I'm everyone's soul mate, until they realize I'm curvy!

Options

Replies

• FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Wow.. those guys really sound like jerks.
    :( Sorry to hear you've experienced this.

I think it really depends on the guy. There are plenty of men who prefer thinner women and plenty who prefer curvy and even plus sized & obese. Honestly judging a persons compatibility purely off of weight is not a healthy start to a relationship anyways. It's not that there isn't something to be said for enjoying the appearance of your S/O, but basing the ability to have an amazing relationship off of that is definitely shallow in my book. I've always been 'curvy' so to speak.. even at my smallest weight in high school (5'4, 159 lbs & wearing a size 9 jeans) there were plenty of guys who only had eyes for my size 2 friends.

You will find someone who appreciates you both for your appearance and your mind. Just hang in there! :-)
  • auplayerone
    auplayerone Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    NEVER EVER let any person, especially a man, tell you that you have to fit a certain physical appearance to be loved or to qualify for someones affection. That is a load of crap! The right one will come along that will you for YOU, ALL OF YOU, not just what is on the outside.

I've had similar experiences as the OP except women deciding I didn't look good enough. Love the above quote though, as that's who I'm looking for - someone who loves all of me. Even if you meet the most ridiculous of appearance standards...it won't last forever. I'd much rather be with someone who loves me for more than my looks.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    You know what they call a guy who says crap like that? A bullet dodged. So he was an *kitten*. Big deal. There's lots of them. One of the guys I met online told me he "thought I'd be thinner" when I was 103 frickin' pounds and trying to gain weight. His expectations were not my problem.
  • RiannonC
    RiannonC Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    REAL men like curves, dogs like bones :wink:

That's just as stupid as insulting fat people.

This is TRUE. Men are naturally drawn to bigger/ curvier women... *Not necessarily a 'fat' woman. Curvy women with meat are 'better' for having kids. And at one point in history, skinny girls were ugly/ horrible things.. because they were starved and poor. Fat, pale women were kept inside and well fed. They were rich... Our basic instincts still work.

Let's not get into the whole "real women" argument. Historically, just about every form of beauty has been preferred at some point or another. That doesn't make it okay for either side to be rude about it. And no, not all men are naturally drawn to bigger or curvier women. Some men are. Some men, believe it or not, prefer whom you might inconsiderately call "sticks." There's someone out there for everyone so let's not denigrate anybody's body type, thanks.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Curvy does not equal overweight.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I wasn't aware that "curvy" was a synonym for "overweight", I thought it was just a person's body shape...

I know this is kind of off topic, but I wasn't aware of that either. If I get a mental visual based on the word "curvy" I'm pretty sure men do to. I don't know. It's easy to be their dream girl if they haven't met you I guess. I still say meeting real people doing things you enjoy is the way to go.
  • DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    love how they act like they are GOD's gift to u psh.......all i can say is ur GORGEOUS AND THEY HAVE SMALL PACKAGES .....carry on loser's
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Back when I was dating, the second I heard the words "soul mate" I walked. Who says s**t like that? Especially to someone you've never actually met or spent time around.
  • VanillaBone
    VanillaBone Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Real women have vaginas. The end.

:flowerforyou:
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to think that all the men in the world are divided into two groups chubby chasers and trophy chasers.
    And they are all smartasses
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    No one is your soul mate if you haven't even met them yet.
    This!

Also, what kind of people are you adding on fb? I tend to keep mine pretty private and only add those I want to hear from. I have no issue denying a fr from someone I don't know or hardly know. So I don't end up with *kitten* on my list like this. At least not those I didn't already know were *kitten* and that's part of their charm. Guess I treat it differently. Did these guys really never give any indication?
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to think that all the men in the world are divided into two groups chubby chasers and trophy chasers.
    And they are all smartasses

They're not!!! Men are fantastic!!! Don't tar them all with the one brush!
  • NJGmywholewrld
    NJGmywholewrld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    After my divorce in 2006, I went through the same exact thing. Men telling me that they could fall in love with, we meet for dinner or a movie, and suprise, "you just are not my type." It destroyed my self-esteem. But, as time has gone by, I thank them for their ridiculousness....They were not my type. I prefer a man to love me for me, not the exterior package. My looks can change, their ugly personality flaws cannot!
  • PilotX
    PilotX Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    be proud of your curves real women have curves

Amen!!! This ^^

Some men can be shallow. Just be glad you see the real them on the first meeting so you don't have to waste anymore of your time.

Some men can be shallow? So can some women it seems.

so me saying I think women with curves look good makes me swallow?????
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Real women have vaginas. The end. Do any of you think before you type? Ever? Calling thin or fit women "bones/sticks/NOT WOMEN" is just as offensive as calling a fat woman 'rotund.'
    God I think I love you.

I'll second that! :)
  • txdahl
    txdahl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I find that guys are very interested in me when we meet online. We find we have a lot in common and everything is going great, then we meet and I am no longer girlfriend material, or they ask for a full body pic since all mine are only face pics and that's the last I hear from them (had one be very rude about my size). I do find it interesting that these same guys have no problem asking for sex with my curvy self but not good enough to date, are they crazy! LOSERS! I do give every guy the benefit of the doubt because I know there are really good guys out there that are decent good guys. Sadly it seems I am still wading through the losers.
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You should consider e-harmony lol, and not Facebook.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    You should consider e-harmony lol, and not Facebook.

eHarmony is only for the straight and Christian.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Also, FFS people! Unless you are 2 dimensional, you've got curves! Get the eff over it!
  • juicygurl1
    juicygurl1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    There are so many superficial people in this world. Why let them bother you. If someone has an issue with your ‘curves’ and age great less time wasted on that creep. Concentrate on your wellbeing and ignore the rest. If a good life time partner is in the future you will meet and be accepted regardless of your age, size, color and texture. Don’t waste your time trying to change who you are to please someone who will discard yourself worth later in life. Being single isn’t as bad as you may want to believe!