amazing, funny..blah blah blah...I feel like I need to tell them I'm kind of an amazon.....5'9 and wear heels...plus I've got major curves...huge boobs and booty to match...I'm like Jessica Rabbit, if she had kids and like cheeseburgers! This doesn't detour them...they love a real girl..blah blah blah....meet in person and wah wah wah...nothing! Btw..these winners are all old frat boys, clinging to their glory days and are attracted to only petite, super thin girls..every time!!! WTF? I don't get it!
  • jimmeezwyf
    jimmeezwyf Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    A man that is truly meant for you wouldn't react that way...you wouldn't want to get stuck with somebody who doesn't love all of you anyways. Example...my husband has known me for over 20 years skinny, fat, in between, and right now I have 50 plus pounds to lose. He is so worried about me losing too much weight because he loves me for me right now and doesn't desire anybody but me, and in his mind by me losing weight I will be a changed person. Well that's what I figure, I'm no psych...lol My point is that if a man truly loves you none of that stuff matters. If it does he will be a positive force in your life to help you get healthy without belittling you or making you feel any less because you are overweight. A man who truly loves you, loves all of you! I hope you find a good one!
  • yobby1969
    yobby1969 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Haha....too true!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    be proud of your curves real women have curves

And the ones that don't are obviously fake and not real....

I think you missed my point, men dont want stick figures we want women who have shape to them not to look like a plank of wood flat all over

No, I'm not. You obviously don't know how to compliment one size without insulting the other.

As for the OP, you will find someone who loves the way you look. Every guy has different tastes and some like thin women and some like thicker women. Don't let the the vocal *kitten* ruin the nice guys for you.
  • RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You know in your heart that you are rockin'. You may want to think about meeting guys a different way though... I know it's not an easy thing, but if FB is sending you bozo's time to close down the clown school. What about taking a class or joining a club/group? There are tons of meetups out there... there might be one that's just what you're looking for... ; ) Keep focused on how great you're doing and how strong you are. And well done on reaching out.... not an easy thing to do!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    be proud of your curves real women have curves

And the ones that don't are obviously fake and not real....

I think you missed my point, men dont want stick figures we want women who have shape to them not to look like a plank of wood flat all over

No, she got your point. You didn't hear her point, which is that women who are naturally less curvy are no less deserving of a man's admiration or respect.
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    It really a blessing in disguise when they're up front with you about not being into your size (which, by the way, isn't big!). You'd hate for them to waste your time, you possibly fall in love, and THEN they mention that they don't appreciate your appearance.

Keep trying! Right guy is out there, and they're not all jerks :flowerforyou:
  • lilangel317
    lilangel317 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Guys that say stupid crap like that are not men.
    I am 275 lbs and my husband loves me and didnt just settle. I was 198 lbs when we met and you know what he loved on me? He love my thick thighs and big butt. Yup thats what he loved. I am trying to lose and get down to 140 lbs but he says that he hopes it doesnt take away my thighs and butt because he likes to have something to hold onto. Just focus on you and that good man will come around in time.

My husband is the sweetest man I have ever met. We talked for nearly a week before he ever laid eyes on me even in a picture. I told him up front that I am no "trophy" girl (then at around 195-200lbs). He still wanted to meet me. We fell in love instantly. He is a thin man with a very high metabolism so you can imagine the intimidation there.

Never not once did he mention my weight in a negative way. I, like this person, was told that he hoped I didn't lose my butt because that was his favorite.

NEVER EVER let any person, especially a man, tell you that you have to fit a certain physical appearance to be loved or to qualify for someones affection. That is a load of crap! The right one will come along that will love you for YOU, ALL OF YOU, not just what is on the outside.

Love yourself first and it will be contagious to someone else. Beauty comes from within. Your outward appearance is merely a reflection of who you are on the inside.
  • 2Shar
    2Shar Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    A man worthy of your love will want you the way you are. If on line dating, then put up a full body picture of yourself doing something you Love. Be Proud of who you are today, as you will still be that person tomorrow ~ it is only the package in which your body is encased! The men that are looking for one night stands will care about your size, the ones that want to start a life with you will care about what is in your mind, and heart! There are tons of all types of men out there, know that you are worthy of the best one out there, that will blend with you naturally! My 2 cents..
  • ParaSempreAmor11
    ParaSempreAmor11 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    REAL men like curves, dogs like bones :wink:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I've never had trouble with dating, even as a fairly overweight woman... maybe they just don't like you?
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support! I'm not online dating, these are just guys that are friends of friends and message me "Hey, don't I know you from somewhere?" We start talking and they think I'm amazing, funny..blah blah blah...I feel like I need to tell them I'm kind of an amazon.....5'9 and wear heels...plus I've got major curves...huge boobs and booty to match...I'm like Jessica Rabbit, if she had kids and like cheeseburgers! This doesn't detour them...they love a real girl..blah blah blah....meet in person and wah wah wah...nothing! Btw..these winners are all old frat boys, clinging to their glory days and are attracted to only petite, super thin girls..every time!!! WTF? I don't get it!

You DO get it, you just stated it, 'these winners are all old frat boys, clinging to their glory days and are attracted to only petite, super thin girls..every time!!!'... You're not that girl, you're picking from a pool of wrong 'uns!!! Do yourself a favour and include a full body shot...
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Guys say stupid things. Sadly for some of those guys it's true for a select few.

When a guy says something hurtful like that to me I've used this line. "I see, clearly I accepted a date with some guy thinking he was a man. Have a nice day."

A real man wouldn't dump you just because of that. What jerks did that to you from here? That's just not right especially since they already know you're working towards a fitter healthier you! Just grrr... that makes me angry!

Exactly!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    No one is your soul mate if you haven't even met them yet.