I'm everyone's soul mate, until they realize I'm curvy!

Options

Replies

• sylwheat
    Options
    If that is their attitude, you are better off without them. I love my curves and I get compliments all the time. Be proud that you are trying to change for yourself and not another person. There are plenty of fish out there that love curvy women......stay true to yourself!!
  • emnk5308
    Options
    Uhm.. I think you are mistaken, I think you meant to say BOYS, not Men.

:flowerforyou: The right MAN will come along and love every curve!!!! :heart:
  • poshcouture
    Options
    I can certainly empathize with you - OP. Dating isn't easy when you've got some meat on your bones. Yes, I'm a big girl, but I love me in the skin I'm in and I'll love me when there's less. You, mi'ja, are beautiful! And there's a man out there who'll appreciate your curves - but more so, who will love and cherish you just for being you.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I am so frustrated with men!! I am tired of them thinking I am their soul mate based on my fb profile pic, talking me to go out with them. Then when we meet, they realize I am a real 40 yr old , curvy girl and feel the need to tell me what I need to change to be worthy of their middle aged advances!. Third guy to say something to me like that! I've lost 30 and feeling good. I like my curves and guess what...some guys love my curves! This one guy that I went to school with messaged me and asked me for a full body shot, I said that I didn't know him, and he said..what did you get fat or something? Like I have to justify anything to him! Another guy friend of mine said that all guys want supermodels, but then they settle for what they can get. He told me that no one would ask me out if I was overweight, unless the guy had been turned down by the other thinner girls...and that thin wins over pretty every time! I swear, I'm gonna take them out!!! It messed with my head a bit. I felt like I gained 600 pounds immediately. I hate that I let some idiot(s) get to me. I have to remember that I'm doing this for me. To be healthy, and athletic again. And....I happen to know that's not true anyway. I've dated many guys,who were not pretending to be into me..they were INTO me! And heavier than I am now..I'm all done..sheesh!!!

I'm not going to lie, I only read the first line and that was enough. Stop trying to meet men through the internet!
    People have personal preferences regardless of where they meet or interact. Im sure there are plenty of guy that see the OP's curves in person and are not intererested because they want bigger or smaller. She should meet guys where she feels the most comfortable. Just because its in person does not guarantee a positive outcome.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Real women have vaginas. The end. Do any of you think before you type? Ever? Calling thin or fit women "bones/sticks/NOT WOMEN" is just as offensive as calling a fat woman 'rotund.'
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I understand all too well what you're going through. People can be cruel.
    I'm curvy...thin or heavy. And I'm tall. The combination is obviously not for everyone. Just keep walking up that hill. Prince Charming is out there somewhere.
  • Kelleigh710
    Kelleigh710 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This makes me so sad to hear that someone would say something like that to you! What is wrong with people! Anyway doll, you are fine AS IS. You're just now CHOOSING to change your lifestyle for YOU only. Keep working hard, stay on the path and make it happen. I am thankful to have a husband that loves every ounce of me and it's an effortless relationship. You don't need to be with someone and always wondering if you're good enough, if you're pretty enough, or IF HE CAN HANDLE YOUR CURVES. Anyway, if you need to ask that third question, he probably can't handle your curves and you shouldn't bother with him anyway :)
  • NoFatChick2
    Options
    There's someone out there for you, just be the best "you" that you can be.

Ladies, whether you are tall, short, thin, curvy...whatever you are, there is a man who is going to find you drop dead gorgeous. Don't settle. That some guys would be so offensive, be grateful; some weeds are easier to pull out than others.
  • emnk5308
    Options
    REAL men like curves, dogs like bones :wink:

That's just as stupid as insulting fat people.

This is TRUE. Men are naturally drawn to bigger/ curvier women... *Not necessarily a 'fat' woman. Curvy women with meat are 'better' for having kids. And at one point in history, skinny girls were ugly/ horrible things.. because they were starved and poor. Fat, pale women were kept inside and well fed. They were rich... Our basic instincts still work.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    be proud of your curves real women have curves

Considering that the definition of "curves" has started meaning overweight with fat rolls , I'd rather be flat as a board as you later described it, then overweight with rolls of fat everywhere on my body.
    To OP:
    Keep hanging on.. eventually you'll find one.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Real women have vaginas. The end. Do any of you think before you type? Ever? Calling thin or fit women "bones/sticks/NOT WOMEN" is just as offensive as calling a fat woman 'rotund.'
    God I think I love you.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

This is TRUE. Men are naturally drawn to bigger/ curvier women... *Not necessarily a 'fat' woman. Curvy women with meat are 'better' for having kids. And at one point in history, skinny girls were ugly/ horrible things.. because they were starved and poor. Fat, pale women were kept inside and well fed. They were rich... Our basic instincts still work.

not the men i know. we prefer athletic or thin to overweight.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    maybe it's not your curves?
  • yobby1969
    yobby1969 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow....I guess I touched a nerve! I was just venting.

1. I am not online dating or fb dating, I just hit it off with someone who was a friend of a friend. I thought i was upfront about the myself. He said it didn't matter, but in the end it did. Just the wrong guy for me, but still hurts to be rejected.
    2. I have full body shots on fb, but none that let it all hang out.
    3. I seem to attract guys that like little girls, even in person. That's the part I don't get.
    4. It didn't happen to me three times. The other comments came from guy friends, who thought they were being helpful, but just made me angry!

Thanks..I'm all good! ; )
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    maybe it's not your curves?

Hahahahahahahahaha
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I like curvy women. Have you thought about becoming a lesbian? :wink:
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Glasgow_Vegan Posts: 209 Member
    Options

Let me get this right, you say 'fat' in inverted commas, then follow it with some mansplaining about how skinny women are "bones" and "ugly/horrible things". THINGS - really? I'll get right on to listening to your opinion...
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options

Agreed.

And us thin women who are "flat as boards" still have curves too. Skinny doesn't necessarily equal flat.

Btw...I have trouble getting dates too. Except i can't blame it on my weight. Or maybe I can. Maybe men don't like the fact I can outpullup and out pushup them. Who knows. Men just DO NOT ask me out period. So I am single. But i like it that way..for now.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    When you're online dating, just say up front that you're overweight and working hard to change that. The shallow ones won't waste your time and you can spend your energy finding someone who wants to be with you for you.

This makes a lot of sense.

Sorry but for every overweight woman's "why don't men want to date me once they know I'm heavy?" posts, there is a man asking "why can't women be honest about their body type BEFORE I meet them?"

^^^this^^^

Because there is no way to pick an accurate description.

When I was internet dating a few years ago, I was in great shape. I was at my ideal weight, I was working out regularly, and I had an hourglass figure.

Choices were: curvy, athletic, about average, a few extra pounds. So first I put "curvy". Dates told me that in internet dating this means very overweight. So then I put "athletic", and dates told me that in internet dating that means no chest and a good booty. I wasn't overweight so "average" wasn't right and neither was "a few extra pounds".

No one ever complained because I had a full body shot up on my profile, but virtually every date told me I had chosen the wrong body description no matter what I put.

Moral of the story is people aren't necessarily trying to misrepresent themselves.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    What a horrible sentiment.